Song in Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DiffractedMemory

May 9, 2008
I was in church today and there was a song that we worshiped to before the pastor came out and spoke to us about God's word. The song hit home, but I can't find it anywhere! I only know some of the lyrics, and probably not enough to be able to justify it and give an example that would lead to someone being able to help me on this.In the first stanza, there was something about "towers around me crumble" or fall or crash down or something along those lines.Then in the chorus, it repeats "hold me, hide me in your arms".Thats all I remember about the song (bah!). I would love it if someone could piece that together for me (good luck!) because I loved the song, but I just wish I could remember more of it, or knew even the song name or the artist! Thanks a lot for everyone who looks at this and tries to think about it!

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(DiffractedMemory;48913)
I was in church today and there was a song that we worshiped to before the pastor came out and spoke to us about God's word. The song hit home, but I can't find it anywhere! I only know some of the lyrics, and probably not enough to be able to justify it and give an example that would lead to someone being able to help me on this.In the first stanza, there was something about "towers around me crumble" or fall or crash down or something along those lines.Then in the chorus, it repeats "hold me, hide me in your arms".Thats all I remember about the song (bah!). I would love it if someone could piece that together for me (good luck!) because I loved the song, but I just wish I could remember more of it, or knew even the song name or the artist! Thanks a lot for everyone who looks at this and tries to think about it!
I glad it did you some good. Personally, I don't like "lovey, dovey" -- hold me in your arms, Jesus songs. I would rather sing about doctrine, and God's nature (you know You are Holy, Just, above all etc...)Maybe this is it?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOVLrUkno4&NR=1Example of stuff I like:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qxP5yEMk3k

DiffractedMemory

May 9, 2008
Nope, that wasn't it, but thanks for trying.. I'll have to run back to church and see if I can ask someone today or tomorrow.Usually, also, I don't go for the lovey-dovey songs either, but this one just hit close to home, as I really do feel like everything around me is falling down, in the worldly sense. I know I have to surrender to God and that He will get me through things if I trust in Him.I wasn't looking at the lovey-dovey part to it, but more a reminder of what is really important when the world truly is crashing down around you. I know I've put too much faith in worldly possessions and conveniences lately and expected to get something out of them, and I haven't. After being "saved" for a few years now, I am really dedicating my life to God, and I just liked the message of the song. Maybe if I figure out what it is, I'll post it here.Thanks for trying though!

Reactions: Nancy