Staying in Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I have found that the Church that I go to believes and teaches things I can't find in the Bible. For the most part anything the Church teaches I can go home and read about it in the Bible. I really like this Church and I don't want to have the attitude that I am better than they are just because I want to follow the bible more strictly. Any advice?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Well if the church that he go to, doesn't teach what is in the bible...I would suggest try helping them, but if they chose to not believes what God says, then leave. You don't want to be in a church with such confusuions.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(For Life;16807)
I have found that the Church that I go to believes and teaches things I can't find in the Bible. For the most part anything the Church teaches I can go home and read about it in the Bible. I really like this Church and I don't want to have the attitude that I am better than they are just because I want to follow the bible more strictly. Any advice?
It depends on what they are teaching, is it against The word? Is it just one thing or many. These are things you must ask yourself as far as attitude it has nothing to do with being better than anyone. following Gods word is Gods command you are obeying would he told you not acting better than anyone else.

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
Rubbish, if they do not teach what is in the Word or teach about things outside of you you must leave and you must leave the "church" now.

tim bennett

Aug 22, 2007
the bible is simple, it was not written to confuse. the church i attend (3 times in the last year and a half, twice in the last 3 weeks) follows the word of the jesus. if the church you have been attending does not teach sound biblical doctrine=find another one. i hope you are not on a witch hunt for " MAN'S DOCTRINE". it is really easy=if they do not teach what is in the white , black and red=go to another church! paul thought it important for us to go to church. look at HOW many times he mentioned it=how can we really be a church without assembling. and if you go to a whacked out church=like someone posted =point the scripture out to them and you may lead them to the truth=JESUS=HE MAY BE TRYING TO SAVE THEM THROUGH YOU?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats unfornataley a difficult call to make these days. If everyone left every chuch that taught pre-trib rapture No one would have any fellowship at all. If they are biblical except this one teaching or some other minor thing you knowing it is not taught in Gods word. Its O.K to fellowship there. Just know Gods truth on it.And try to correct a wrong teaching. On the other hand if they are teaching many things against the word then you must leave.

tim bennett

Aug 22, 2007
I DO NOT WORRY ABOUT the rapture or the end of the world, that stuff can make one go cuckoo for coco puffs. if i know that jesus died for my sins(i do), that he was resurrected and rose from the dead. that he came into the world as a bond servant=could have been free but jesus chose to be a slave. and if i put my wordly ways away and follow what he told me to do=i have not a thing to worry about. Jesus paid the price at calvary=i can just reap the benefits.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(For Life;16807)
Care to say what the church is ?Do they have a website?What specifically do they teach that the bible doesn't specifically mention?

E Nomine

Aug 18, 2007
It's not the Westborow Baptists Church is it?
wink.gif

Garry T

Jul 27, 2007
TallMan is right on. None of us should be making recomendations without specific information, their website would be great. If no website, what is their statement of faith?

jazzdrive3

Aug 27, 2007
No church is going to be perfect. You'll go mad trying to find one that is.The whole reason Paul wrote his letters was because the churches were not perfect and had some severe problems. One even denied that there was such a thing as resurrection(the Corinthians)!Patience and love are the key things to keep in mind here.

penguin

Sep 19, 2007
i think you have hit the nail on the head. love is the key. :grouphug: See 2 Peter 1 v3-11. The whole journey we go on with Jesus, is that we might grow more in love, with him, our Father and the Spirit of God. The outpouring fruit which comes from the journey enables us to v7, 'have genuine love for everyone'. (New Living) There will always be differences in view points churches have, that is until Jesus returns in His perfect timing. Again though, this is known to God, and i increasingly feel this mirrors the passage about part of the body. God is so much bigger than our mindset tends to grasp, and i feel each has a part to play, and God is the director. It is not our place to judge and separate, but to love and look to God in all things. As has been said, you never find the perfect church, but one point i do have and that is: what is God saying to you? , What is God asking of you? You can ask folk on here and such like, but clearly it is Gods will to place you in a fellowship, that you might be firmly rooted in good soil and grow, to be used by him, to love and be loved. the outpouring of this will be seen by others, as you grow in Him. Wow, what an opportunity! exciting!!! He has a plan for your life, and clearly it would be an idea to ask Him if it is His will for you to be there. It is easy to "shop" for a church and make a lovely list, but God knows best at the end of the day. is it really our decission what part of the body we are a part of??? Can we make that decission exclusive of the Spirits guidance and Gods will??? I don't think so. :naughty:Also, i recall being told to plant financial seed where it is going to be watered and used for the glory of God. you have a responsibility to do this in the place and into the work that God wants you to be a part of. If you are not growing or being fed in a place should you be sewing seed there? It is about meeting with God and His people, and standing in the assurance that you are in the right place. i kind of want to go on and say about love and the affects of disputes between church family members and splitting of churches and people leaveing churches as a result of human disputes rather than God moving them on, but i'll stop there!!!I may be wrong, but this is where i am currently at in my understanding and walk with God in this area.Gods blessing one and all.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
It is not my intention to single out the Church. I didn't even really want to say the denomination in case of prejudice.They believe in communion of saints and I can't find it in the bible. I don't know if it is like the Catholics where they "pray" to different saints for different things like Saint Anthony to help you find stuff. If I can't find it in the bible it makes me a little skeptical. Where did it come from? Also just because I can't find it in the Bible doesn't mean it is not there, maybe someone else does know where it is at.I have pretty much come to the same conclusion as a few others; No Church is going to be perfect, growing in God and learning the Bible being the important things. I guess you could nit pick anything you wanted to. I don't want to do that.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
my advice is pray to God for understanding...if you're familiar with the bible then make sure that every word that comes out of the pastor and preacher's mouth is biblicalbecause in the day that you accept things without the conviction (checking the bible, or having God spirit there to lead you, then you may end up walking away from God without realizing it.All Im saying is follow God, not your own oppinion.

penguin

Sep 19, 2007
(For Life;18661)
It is not my intention to single out the Church. I didn't even really want to say the denomination in case of prejudice.
respect!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We all must get it through our heads that church denominations are of men not God God is not baptist or methodist,or any other denomination. All denominationsare men interrupting Gods word in one way or another. And most are based on certain principals they have deemed most important. For some that might be the Day of the week you should worship, for others Baptism, all these things are what men have decided not God. Gods Word describes a church as when two or more individuals gather together in my name. It says nothing about a building it says nothing about a certain Day, or any certain ritual which should be followed. These are all of men.What is the first thing we learn about men? None are perfect we all fall short this includes men who run/operate churches of all denominationsWhat is the lesson here ? stop following men and start following God.Does this mean dont attend church? Of course not but have enough common sense to know the church leaders are just men doing what they feel is best, or what they are toldIs that the right thing or whats best for you is each individual's own decision.We are told to learn to discern. What does that mean. It means you are supposed to study and learn what Gods Word says when you do this You will be able to discern if what you are being taught by any man or church denomination is right with the Gods Word. Any person that just blindly follows what any man says because he runs a church is a fool. And will suffer a fools folly. If your church leader is a good one he will be most interested in learning from and teaching from Gods Word rather than following a tradition of men just because its always been that way. If you find a mistake or learn a truth your church isnt teaching. Take it to your pastor he will either help you see what you are missing or be willing to learn from what you have showed him. If he just brushes you away and doesn't care what the Word actually says YOU SHOULD LEAVE