sonship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me ask you . . . the 5 year old, who accepts Jesus, and then dies, 5 years old . . . who will they be in heaven?

That's a good question..

I have a son who the doctors said wouldnt live past 3.... After many prayers for his healing, i got a response...

'in ME Marc has already been made whole. His life is hidden within My Sacred Heart'

He is now 15 years old and laughs a lot, but in most ways remains much like an infant...

I rejoice in the miracle that I still have him in my arms every day,
and the response I received has made my burden light....

I dont know if that answers your question, but it works for me

Peace be with you,

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: soul man

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timothy- "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work."

2 Cor - "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."

These are good verses to put next to each other.

We hold power in earthen vessels, we want to be vessels for honorable use . . . I think that means here, in this lifetime.

Another question . . . my father in law.

He was raised by very abusive Morman parents, and became very angry and bitter against God throughout his lifetime. When he was 74, after 2 years of doctors saying, We don't know why he is still alive, since he has . . . Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Emphysema, Congestive Heart whatever that is, multiple strokes, I forget, there was more, oh, ongoing pneumonia, I don't remember. But my wife and I kept saying, Please God, don't let him leave this world without You!

He received Jesus, and 3 weeks later he was with Him.

Here's my question . . .

3 weeks a Christian. Over one of those weeks nearly completely non-responsive, just slightly. A squeeze of the hand when I asked him to forgive me for not having taken better care of him in years previous. That was a work performed in his faith. Not much, but there.

There couldn't have been much. He was almost entirely gone by then. Given that God knew all of that, and presuming that God would not require of him more that he could do, can we actually say that though we see little in his life, just the same, Jesus may say to him, Well done you good and faithful servant! You did everything I wanted you to do!

We can argue, he only came in at the last hour! But if it's God's pleasure to make those who labored only the last few minutes equal to those who bore the heat of the day, what shall I say against it? Don't be generous with what is Yours?

We can talk about, he wasted his whole life on himself! Or we could say, it took his whole life for the love of God to overcome the hatred and terror he was raised with.

We can argue that God knows those who belong closest, but I'd reply that Jesus died so we can all be close to Him.

Much love!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good question..

I have a son who the doctors said wouldnt live past 3.... After many prayers for his healing, i got a response...

'in ME Marc has already been made whole. His life is hidden within My Sacred Heart'

He is now 15 years old and laughs a lot, but in most ways remains much like an infant...

I rejoice in the miracle that I still have him in my arms every day,
and the response I received has made my burden light....

I dont know if that answers your question, but it works for me

Peace be with you,

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
My answer to my question is that I don't think the child is a child in heaven, I think they are the ideal person in perfect maturity that God originally envisioned before the corruption of sin changed us.

I think this is answered in your comment, In Me he is made whole. That sound right to me!

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me ask you . . . the 5 year old, who accepts Jesus, and then dies, 5 years old . . . who will they be in heaven?

Much love!

They will be maturing into that which God intended for them to be.

Someone had a vision once , true or not, no idea ( my husband would say :- True or not, no idea, but it makes good preaching :D)
.....they saw a kind of elevator in Heaven with teaching angels each carrying a child ...they were ministered to them and the children were matured...

I have never hidden the fact that I am a believer in the ultimate restoration of all things.
I believe that the Plan God set in motion before the creation of the world ( (i.e."The Lamb slain before the creation of the world" ) began in love, and the Plan will end in love...God is love and Love always wins.

Acts 3 21 “Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3 21 “Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.”
Let's just say I remain open to all that God may want to do. I know what else I read in Scripture. It seems conclusive. But there are verses like this. Something I need to dig into more.

Much love!