Spiritual/Earthly Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder what the symbology of the "Land/field of Israel" is suggesting to us?

Does it mean "land" in the sense of a possession for Israel, or the framework of understanding in coming into a relationship with God?

I wonder, will a focus on a physical possession of land undo us from having a relationship with God?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Enoch111, your post made to prove that it is ethnic Israel who inherits the holy Land, avoids the truth of the 2 Houses of Judah and Israel.
In your quote of Ezekiel 11, you started after verse 15, the verse that clearly show the two Houses. Judah, in Jerusalem; think the Land is theirs, just as they do today. But God makes it clear; it is to the whole House of Israel, the faithful Israelites of God, Galatians 6:14-16, that He will give the Land to.
Here is the truth of what will happen:
Romans 9:24-26 We [Christians] are God’s people, called out of Jew and Gentile.
You were not My people, now I call you My people and the unloved; beloved. In the same place, [in the holy Land] where Israel was told; you are no longer My people, you will be called; the Sons of the Living God.

This is obvious: the Jews HAVE possession of the Land. [a part of it] They remain in apostasy and rejection of Jesus. Many prophesies tell of their Judgement and that only a remnant will survive.
We Christians are the people that John sees praising God in Jerusalem. Revelation 7:9-14

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think everybody here sees that there are 2 Jerusalems at the present time...one in the natural world and one in the spiritual.

Far fewer see that the "land" of Israel is also of a dual nature. A true Israelite today walks in a spiritual land...in heavenly places. Our inheritance is to walk as Jesus walked....and for now to walk in the Spirit on holy ground.

Mt. Zion is another of the dual locations.

But one must see that the greater of these locations is in the eternal dimension...of the Spirit.

A carnal people see the temporal place as superior.
A spiritual people see the eternal places as superior.

The truth is in the eternal life and world. One day soon all that is temporal will burn in a fervent heat...and all that is left will be the eternal...inhabited by they who set their hearts and minds on eternal things.

2 Cor. 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Reactions: lforrest

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do see spiritual Israel being separated from earthly Israel upon rapture in Rev 12:5
Good morning Brother Heb 13:8.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Who are the spiritual of Israel that become the first fruits of Israel unto God?
Rev 14:1 . . a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand,
Rev 14:3 . . . which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 they are virgins . . redeemed from among men . . . the firstfruits (of Israel) unto God and to the Lamb.
First fruits of Israel? Rev 7:4 . . of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Speaking of Israel, and virgins remember those of Mat 25:1-2 . . five were wise, and five were foolish.
Just who are those wise of Israel caught up unto God out of His family?
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child (this is not Jesus), who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron.

The following is a study of the Man Child. I hope it helps.
http://www.gracegod.com/pamphlet_and_articles/pamphlets/The Man Child (Revelation 12).pdf

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That one verse is to tell you that there is a book of prophecy (Ezekiel) to confirm that God has an eternal plan and purpose for Israel on earth. And Ezekiel is backed up from Genesis to Revelation. So let's get rid of your fallacies right now (and hopefully you will believe God).

CHAPTER 11
16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

CHAPTER 20
34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD...
42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.

CHAPTER 36

8 But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come.
9 For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown:
10 And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do betterunto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
12 Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men...
22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Hello @Enoch111,

Thank you for being faithful to the Word of God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Enoch111

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what the symbology of the "Land/field of Israel" is suggesting to us?

Does it mean "land" in the sense of a possession for Israel, or the framework of understanding in coming into a relationship with God?
That's it!

Land of Israel is a heart filled with the (experiential) knowledge of God in which ‘the mind that sees God’* finds pleasure. Cities of this land are the virtues: humility, meekness, purity, charity and many others, which God gives (as a foretaste now, but permanent possession in the age to come) to those who make good use of the talents given them. These cities are built using Christ’s teachings as stones and our talents in exchange for necessary materials. Say one has riches as talents, by sharing them with the poor he or she builds the city of charity. These cities are not something abstract, but are qualities/energies of God. Through these we become partakers of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4). Jerusalem, the capital of this land represents the totality of virtue. It is built when we (with God’s help) have fully destroyed the seven deadly passions (or sins, or evil spirits) as if nations (Deuteronomy 7:1) that war against us. Jerusalem interpreted means ‘vision of peace.’ It is only when the mind enjoys peace that it can properly pray and worship God without distractions, hence the Old Testament injunction that only in Jerusalem God is to be worshipped. The same reason God didn’t allow David to build a temple for Him (he was constantly in war) and why Solomon, whose name means peace or peaceful, was the one to do it. Yes, a lot of the stories in the Old Testament though historically true, they were also types of spiritual realities.

More can be said about the rivers that flow through this land, the various trees, the pastures and the animals that the mind as shepherd tends and as priest offers sacrifice to God, but the above has to suffice for now… I have some other sheep… I mean matters, to attend to. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The question of who will inhabit the holy Land in the period before the Return of Jesus, is made clear by the following Bible passages;

Daniel 7:25 He [the Anti-Christ] will wear down the holy ones of God. He will change the feasts and the religious laws. The Lord’s holy people will be delivered into his power for 3½ years. Revelation 13:7

Daniel 11:21-22....a despicable man, not recognized as a king, will come unexpectedly and seize the kingdom by intrigue. He will sweep all opposition before him and will kill a leader of the covenant people. [The leader of the One World Govt will conquer Beulah, inhabited by every faithful Christian, and will kill one of their leaders.]

Daniel 11:29-35 At the appointed time, he will again invade the South, but ships of Kittim will oppose him. As he retreats, he will vent his fury against the covenant people. He will reward those who forsake their covenant with God. Troops in his command will stop the regular offering and set up ‘the abomination that causes desolation’. With flattery, he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who are faithful to their God, will be resolute and take action.

Wise leaders of the nation will guide the people, though for a time, they will be taken captive and killed. Some help will come, albeit; not entirely sincere. Those leaders may become victims, so that they may be refined and purified, ready for the end of the age. Daniel 12:3 The wise leaders, who have guided the people in the true path, will shine like stars, forever.

The Anti Christ invades some unidentified nations in Southern regions, but ships of Kittim [Cyprus – in the Mediterranean, but this is a metaphor for the Western nations] will stop him. He will then occupy the Holy Land, taking control and causing many of God’s people to obey him. Those who hold firm to their Covenant with God will be persecuted and some killed. This is in order to refine and purify them, ready for the Return of Jesus. Those Christians who have kept faithful to God will be taken to a place of safety on earth. Revelation 12:14

Zechariah 14:1-2 A Day is coming for the Lord to act and the plunder taken from you will be shared out while you stand by. I shall gather all the nations to make war on Jerusalem, the city will be taken, the houses ransacked and the women raped. Half of the people will go into exile, but the rest will remain there. Daniel 9:27

Verses 1 & 2 must refer to the midpoint of the 70th week. [7 year period] That commences the Great Tribulation, 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls. Then: from verse 3, the description is of the Return of Jesus.

Revelation 13:5-10 The Beast, [Anti-Christ] was given permission to continue for 42 months. [3½ years] He blasphemed against God and waged war on God’s people and defeated them, he was given authority over the whole earth. You have ears, so hear!
Those who are destined for prison, will be imprisoned, those to be killed will be killed. This calls for the endurance and faithfulness of God’s people.

Revelation 12:13-14 The dragon [Satan: the Beast] is thrown down to earth. He pursues the Woman, [Israelites, Overcomers; the followers of Jesus] who gave birth to the male child. [Jesus] But she is given the wings of the mighty eagle, so that she could fly to a place in the wilderness, where she is looked after for 3½ years.
Ref. REB, NIV. Verses abridged.

In Zechariah 14:2 it says that half of the population will go into exile, this obviously is the Woman: faithful Christian Israelites, referred to in Revelation 12:6-17, where they will be kept safe until the Return.

Then, in Matthew 24:31 – they will be gathered back into the Land, along with those Gentiles who have refused the mark of the Beast, to live with Christ for 1000 years.

The other half of the population who remain in the Land, will suffer under the yoke of the Anti-Christ. They are the Lord’s Christian people, who have to face testing and refinement. Daniel 11:32-33, Revelation 14:12, 2 Esdras 13:47-50, Revelation 7:14....they have passed through the great ordeal.... It is these people who will say to Jesus: “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord”.

So, who are those living in the Land of Israel before and during the Tribulation?

They are the Lord’s people, all the true believers plus the Christian descendants of Jacob, gathered, in order to fulfil God’s promises to the Patriarchs, to be His witnesses and to provide a ‘light to the nations’.

It is quite evident, from Bible study, that the next prophesied event will cause a dramatic clearance of peoples from all the Middle East area. Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, This will enable His people to emigrate there, all faithful Christians, from every nation and language, and to live there in peace and prosperity. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 35:1-10
They will rebuild the Temple and reinstitute the Law and the ordinances. Zechariah 6:15, Ezekiel 43:1-12, Isaiah 56:1-8

All the rest of the world will be under a One World Government, initially ruled by 10 leaders, but soon to be taken over by another strong leader. He will rule until the Return of Jesus, when he will be chained up for the 1000 years.
Ref; logostelos.info

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Good morning Brother Heb 13:8.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Who are the spiritual of Israel that become the first fruits of Israel unto God?
Rev 14:1 . . a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty and four thousand,
Rev 14:3 . . . which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 they are virgins . . redeemed from among men . . . the firstfruits (of Israel) unto God and to the Lamb.
First fruits of Israel? Rev 7:4 . . of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Speaking of Israel, and virgins remember those of Mat 25:1-2 . . five were wise, and five were foolish.
Just who are those wise of Israel caught up unto God out of His family?
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child (this is not Jesus), who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron.

The following is a study of the Man Child. I hope it helps.
http://www.gracegod.com/pamphlet_and_articles/pamphlets/The Man Child (Revelation 12).pdf

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

1. The woman - Earthly Israel
2. The child - Spiritual Israel (the body of Christ)
3. The red dragon - Antichrist system (Rev 13-17)

Rom 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

1Co 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

1Co 15:23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

2Th 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.