Steps toward salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one become a Christian heading toward the goal of salvation? Here is the process:
First, an individual will hear about God, then decides to pursue it further. They will become a student and progressively comes to know and love Jehovah and put faith in Him. (John 3:16; 17:3)

The student then forms a relationship with Jehovah and begins to bond with the congregation. (Heb. 10:24, 25; Jas. 4:8)

Eventually, the student rejects bad practices and repents of his sins. (Acts 3:19)

Meanwhile, his faith impels him to share the truth with others. (2 Cor. 4:13)

Then he dedicates himself to Jehovah and symbolizes his dedication by getting baptized. (1 Pet. 3:21; 4:2)

Then he will continue to grow until maturity serving Jehovah eternally.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does one become a Christian heading toward the goal of salvation? Here is the process:
First, an individual will hear about God, then decides to pursue it further. They will become a student and progressively comes to know and love Jehovah and put faith in Him. (John 3:16; 17:3)

The student then forms a relationship with Jehovah and begins to bond with the congregation. (Heb. 10:24, 25; Jas. 4:8)

Eventually, the student rejects bad practices and repents of his sins. (Acts 3:19)

Then he dedicates himself to Jehovah and symbolizes his dedication by getting baptized. (1 Pet. 3:21; 4:2)

We carry our own cross (if we are to follow Christ) until we reach the place of crucifixion...then the cross of Christ carries us as dead to this world.

Believers in Christ should not be speaking about salvation so much...but rather glory and pleasing God. We should move beyond the first steps and go for the things that bring wisdom and maturity.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We carry our own cross (if we are to follow Christ) until we reach the place of crucifixion...then the cross of Christ carries us as dead to this world.

Believers in Christ should not be speaking about salvation so much...but rather glory and pleasing God. We should move beyond the first steps and go for the things that bring wisdom and maturity.

Agree 100% Kopo! Good reply, but of course salvation is a topic of the Bible, and it even encourages us to pursue the prize Php 3:14

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my case, the Lord "introduced" himself to me. That's where it began. I already knew of God's existence, but I didn't give it much thought.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my case, the Lord "introduced" himself to me. That's where it began. I already knew of God's existence, but I didn't give it much thought.

So at that point you were basically at step 2 Bob, you personally chose at that moment to pursue it further, perhaps even making a vow to do so at that time.

Reactions: Bob Estey

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Steps toward salvation
Luther nearly bought that one in Rome!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To become a child of God, you must choose to receive Jesus, (John 1:12),by asking Him into your heart (Revelation 3:20), where He then dwells (Ephesians 3:17and Colossians 1:27), plus you must choose to repent and ask Him to forgive your sins so they are forgiven (Acts 3:19 and Acts 20:21), and call upon His name to be saved Romans 10:13.

Prayer for salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. In your name, amen.

There’s a difference between being saved, sand then walking after the spirit of God which indwells those who’ve been born saved, instead of after the sins of the flesh.

Christians are expected to walk out their faith, and live it, after salvation, but are saved and regenerated by faith and repentance, per the above.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steps toward salvation
Luther nearly bought that one in Rome!

Luther was definitely an outstanding individual for sure sir. He brought home some Bible truths to many even during the foretold time of apostasy. 2 Thes 2:3 Although few in number during the years of the apostasy, God never leaves Himself without witness.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To become a child of God, you must choose to receive Jesus, (John 1:12),by asking Him into your heart (Revelation 3:20), where He then dwells (Ephesians 3:17and Colossians 1:27), plus you must choose to repent and ask Him to forgive your sins so they are forgiven (Acts 3:19 and Acts 20:21), and call upon His name to be saved Romans 10:13.

Prayer for salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creation. In your name, amen.

There’s a difference between being saved, sand then walking after the spirit of God which indwells those who’ve been born saved, instead of after the sins of the flesh.

Christians are expected to walk out their faith, and live it, after salvation, but are saved and regenerated by faith and repentance, per the above.

Best pray to the one Jesus instructed us to pray to Curt, or your prayers might not be heard sir. I think if you think about the process, you will find my account accurate. Salvation is yet a long time off, like Adam we have to be tested when satan is released back onto the earth from the abyss.