Sound of Freedom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I went to a movie theatre with my wife this evening - the first time I’ve been out to see a movie in about five years - and watched Sound of Freedom.

I work as a volunteer advocate for dependent, neglected and abused children. I’ve seen and heard some hard things while serving my community in that capacity. I’ll tell you straight up that, even with that background, I found the movie difficult to sit through.

it’s important for people to be or become aware of human trafficking. Think it can’t or doesn’t happen where you live? Think again.

Please, consider watching this movie. Please.

If you can’t afford to purchase tickets, tickets are available at no cost through the generosity of others who have seen the movie and want to pay it forward.

“God’s children are not for sale.”

Amen.

Reactions: Freedm and Lambano

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s an important film.

If you haven’t listened to this interview by Jim Jordan with both Tim Ballard and Jim Cavaziel, it’s terrific. It really dives into the way their faith informed their ability to do the work, to confront this evil and to make this movie. It’s long, but well worth a listen if you have a long drive or free time.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I seldom but occasionally come across human trafficking in my work with dependent, neglected, abused and at risk children. In most cases I’m involved in, the offender(s) are family members rather than strangers. The bottom line is the same.

I want to shine a bright light on the dark practice of human trafficking. More people - Christians and non-Christians - talking about it and looking for it would help do that.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seldom but occasionally come across human trafficking in my work with dependent, neglected, abused and at risk children. In most cases I’m involved in, the offender(s) are family members rather than strangers. The bottom line is the same.

I want to shine a bright light on the dark practice of human trafficking. More people - Christians and non-Christians - talking about it and looking for it would help do that.

It took a couple of Mormons to shine that light and actually do something, in this case.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It took a couple of Mormons to shine that light and actually do something, in this case.
Not sure why you felt the need to point out that they are Mormons. What did you mean by that?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you felt the need to point out that they are Mormons. What did you mean by that?

What's wrong with pointing out that fact? Glenn Beck and Tim Ballard happen to be Mormon. If they happened to be Catholics (like Mel Gibson or Jim Cavaziel) one might point that out too, while discussing their films.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's wrong with pointing out that fact? Glenn Beck and Tim Ballard happen to be Mormon. If they happened to be Catholics (like Mel Gibson or Jim Cavaziel) one might point that out too, while discussing their films.
I just thought it was an odd thing to point out, so I thought maybe you meant something by it.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If some Satanists made a movie about the evils of child trafficking, would you give them your money and go see it? If not, why not?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an aside-- for those interested-- here's a documentary on Tim and Operation Underground Railroad that preceded The Sound of Freedom, which as discussed is "based on a true story."

Here is that true story that the movie is based upon...