Something You Need to Think About!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, or at least to testify of yourself I guess huh
"IF" your right eye offends you, pluck it out and toss it
and wadr go manip someone else ok

"My right eye does NOT offend me."
Therefore, there is no REASON for me to pluck it out.

I spoke of "IF" that APPLIES.
Not an "IF" that does NOT APPLY.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"My right eye does NOT offend me."
Therefore, there is no REASON for me to pluck it out.

I spoke of "IF" that APPLIES.
Not an "IF" that does NOT APPLY.

Glory to God,
Taken
you could maybe use bold a little more, and we do have colors too you know
BoL(D?) is a good teacher for that I guess
ha, look what i did there lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'd like to suggest that wherever we Read "if" we immediately reject our first inclinations there, iow what we prefer to Read. Every single time, if we were raised in the west anyway. There are some further refinements tho, subtle diff in the way Christ uses "if" v the way it is used elsewhere, but these become apparent in the study of "if" I guess

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you could maybe use bold a little more, and we do have colors too you know
BoL(D?) is a good teacher for that I guess
ha, look what i did there lol

I could do alot of things with ease and convenience "IF" I were responding on a computer, However I participate on this forum from my phone, and accept the inconvenience of using a key pad about 1/5 the size of a key board to type, but not so willing to be inconvenienced to 'bold' type;

And on the flip side, it is obvious you have access to 26 choices of letters but choose to rewrite words into an incoherent word, that for the most part leaves one wondering what you are saying.

For as much as you have posted, I have no clue if your standing is you are converted in Christ or not.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I could do alot of things with ease and convenience "IF" I were responding on a computer, However I participate on this forum from my phone, and accept the inconvenience of using a key pad about 1/5 the size of a key board to type, but not so willing to be inconvenienced to 'bold' type;

And on the flip side, it is obvious you have access to 26 choices of letters but choose to rewrite words into an incoherent word, that for the most part leaves one wondering what you are saying.

For as much as you have posted, I have no clue if your standing is you are converted in Christ or not.
ah, me neither. Not for me to say I guess

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, me neither. Not for me to say I guess

That is a strange response. If you do not know "IF" you have submitted your life to the Lord to be Converted; Who would?

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, what People are being comforted?

Those Jews In Thessalonia who have Accepted Christ Jesus as their Lord, 2,000+ years ago.

And TO WHOM, shall thee Lord Jesus Take up TO Him in the Clouds (sanctified body, saved soul, quickened spirit)?

Those who Believe In God and Become Converted; Become forgiven, received a sanctified body, saved soul, quickened spirit.

From that time 2,000 + years ago, Jews moving forward to this day, have primarily Rejected Christ Jesus as their Messiah and Savior, (and continued in OT Law, whereby Jesus had not yet been revealed the Christ Messiah)
AND Gentiles have primarily Accepted Belief in God and thee Christ Lord Jesus as their Savior.

You appear to reject, Be it a Jew or Gentile, that has Become Converted, should NOT TRUST, what Scripture reveals Applies to them.

Why?

What is your point?
The expectation given Converted Jews in Thessalonia does not apply to Gentiles who also become Converted?

Why?

"Some rapture hope", is precisely what was revealed unto them. Don't be ignorant. Wrath is coming. God has NOT Appointed Wrath unto Converted men!

OT men who Believed in God, In Gods Word, but knew not of Gods Word being manifested in the flesh....Are saved. Their body died, remains in the grave, Their soul and spirit is in Heaven before Gods Throne.

There is a period of time revealed in Scripture whereby Jesus is revealed, His teaching being revealed, Men accepting, Men rejecting His teaching, and that continues to this day of Men hearing and accepting and rejecting.

Scripture teaches, ONCE a man HAS HEARD, that man has been enlightened to the TRUTH.
The mans acceptance or rejection, SHALL each have Consequences, which ALSO is revealed is what the Consequence Shall be (for either result...acceptance or rejection.)

And the FACT is, those who Have Become Converted, ARE NOT subject to Wrath of the Lamb "OR" to the Wrath of God that has been prepared for the end of days, WHEN the Divided "Unto" God and "Unto" the Lord become "Separated FROM", those that are NOT divided unto God, OR unto the Lord.

And the FACT is, "the Divided" are NOT YET all "divided", and NONE, "body, soul, spirit", are YET "separated" and in the Presense of thee Lord God.

Few, Prepared by and through Conversion will be Saved from ALL Wrath.
Some will be Become Prepared, and Saved "from portions" of the Lambs Wrath.
Many will be Subject to Gods Wrath.

It appears you do not consider, Individuals.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That is a strange response. If you do not know "IF" you have submitted your life to the Lord to be Converted; Who would?

Glory to God,
Taken
Well I guess first we would have to have some clarification on this "converted" thing,
surely you have some like maybe formula or something for this right
Strong's Greek: 1994. ἐπιστρέφω (epistrephó) -- to turn, to return
but also those "testifying of themselves," or even "commending themselves to each other"
should also be heard I guess. So to speak

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the apostle Paul said that Christians would be “caught up” to be with the Lord, what subject was being discussed?

1 Thess. 4:13-18, RS: “We would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep [“those who sleep in death,” NE; “those who have died,” TEV, JB], that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” (Evidently some members of the Christian congregation in Thessalonica had died. Paul encouraged the survivors to comfort one another with the resurrection hope. He reminded them that Jesus was resurrected after his death; so, too, at the coming of the Lord, those faithful Christians among them who had died would be raised to be with Christ.)

Who are the ones that will be ‘caught up in the clouds,’ as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:17?

Verse 15 explains that they are faithful ones “who are left until the coming of the Lord,” that is, they are still living at the time of Christ’s coming. Will they ever die? According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44, they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death state awaiting Christ’s return. They will instantly be “caught up,” “in the twinkling of an eye,” to be with the Lord.—1 Cor. 15:51, 52, RS; also Revelation 14:13.

Will Christ appear visibly on a cloud and then take away faithful Christians into the heavens while the world looks on?

Did Jesus say whether the world would see him again with their physical eyes?

John 14:19, RS: “Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more, but you [his faithful disciples] will see me; because I live, you will live also.” (Compare 1 Timothy 6:16.)

What is the meaning of the Lord’s ‘descending from heaven’?

Could the Lord “descend from heaven,” as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, without being visible to physical eyes? In the days of ancient Sodom and Gomorrah, Jehovah said that he was going to “go down to see” what the people were doing. (Gen. 18:21, RS) But when Jehovah made that inspection, no human saw him, although they did see the angelic representatives that he sent. (John 1:18) Similarly, without having to return in the flesh, Jesus could turn his attention to his faithful followers on earth to reward them.

In what sense, then, will humans “see” the Lord “coming in a cloud”?

Jesus foretold: “Then they will see the Son of man [Jesus Christ] coming in a cloud with power and great glory.” (Luke 21:27, RS) In no way does this statement or similar ones in other texts contradict what Jesus said as recorded at John 14:19. Consider: At Mount Sinai, what occurred when God ‘came to the people in a thick cloud,’ as stated at Exodus 19:9? (RS) God was invisibly present; the people of Israel saw visible evidence of his presence, but none of them actually saw God with their eyes. So, too, when Jesus said that he would come “in a cloud,” he must have meant that he would be invisible to human eyes but that humans would be aware of his presence. They (Jesus disciples not the world) would “see” him with their mental eyes, discerning the fact that he was present.

Is it possible for Christians to be taken to heaven with their physical bodies?

1 Cor. 15:50, RS: “I tell you this, brethren: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.”

Does the experience of the prophet Elijah contradict this? Not at all. It must be understood in the light of Jesus’ clear statement centuries later: “No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man.” (John 3:13, RS) Although Elijah was seen as he “went up by a whirlwind into heaven,” this does not mean that he went into the spirit realm. Why not? Because he is later reported as sending a letter of reproof to the king of Judah. (2 Ki. 2:11, RS; 2 Chron. 21:1, 12-15) Before humans invented airplanes, Jehovah there used his own means (a fiery chariot and a whirlwind) to lift Elijah off the ground into the heaven where the birds fly and to transport him to another place.—Compare Genesis 1:6-8,20.

Will faithful Christians perhaps be taken to heaven secretly, simply disappearing from the earth without dying?

Rom. 6:3-5, RS: “Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? . . . For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.” (What occurred in the case of Jesus set the pattern. His disciples as well as others knew he had died. He was not restored to heavenly life until after his death and resurrection.)

1 Cor. 15:35, 36, 44, RS: “Some one will ask, ‘How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?’ You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body.” (So death comes before one receives that spiritual body, does it not?)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Glory to God,
Taken
if you have a specific charge I am prepared to answer it however. It's just that this thing you are calling "converted" really has no meaning imo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you have a specific charge I am prepared to answer it however. It's just that this thing you are calling "converted" really has no meaning imo

Oh, perhaps this will help you.

Matt.13
  1. [15] For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Matt.18
  1. [3] And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye beconverted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mark.4
  1. [12] That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Luke.22
  1. [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
John.12
  1. [40] He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Acts.3
  1. [19] Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Acts.28
  1. [27] For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Jas.5
  1. [19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
  2. [20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I know what they mean by the term, I just note the diff in theirs and what you apparently mean, but ty for the help anyway ok, and have a nice day

What I mean specifically; is a Converted man, Believes, in God, In Christ Jesus and has heartfully confessed that Belief, and has Received From thee Lord God Changes, by the Power of God, that has MADE that man Acceptable To God, To be SEALED unto God Forever.

What do YOU MEAN by the Term Converted In Christ?

Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What I mean specifically; is a Converted man, Believes, in God, In Christ Jesus and has heartfully confessed that Belief, and has Received From thee Lord God Changes, by the Power of God, that has MADE that man Acceptable To God, To be SEALED unto God Forever.

What do YOU MEAN by the Term Converted In Christ?

Taken
sure, I get you. I mean many will cry 'Lord, Lord'

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, I get you. I mean many will cry 'Lord, Lord'

Point is; you are in disagreement with me, but fail to reveal your own perspective of what you believe, INSTEAD and WHY.

And Sure many will cry Lord, Lord, who did not Believe and Submit unto Him and become Converted.

We have a specific example of men in Scripture crying to the Lord...specific to them believing the effects of the Lord Power.

The Lord does not teach for a man to Believe in the Lords POWER, but rather to Believe IN the Lord.

So, back to the Point. Why will you not reveal what you believe IN opposition with my belief?

Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Point is; you are in disagreement with me, but fail to reveal your own perspective of what you believe, INSTEAD and WHY.

And Sure many will cry Lord, Lord, who did not Believe and Submit unto Him and become Converted.

We have a specific example of men in Scripture crying to the Lord...specific to them believing the effects of the Lord Power.

The Lord does not teach for a man to Believe in the Lords POWER, but rather to Believe IN the Lord.

So, back to the Point. Why will you not reveal what you believe IN opposition with my belief?

Taken
well for the same reason you avoid any Scriptural questions that make you uncomfortable, ok, I'm not trying to be coy or indecipherable

mostly bc what I believe is not really that important I guess, and you can believe what you like without judgement from me, and I would prefer to keep it that way. You are currently embarked upon a quest to attain immortality, and many believe as you do, Taken, despite the to me very plain vv in Scripture that suggest otherwise, and even the very plain history that demands otherwise, but leaving the camp and coming out of her my ppl is a hard thing to do, and I guess I am not qualified to even suggest how one might get from the many to the few, at least not to those who can Read the same things I can.

So you can search "Mithraism and Christianity" for more, or you could even answer a Q that would splain why I am opposed to your belief, if you like; does Eternal mean forever? Do you believe you might become immortal? Do you believe you might go up to heaven someday? Do you believe you might someday see Jesus or God with both of your eyes? How did you pluck your right eye out, or rather why have you avoided that Q thus far. Ah bc you believe it does not apply to you, right? Pick one, if you like. And you might take note of the one you pick, bc you can change your mind, any time you like. Bless you, and have a nice day

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Luke 9:55 Lexicon: But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of;

Taken
Now see if you believe in what is in that post above about tomorrow, and that is giving you pressed down, shaken together, and running over, Life, more abundantly, today, then who am I to say you are wrong? All I can tell you is the ppl I hang with, my nation, do not spend much time thinking about tomorrow, or the end of the world
if you dig a pit for others, you end up in it yourself

Bible Search: Rapture

Last edited: