Spiritual warfare: Identifying the evil one

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which one would you go to first? There is a place which I can guarantee is presently the best place where you would see Satan over the next few years. The Book of Revelations confirms this fact.
I tried to edit that. Christian churches and forums. Why would satan bother to hang around anywhere else?

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At Harvard Divinity School a doctoral student (now a UNC professor) told me about a minister he knew who ministered the gift of healing with "the word of knowledge." One night, he was abruptly awakened by a vision of a beautiful serpent hovering over him. The serpent asked if he could come into the minister. When the minister refused, he felt a surprisingly powerful urge to let the serpent in. Fortunately, with great difficulty, he was able to resist. Shortly thereafter, when he prayed for the sick, he found that he had lost his "word of knowledge" (clairvoyance)! Though he loved and served the Lord, that so-called spiritual gift that seemed so edifying was apparently from a demonic source!
Ahaa that doesn’t surprise me. “Even the elect can be deceived”. That’s why we need to test every spirit, to see if it is from The Lord...but, of course, false mimics truth.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians we can identify God. I sense the Holy Spirit, i can see God through his manifestations like the night sky, nature or a new born baby.

But i notice that many Christians (maybe most) cannot identify Satan, his will or his manifestations. Some Christians, like my parents, choose to ignore Satan in the hope that he won't interfere. I think some don't really think that Satan exists. While others think they don't have to worry about him.

Well... Not even Jesus was immune from the temptations of the devil. So to be claiming your free from evil temptation is to claim that u are better than Christ, higher than Christ. Its a claim that blows my mind.

Spiritual warfare is real. Paul talks about it, he knows... There is a Spiritual war in our minds for control of the flesh. There is a Spiritual war in the world, in society. And there is also a Spiritual war in the heavens.

Our Spiritual war is in our minds, for our flesh. The Holy Spirit speaks to us in our consciousness and so does Satan. But many can't identify the evil one and choose to ignore him it seems.

There are some people who can't identify the evil one in society either. All they see is God. Again they ignore Satan and assume that God is the only one at play. Wrong. Satan is the prince of this world, he is always working...

Many people imagine Satan as that red guy with the horns in the fire and expect him to appear something like that... That's not how he shows up. His innocuous, he can appear as an angel of light, he always appears innocent and pure.

In my mind im always on watch, looking for the evil one sneaking up... When he sees that ive spotted him he retreats out of sight to reload. I see him everywhere in society as well... And thats what i want. I want to be able to see God and see the evil one...

Can u identify the evil one?
If not then there is a very good chance you are being deceived by Satan.

You know God and Satan by their works, God can do no evil and only does good, while Satan does no good and only does evil. HTH.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As Christians we can identify God. I sense the Holy Spirit, i can see God through his manifestations like the night sky, nature or a new born baby.

But i notice that many Christians (maybe most) cannot identify Satan, his will or his manifestations. Some Christians, like my parents, choose to ignore Satan in the hope that he won't interfere. I think some don't really think that Satan exists. While others think they don't have to worry about him.

Well... Not even Jesus was immune from the temptations of the devil. So to be claiming your free from evil temptation is to claim that u are better than Christ, higher than Christ. Its a claim that blows my mind.

Spiritual warfare is real. Paul talks about it, he knows... There is a Spiritual war in our minds for control of the flesh. There is a Spiritual war in the world, in society. And there is also a Spiritual war in the heavens.

Our Spiritual war is in our minds, for our flesh. The Holy Spirit speaks to us in our consciousness and so does Satan. But many can't identify the evil one and choose to ignore him it seems.

There are some people who can't identify the evil one in society either. All they see is God. Again they ignore Satan and assume that God is the only one at play. Wrong. Satan is the prince of this world, he is always working...

Many people imagine Satan as that red guy with the horns in the fire and expect him to appear something like that... That's not how he shows up. His innocuous, he can appear as an angel of light, he always appears innocent and pure.

In my mind im always on watch, looking for the evil one sneaking up... When he sees that ive spotted him he retreats out of sight to reload. I see him everywhere in society as well... And thats what i want. I want to be able to see God and see the evil one...

Can u identify the evil one?
If not then there is a very good chance you are being deceived by Satan.

If anyone needed evidence of Satan at work in society they only have to look at how the homosexual movement has control over society and government and in many cases, churches.

Reactions: Pearl