Soul Sleep

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul sleep true or false?

• Total voters

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for you answer,however I disagree ,as Christ said He would not have us do what He didn't .
Who were the stars and the sons of God that shouted for joy when He created this earth?

You can disagree all you want but Jesus himself said he was from heaven. That heaven is where he lived before coming to earth. The "stars" and the, "sons of God" are speaking of the same persons, "Angels." So you see, when Jesus says, we are from the earth, and he from heaven he is speaking the truth. Our originality, us humans, is earth Jesus originality is from heaven.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the dead person's perspective, the moment of death and the moment of resurrection would be instantaneous, because there is no sense of the passage of time when asleep.

Rip van Winkle slept for 100 years. But he wouldn't know it when he woke up because for him, he was previously awake an instant ago. So, when we die, and the coming of Jesus didn't come for another 500 years, we wouldn't know it because it seem like an instant to us. So soul sleep is a bit of a non-issue.

I have no problem with someone comparing someone with sleeping when they are dead. Jesus did that. The problem I have is people who try to say the scriptures are saying you dream when a person is dead. The scriptures don't say that. If you want to believe that a person is dreaming when they're dead make sure you say that's your opinion, because that's what it is. Also understand that others don't have to agree with you.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you saying God's foreknowledge ,I respect that,but I can't as I don't feel He knows ,who will be saved except for those who were already justified .Example below

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Most will take this verse and say,it's because He knows everything(please please)don't think I'm limiting God, but He actually knew him,just like your mom got to know you when you were born.Just when your best fried got to know you and Ya'll became best friends

I don't in any way believe that God foreknows every second of one's life. I believe he foreordains certain things with certain people but doesn't foreordain whether a person has eternal life or not. For instance God foreordain or stated that one of King David sons, Solomon would build a temple for the True God, but then Solomon. Started marrying foreign wives who worshipped false God's and even made idols of these false gods for his wives and then in his old age he started worshipping these false God's which is when God got fed up with him and said he Was going to split the nation because of Solomon's unfaithfulness. The True God didn't foreordain any of that. So I don't believe The True God foreordains or foreknows every thing in a person's life.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You can disagree all you want but Jesus himself said he was from heaven. That heaven is where he lived before coming to earth. The "stars" and the, "sons of God" are speaking of the same persons, "Angels." So you see, when Jesus says, we are from the earth, and he from heaven he is speaking the truth. Our originality, us humans, is earth Jesus originality is from heaven.

What is an Angel,is that not but a messenger .Now let me drift off for a second ,when scripture says the sons of God had sex with the daughters of man,who are they.Not changing the subject,just trying to make a point.

I see all created at the same time,meaning were not meant to be made flesh.And you can disagree me all you want as well

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is an Angel,is that not but a messenger .Now let me drift off for a second ,when scripture says the sons of God had sex with the daughters of man,who are they.Not changing the subject,just trying to make a point.

I see all created at the same time,meaning were not meant to be made flesh.And you can disagree me all you want as well

You can see all created at the same time, but the scriptures show that the Angels were created first, before humans I mean. Jesus said he was from heaven and we, us humans, are from the earth. The scriptures show that at times God sent Angels to his prophets with a messages. Yes the word Angel means messenger and sometimes these messengers can be human, but since they're human their originality is still the earth. God still have Angels in heaven. God meant to make Adam a flesh and blood being who is a breather of oxygen. You trying to say now that someone or something controls God and forced him to create humans as flesh and blood beings but it's not what God wanted to do?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You can see all created at the same time, but the scriptures show that the Angels were created first, before humans I mean. Jesus said he was from heaven and we, us humans, are from the earth. The scriptures show that at times God sent Angels to his prophets with a messages. Yes the word Angel means messenger and sometimes these messengers can be human, but since they're human their originality is still the earth. God still have Angels in heaven. God meant to make Adam a flesh and blood being who is a breather of oxygen. You trying to say now that someone or something controls God and forced him to create humans as flesh and blood beings but it's not what God wanted to do?

The flesh is from the earth,ie,dirt to which Christ took on .We don't have a soul ,we are a soul,the flesh houses the soul,in this age.
Nobody and I mean NOBODY controls God ,what I'm saying is,at the rebellion of satan,a 1/3 of all Gods children followed satan in that coup.At that time God could had destroyed satan,known as Lucifer at that time and all that followed him.Instead He came up with a plan to get His children(us)back to Him. Not saying that all of us followed him,those that took a stand are already justified,in other words they are saved already

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"

What does it mean to be chosen?

It means that there are certain people that God chose in the first earth age to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. Hebrews 9:27 tells us; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." This appointing and chosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; before the age when the souls were placed in the flesh, for we are living now in the second earth age or cosmos.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all those who will repent; the chosen and the free will. Every soul must repent for the sins that they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", "world" in the Greek is "cosmos", meaning world or earth age. "Foundation" in the Greek is the verb for "the overthrow". This again refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow by Satan, and the third of the angels followed him.

We in our flesh bodies don't remember that time.However it is written.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
So now back on topic ,question are you flesh or a soul?Flesh can't enter the kingdom correct,so why do you feel the flesh must rise?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curiosity,do you believe this to be Biblical?
No doctrine of men, also associated with other doctrines, practices, dogmas, and such,
is Biblical.

Instead of "soul sleep", which is just such an error of not just one doctrine, but of many associated with each other,

for clarity, look up "sleep". It is much more clear, and Biblical, by Jesus and His Word.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
No doctrine of men, also associated with other doctrines, practices, dogmas, and such,
is Biblical.

Instead of "soul sleep", which is just such an error of not just one doctrine, but of many associated with each other,

for clarity, look up "sleep". It is much more clear, and Biblical, by Jesus and His Word.

Sleep means death right?