Something You Need to Think About!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well for the same reason you avoid any Scriptural questions

Example? Because I do not recall what you are referencing.

mostly bc what I believe is not really that important I guess,

Well, If what you believe not important to you, Appropriately, it is neither important to me.

and you can believe what you like without judgement from me,

Correct. However to not be mislead, I have never solicited your judgement of me.

You are currently embarked upon a quest to attain immortality,

No, I am not on a quest for my immortality to be accomplished. I believe what the Lord speaks, and a man does, is aleady accomplished.

[QUEST] and many believe as you do, Taken,
despite the to me very plain vv in Scripture that suggest otherwise, [/QUOTE]

Straight up I agree there are Scriptures that do not say what I proclaim. And there are Scriptures that DO say what I proclaim.

It is NOt about Scriptures being in Conflict; but rather, Scriptures that SPEAK "TO and OF" persons that are "WITH or WITHOUT" the Lord.

Therefore It is about Applicability of WHAT in Scripture DOES or Does NOT Apply to each individual.

There are Many things in Scripture that Apply to me and Many thing in Scripture that Do Not Apply to me. I, as is each individual the authority to determine what Scripturally applies to them specific or not.

[/QUOTE]and even the very plain history that demands otherwise, but leaving the camp and coming out of her my ppl is a hard thing to do, [/QUOTE]

The Lord has Saved His People Historically...
but not to dismiss, people are born every minute of every day, and all people do not collectively agree in all things.

I find nothing too hard for the Lord to accomplish what He proclaims.

and I guess I am not qualified to even suggest how one might get from the many to the few, at least not to those who can Read the same things I can.

I look at MANY as the entirety of ALL persons naturally born, not simply a more modern population.

So you can search "Mithraism and Christianity" for more,

I have no desire to thumb through pages of "Mithraism" as your suggest, implying that is your choice of belief, but can not yourself formulate in a statement your own beliefs.

or you could even answer a Q that would splain why I am opposed to your belief, if you like; does Eternal mean forever?

Yes, I believe Eternal means Forever.

Do you believe you might become immortal?

Might? No. Will Become Bodily Immortal? Yes

Do you believe you might go up to heaven someday?

Bodily? No
My soul, my spirit WILL go Up to Heaven, should my BODY become physically dead.

Do you believe you might someday see Jesus or God with both of your eyes?

Mortal EYES? No. Immortal EYES? Yes.

How did you pluck your right eye out,

Who said I did? Because I haven't, nor will I.
My Eye does not offend me, thus I have no reason to Apply my eye to that Scripture.

or rather why have you avoided that Q thus far.

Already answered you, that I do not recall you asking me.

Ah bc you believe it does not apply to you, right?

APPLY to me? LOL, for claiming you have no desire to Judge people, you are quite presuming I have any obligation to read, consider or answer any question you ask.

Pick one, if you like. And you might take note of the one you pick, bc you can change your mind, any time you like. Bless you, and have a nice day

Where are your answers to the SAME Questions?

Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Even Jesus prayed to be allowed to stay and live when His time was upon Him, but let us who can't wait to leave--in fact are already checked out--tell you about Jesus"

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is telling the generation that sees all the signs He named would not die before His return. PTL. We are that generation. We are seeing the signs Jesus named Israel became a nation again after 2000 years May 15,1948 and the Jews are being brought back to their homeland Israel and the Jewish people regained control of Jerusalem July 1967 and we see the HUGE increase of man's knowledge and travel Bible prophecy talks about and the huge increase of big 6.0 + earthquakes and volcano eruptions worldwide, sink holes and the signs in the heavens=blood moons and weather changes!! Get ready to meet Jesus!!!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day After the Rapture and You are Left Behind! What will you think?? say?? do??

The one thing I have continued to not understand is when people take scriptures out of context to prove their beliefs or faith. The scriptures that people try to prove the rapture are talking of a resurrection which is bringing someone back to life who has died. The resurrection hope has always been the hope of those who have die whether you are resurrected to heaven or to earth. These scriptures are talking of a resurrection of the dead not speaking of someone who is alive being caught to heaven.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "catching" up IS THE RAPTURE=of those believers that have died and then those still living to be changed in the twinkle of the eye to immortal in new eternal bodies. 1 THESS 4:
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is telling the generation that sees all the signs He named would not die before His return. PTL. We are that generation. We are seeing the signs Jesus named Israel became a nation again after 2000 years May 15,1948 and the Jews are being brought back to their homeland Israel and the Jewish people regained control of Jerusalem July 1967 and we see the HUGE increase of man's knowledge and travel Bible prophecy talks about and the huge increase of big 6.0 + earthquakes and volcano eruptions worldwide, sink holes and the signs in the heavens=blood moons and weather changes!! Get ready to meet Jesus!!!
Real return of the Jews to Israel is that the second coming.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the catching up of believers (rapture=believers are caught up into the clouds to meet Jesus But at the return of Jesus seven years later Jesus sets His feet down on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem and defeats evil and sets up His kingdom!! The rapture is not the same event as the return of Jesus to rule on earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one thing I have continued to not understand is when people take scriptures out of context to prove their beliefs or faith. The scriptures that people try to prove the rapture is talking of a resurrection which is bringing someone ba ckto life who has died
Are you reading the New World translation?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day After the Rapture and You are Left Behind! What will you think?? say?? do??

The rapture is “the sudden disappearance of millions and millions of people without so much as a trace of where they went!” So said one Protestant evangelist. According to the Evangelical Dictionary of Theology, the term “rapture” refers to “the church being united with Christ at his second coming.” Many believe that the rapture must occur. Will it take place? If so, when.

The Bible shows that before the start of Christ’s promised Thousand Year Reign, there will be a period called the “great tribulation.” Said Jesus: “Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.” (Matthew 24:21;Revelation 20:6) Some place the rapture ahead of the great tribulation. Others expect it during that time. Still others think that the rapture will come after that unparalleled distress.

The posttribulation view was predominant until the early 19th century. Then, in England there developed a movement headed by a former Church of Ireland clergyman, John Nelson Darby. He and like-minded Anglicans became known as the Brethren. From his Plymouth base, Darby traveled to preach in Switzerland and elsewhere in Europe. He asserted that Christ’s return would occur in two stages. It would begin with a secret rapture, in which the “saints” would be caught away before a seven-year period of tribulation devastated the earth. Then Christ would appear visibly, accompanied by these “saints,” and together they would rule on earth for a thousand years.

Darby stressed the need to be separate from the world, and those sharing his views eventually became known as the Exclusive Brethren. B. W. Newton headed a different faction that believed in the rapture but not in a pretribulation one. Posttribulation advocate Alexander Reese maintained that “the Secret-Rapture theories are a menace to the hope of Christ’s Coming.”

Pretribulationists believe that this difference in viewpoint is serious enough to affect “the nature of [their] hope in relation to the coming of Christ.” Others place confidence in a “partial rapture theory,” believing that those who are most loyal to Christ will be raptured first and the more worldly will be taken later.

Many evangelical groups herald an imminent rapture of faithful Christians. In view of differing opinions, however, a booklet published by Britain’s Elim Pentecostal Church says: “Whilst we subscribe to a broad outline of events related to the return of the Lord Jesus . . . , freedom is allowed in the interpreting of prophecy according to the conviction of the individual. Many accept a non-dogmatic position, patiently waiting for the events themselves to unfold the prophetic programme.”

God’s inspired Word, the Bible, is the standard by which we need to measure the truthfulness of all beliefs. (2 Timothy 1:13; 3:16, 17) Therefore, what does it say about the rapture

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

e asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A theif takes without warning, what is not his to take.

The Lord shall Take without warning, AS DOES a Thief.

The Difference IS;
1) Foreknowledge is Revealed.
2) What the Lord will TAKE is Foreknowledge Revealed.
3) The Lord Will Take that which Has already been Prepared and "Authorized" FOR Him to TAKE.
4) The Lords "TAKING" will be QUICK on an unknown Day, but NOT without foreknowledge and expectation and authorization.

Not Everyone has "authorized" the Lord TO claim and take them up to Him.

The Term "RAPTURE", is simply an English written word, to mean; the act of the Lord quickly taking up to Him, that which He has been "authorized TO TAKE/ CATCH UP unto Himself", on a day of His election.

Glory to God,
Taken
And no one of the world (the unsaved) shall see Christ, in the day of Jesus' return, to be glorified in his Saints? Really??
Do you know how many NT scriptures are against your invisible "side show"?
Here is just one of many: KJV- 2 Thes. 1[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, WHEN the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] WHEN he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed)
in that day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according your belief system, you have Jesus/God returning 2 times.
The NT scriptures are plain enough, that Jesus returns only ONCE.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is “the sudden disappearance of millions and millions of people without so much as a trace of where they went!” So said one Protestant evangelist. According to the Evangelical Dictionary of Theology, the term “rapture” refers to “the church being united with Christ at his second coming.” Many believe that the rapture must occur. Will it take place? If so, when.

The Bible shows that before the start of Christ’s promised Thousand Year Reign, there will be a period called the “great tribulation.” Said Jesus: “Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.” (Matthew 24:21;Revelation 20:6) Some place the rapture ahead of the great tribulation. Others expect it during that time. Still others think that the rapture will come after that unparalleled distress.

The posttribulation view was predominant until the early 19th century. Then, in England there developed a movement headed by a former Church of Ireland clergyman, John Nelson Darby. He and like-minded Anglicans became known as the Brethren. From his Plymouth base, Darby traveled to preach in Switzerland and elsewhere in Europe. He asserted that Christ’s return would occur in two stages. It would begin with a secret rapture, in which the “saints” would be caught away before a seven-year period of tribulation devastated the earth. Then Christ would appear visibly, accompanied by these “saints,” and together they would rule on earth for a thousand years.

Darby stressed the need to be separate from the world, and those sharing his views eventually became known as the Exclusive Brethren. B. W. Newton headed a different faction that believed in the rapture but not in a pretribulation one. Posttribulation advocate Alexander Reese maintained that “the Secret-Rapture theories are a menace to the hope of Christ’s Coming.”

Pretribulationists believe that this difference in viewpoint is serious enough to affect “the nature of [their] hope in relation to the coming of Christ.” Others place confidence in a “partial rapture theory,” believing that those who are most loyal to Christ will be raptured first and the more worldly will be taken later.

Many evangelical groups herald an imminent rapture of faithful Christians. In view of differing opinions, however, a booklet published by Britain’s Elim Pentecostal Church says: “Whilst we subscribe to a broad outline of events related to the return of the Lord Jesus . . . , freedom is allowed in the interpreting of prophecy according to the conviction of the individual. Many accept a non-dogmatic position, patiently waiting for the events themselves to unfold the prophetic programme.”

God’s inspired Word, the Bible, is the standard by which we need to measure the truthfulness of all beliefs. (2 Timothy 1:13; 3:16, 17) Therefore, what does it say about the rapture
Read the attached file.

Attachments

• rapture.pdf
    157.5 KB · Views: 0

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no one of the world (the unsaved) shall see Christ, in the day of Jesus' return, to be glorified in his Saints? Really??
Here is just one of many: KJV- 2 Thes. 1[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, WHEN the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
[10] WHEN he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed)
in that day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according your belief system, you have Jesus/God returning 2 times.
False

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in that day.

In the rapture he comes hidden in the clouds.

At the second coming everyone in the world sees him.

At the end of time at the close of the MK he as a thief again, takes his own and then destroys the heavens and the earth.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

Because people are denying the resurrection of the dead which the Bible has always taught and you're wanting people to deny that. Those scriptures you quoted are about the resurrection of the dead. The rapture has always been about people who are still alive on Earth and being snatched away to heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correct.

Ok, You are wrong.

Scriptures are Correct.
JESUS came to Earth.
JESUS shall RETURN to Earth ONCE.
I have not said otherwise.

Glory to God,
Taken