Spiritual Armor Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 6:10-12

At the beginning of his letter to the Ephesians, Paul writes about God’s eternal plan to bring the entire universe back under His rule. But there is fierce opposition, for even after his comprehensive defeat at the cross (Colossians 2:15), the devil refuses to surrender. And so the world is a battleground, and the Church finds itself on the front line! Every new Christian becomes an outpost of God’s Kingdom in the middle of enemy territory, and is likely to come under attack.
Whether we like it or not, we’re engaged in a struggle for our very survival, a spiritual war being fought between angelic and demonic armies in the heavenly realms.

These spiritual forces are invisible to us, and unbelievers are completely oblivious to their existence. But the cosmic conflict finds its expression on earth in various forms. Demonic activity and the occult are just the tip of the iceberg; Satan is also the mastermind behind ideologies, false religions, and even hostile governments. Whenever the Church finds itself opposed and persecuted, we need to be aware that there is a deeper reality underlying what we can see. “Our struggle is not against flesh and blood.” (Ephesians 6:12) These human agents are not acting on their own initiative; they are being manipulated by the devil. Our response must be tailored accordingly.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With regard to our armor, I find the "shield of faith" to be of utmost significance.

"...above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one."
(Ephesians 6:16) NKJV

Among the most wonderful passages from the The Pilgrim's Progress (a delightful book), the protaganist Christian survived an attack from Apollyn ("an Enemy to this Prince", Greek for "destroyer") with his Shield and Sword, proclaiming Scripture in the climax of their battle to overcome the Enemy. However, shortly thereafter Christian is made to walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. This is a much more greivous experience, his senses made futile in the darkness that is the Valley, as he encounters hideous noises and a company of fiends that had no regard for his sword as did Apollyn. When the fiends were so near, he proclaims, "I will walk in the Strength of our Lord God". They came no further.

This conviction, knowing that God was with him in this dismal and dark state (even though unseen from a physical perspective) is what is necessary for us. This is the boldness that Paul deems so necessary for his speech. After all, the evil one preys on those who are unsure or wavering in their faith of the Lord.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."
(1 Peter 5:8-9) NKJV

That our "shield of faith" have no timidness or qualms to it. We know that the Lord is with us.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
(2 Corinthians 5:7) NKJV

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So grateful that the Lord is with us, because these spiritual forces are invisible.

Here is the next scripture today in meditating in the belt of Truth. I am enjoying reading the responses. I'll have more time Tuesday and Wednesday to really dig into this study deeper.

downloadfile-28.jpg

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoops, well it leads up to today's verse. :) Psalm 119:43

NASB_Psalm_119-43.jpg

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a Christian's greatest defense against the enemy's lies. We have to stand in faith.
Amen all the armor is there and most of it is a defensive/protection type of armor....but the Sword Is an offensive type....it slays the enemy. The Sword...the Word of God...kills the enemies spiritual army.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Mayflower,
I have to leave for a few hours but, will check this out this afternoon. Looks like we could ALL use to brush up on these scriptures knowing what is coming at us. Thanks for sharing :)
Yes indeed my dear sister . For what is coming , IS INDEED COMING . Let us always hold firm to the HOPE that we shall have
at the end of our faith . FOREVER WITH THE LORD . Indeed times shall only worsen and so much the more
as the coming of the LORD draws nigh . But we , whose hope is in the LORD , truly do have hope . For the end of our faith
IS to be with the GLORIOUS LORD who has saved us . march on my dear sister and friends . March on cause times
will only get much worse , much more deceptoin and even perseuctions .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The helmet of salvation....this is a very essential piece of armor.
When you put on the helmet of salvation you are putting on Christ..and protecting your mind with the mind of Christ Jesus. Whatever a man thinketh so is he...this helmet keeps the enemy from putting wrong thoughts in your head.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us be fully armoured up in the Lord . And be always praying for one another .
And always praising , thanking and rejoicing in the glorious Lord . Times will truly continue to worsen and at an accelerated rate .
The closer we get to the end the faster and faster things will move and increase unto only more and more ungodliness
and more hatred against the true lambs . But let not one soul fear what man can do to us . Remember
this .........IMMANUEL . And that means exactly what it says . GOD IS WITH US . LET THE KING BE PRAISED .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I have preached for years. Ephesians 6:10-18 was my signature profile at one time when my avatar was a warrior.
Daily the enemy seeks who he may destroy but we have the armor of God and it protects us and gives us the victory over the enemies attacks!
Thank You for this..
Much needed
HUGS

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The belt of truth

Ephesians 6:14

A Roman soldier’s belt (or girdle) was used to gather up his loose tunic, so that he could fight unhampered. Times (and uniforms) have changed, but not the basic function of a belt; it still holds your clothing together! But a modern soldier’s belt doesn’t just hold his trousers up; it’s what every other item of essential equipment (mess tin, water bottle, gas mask, ammunition, wash kit, etc) is attached to.

The Christian soldier also needs a ‘belt’: a firm understanding of Christian truth. To start with, we need to be clear what it is we’re fighting for! But the truth is also liberating. “If you hold to My teaching, you are really My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31,32) The Gospel has set us free from legalism; we do not have the burden of being required to earn our own salvation. And it has also set us free from superstition; we do not go around in fear of offending a capricious and unpredictable deity. We buckle on our belt when we come to know that our God is loving and faithful - and that He provides us with everything that we need.

But there’s another element to the belt of truth: personal integrity. The devil is a liar through and through (John 8:44), so those who are fighting against him must not use his strategy! Christians use testimonies of various kinds (conversion, healing, victory over sin, deliverance, etc) to encourage one another and to advertise our faith to outsiders. What we say should be untainted by exaggeration, fictionalisation and plagiarism. For we might then be caught with our trousers down…!

But the truth, when both believed and lived out, is liberating and empowering.

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed my dear sister . For what is coming , IS INDEED COMING . Let us always hold firm to the HOPE that we shall have
at the end of our faith . FOREVER WITH THE LORD . Indeed times shall only worsen and so much the more
as the coming of the LORD draws nigh . But we , whose hope is in the LORD , truly do have hope . For the end of our faith
IS to be with the GLORIOUS LORD who has saved us . march on my dear sister and friends . March on cause times
will only get much worse , much more deceptoin and even perseuctions .

Agreed my brother!
Evil in this world is so prevalent it's palpable! And just KNOWING of certain Christians who do not read their bibles, will fall for the deception as, Satan has honed his craft for a very long time..."even the very elect, if that were possible" Things will change very fast and it ain't gonna be pretty!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a peek at this my friends . And let us stay focused and centered on the glorious Lord and in our bibles .

I am reading all the comments and think a lot of good points have been brought up. I haven't had much time in response, but I will highlight what I can when I have time. I'm taking mental notes mainly y'all. This is some good discussion. I did get to watch this video tonight. I think it is really good. Spiritual discernment is needed the closer a lie gets to the truth.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The belt of truth

Ephesians 6:14

A Roman soldier’s belt (or girdle) was used to gather up his loose tunic, so that he could fight unhampered. Times (and uniforms) have changed, but not the basic function of a belt; it still holds your clothing together! But a modern soldier’s belt doesn’t just hold his trousers up; it’s what every other item of essential equipment (mess tin, water bottle, gas mask, ammunition, wash kit, etc) is attached to.

The Christian soldier also needs a ‘belt’: a firm understanding of Christian truth. To start with, we need to be clear what it is we’re fighting for! But the truth is also liberating. “If you hold to My teaching, you are really My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31,32) The Gospel has set us free from legalism; we do not have the burden of being required to earn our own salvation. And it has also set us free from superstition; we do not go around in fear of offending a capricious and unpredictable deity. We buckle on our belt when we come to know that our God is loving and faithful - and that He provides us with everything that we need.

But there’s another element to the belt of truth: personal integrity. The devil is a liar through and through (John 8:44), so those who are fighting against him must not use his strategy! Christians use testimonies of various kinds (conversion, healing, victory over sin, deliverance, etc) to encourage one another and to advertise our faith to outsiders. What we say should be untainted by exaggeration, fictionalisation and plagiarism. For we might then be caught with our trousers down…!

But the truth, when both believed and lived out, is liberating and empowering.

I really liked this how the belt of Truth holds all the essentials as well as hold the pants up. :) Truth is what we need in order to live. Something my hubby put on Facebook was we can live around 40 days without food, 3 days without water, and I think it was 10 minutes without air. But we cannot live a moment without God. We need Truth. Without truth we are spiritually dead targets of the enemy.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reading all the comments and think a lot of good points have been brought up. I haven't had much time in response, but I will highlight what I can when I have time. I'm taking mental notes mainly y'all. This is some good discussion. I did get to watch this video tonight. I think it is really good. Spiritual discernment is needed the closer a lie gets to the truth.
You are loved dear sister , as are all others . We must continue to double down on the things of the Lord .
Be praying for one another . be praying for laborers to be sent out amongst the harvest
and be praying for discernment from our Lord . Times are gonna shift sister and only worse it will get .
The deception is gonna mushroom sister . Then things are gonna get real bad for the lambs who did not conform to this mindset of this age .
OH but our hope is in the LORD . And as i love to often say , IMMANUEL , Means immanuel . THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS .
SO no matter what comes against us , WE HAVE THE LORD THROUGH IT ALL .