STOP! at Genesis 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point is Man was FORMED "BEFORE" the Grass, BEFORE the Herbs, and BEFORE the Trees. I said nothing about any hills, listen,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

before it RAINED, a mist went up, but man was Formed before the RAIN. BEFORE any plants was even in the earth. that's my POINT. see it now?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
It specifies herb OF THE FIELD before it was in the earth. Plant OF THE FIELD before it grew. You're missing part of the detail. And mind you, I'm an accountant.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point is Man was FORMED "BEFORE" the Grass, BEFORE the Herbs, and BEFORE the Trees. I said nothing about any hills, listen,

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

before it RAINED, a mist went up, but man was Formed before the RAIN. BEFORE any plants was even in the earth. that's my POINT. see it now?

PICJAG
don't forget the rivers and the wells. sometimes those run deep. and if there are marshy areas, the heat from the day can cause steam.
If I said what I wanted to say, we would all be blushing..
just saying

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a son is a son, just as a daughter is a daughter. even today is a man or woman have a child outside their marriage, is not the child their son or daughter?

PICJAG
ask Ishmael, ask Paul..
I would think so

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bartholomew, thanks for the reply, second, I'm glad you said that you're an accountiant. now lets add this up. just as the animals came before Eve, but after Adam. scripture, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof." STOP, lets add this up, if God saw that the man was alone, then formed the animals, who was here first? please add that up.

now, lets continue,
Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him." (NO HELP MEET).... correct, not in any animal.)

Genesis 2:21 "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man."

here the woman came after the animals. but Adam was here BEFORE the animals. for God formed them out of the Ground and brought them to ADAM. so ADAM was here before the Aminals.

see, this is why chapter is where it is. to give understanding of Chapter 1.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ask Ishmael, ask Paul..
I would think so
we did, see a relationship is never broken, but the enjoyment of that relationship can be broken, which we call FELLOWSHIP, and that's what happen in each of your cases that you presented. as with all of mankind, in caused broken FELLOWSHIP, but not broken relationship. because Ishmael was BLESSED, was he not, and do God bless "SIN?"

so the relationship never changes, as with us in Christ Jesus.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Angel of the Lord met Hagar in the wilderness. She didn't want to see the child die.
The Angel said, God has heard the child from where he is.

God said to Cain, where is your brother?
I dunno..
Gen 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Gen 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

And then the Angel told Hagar to put herself under submission to her mistress.
and she obeyed the word of the Lord.

who threw who out of the garden?

just saying..
Hugs

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof." STOP, lets add this up, if God saw that the man was alone, then formed the animals, who was here first?
First, there's no article indicating time. It doesn't say "THEN out of the ground God made." It says "AND out of the ground." Ch 1 tells you the sequence in time. Second, think about this. Suppose next month God has in mind for you to meet a particular wild rabbit. It's already here though somewhere on earth. Get it? He made the flora on day 3. Creatures day 6. Then Adam on day 6. He introduced them one at a time over time.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so which one was the one under bondage and which one was free?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, there's no article indicating time. It doesn't say "THEN out of the ground God made." It says "AND out of the ground." Ch 1 tells you the sequence in time. Second, think about this. Suppose next month God has in mind for you to meet a particular wild rabbit. It's already here though somewhere on earth. Get it? He made the flora on day 3. Creatures day 6. Then Adam on day 6. He introduced them one at a time over time.
thanks for the reply, error, the time is in the word, "BEFORE", and the time is duduce in chapter 1 in when the Grass the plants and herbs came, which was day three... see how simple that was. Just only READ with the Teacher... the Holy Spirit, God himself.

PICJAG

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, error, the time is in the word, "BEFORE", and the time is duduce in chapter 1 in when the Grass the plants and herbs came, which was day three... see how simple that was. Just only READ with the Teacher... the Holy Spirit, God himself.

PICJAG
All you're seeing is "every plant before it was in the earth." That's not what it says. It specifies, "Every plant OF THE FIELD (he's only talking about plants in the field) before it was in the earth. There weren't plants in the fields but there were plants everywhere else. Get it?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Sa 7:10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you're seeing is "every plant before it was in the earth." That's not what it says. It specifies, "Every plant OF THE FIELD (he's only talking about plants in the field) before it was in the earth. There weren't plants in the fields but there were plants everywhere else. Get it?
Again thanks, but ERROR, listen, Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."

a tree is a plant? In botany, a tree is a perennial plant with an elongated stem, or trunk, supporting branches and leaves in most species.
is grass a plant? Grass is a monocotyledon plant, herbaceous plants with narrow leaves growing from the base.
is a herb a plant? Herbs are leaves, and although most come from herbaceous plants (plants that lack woody stems), a few do come from woody plants, such as bay leaf. Basil, rosemary, and parsley are often found in a kitchen's spice rack but actually qualify as herbs because they are aromatic leaves.

well that covers "EVERY" plant in Genesis chapter #1.

PICJAG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jer 2:21 Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto me?
:eek:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Sa 7:10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
this is true by FAITH. Abraham was told to walk the land that was given him, and do we not do the same wherevere we are at?. for if Christ Jesus is in us then when we walk and stand or where-ever we walk or stand is Holy Land/Ground.

God told Moses to take off his shoes where he stood on the mountian, for it was Holy. is not the EARTH and all there in is the Lord's, Psalms 24:1 "A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein."

so where ever I place my feet, it is Holy because of who is in me. I don't have to go to Israel to be in the Holy Land.

PICJAG

Reactions: Ziggy

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again thanks, but ERROR, listen, Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."

a tree is a plant? In botany, a tree is a perennial plant with an elongated stem, or trunk, supporting branches and leaves in most species.
is grass a plant? Grass is a monocotyledon plant, herbaceous plants with narrow leaves growing from the base.
is a herb a plant? Herbs are leaves, and although most come from herbaceous plants (plants that lack woody stems), a few do come from woody plants, such as bay leaf. Basil, rosemary, and parsley are often found in a kitchen's spice rack but actually qualify as herbs because they are aromatic leaves.

well that covers "EVERY" plant in Genesis chapter #1.

PICJAG

You're a poor listener (sic). Whether a tree, a blade of grass, or other herb, he's specifying they are nowhere to be seen IN THE FIELD. He doesn't exclude them from where there's contoured gradients that wouldn't be considered fields. This is silly. I quit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a poor listener (sic). Whether a tree, a blade of grass, or other herb, he's specifying they are nowhere to be seen IN THE FIELD. He doesn't exclude them from where there's contoured gradients that wouldn't be considered fields. This is silly. I quit.
no problem, but thanks for the discussion

be blessed.

PICJAG

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Gen 1 through 2:3 is the first logical break of Scripture. Notice God as creator is always referred to simply as "God." This feature is not common in Scripture.

Next (Gen 2:4) is a brief poetic block of another significance. Notice "heavens and earth," then "earth and heavens." And from this block forward he's referred to as "LORD God."

Some folks here may not realize the difference being of enormous significance in Scripture between "Lord" and LORD in all caps, the latter being more common. When most translations render the text as the name LORD in all caps it signifies the name YHWH (Yahweh: or in anglo-saxon, Jehovah). The first time human beings began calling on that name is noted at the very end of Ch 4 (that's the historical record although Scripture itself refers to him by that name as early as the second chapter).

Going back to chapter one, first it's upsetting that few people ever hallow when the Scripture says, "behold." Whenever I get a chance to preach, I always call out, "when the Scripture says, 'behold,' you behold!"

So God begins to bless them in vv. 27-28, then in v. 29 he says, "Behold, I have given you every plant bearing seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." Stop there...

He tells you to have dominion over his creatures and over the earth. Then he tells you how. If you fail to use the singular thing he gave you, the seed, and you say you can see, sorry friend. You have a rude awakening.

127190551_10208594550217459_2349588723830298977_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Addressing the OP. good topic by the way.

I want say a break in the scriptures but a continuation of what he A. CREATED, and what he B. MADE. for the transition is from CREATOR, to MAKER.

but Genesis 2:4 to verse 25 is a detail description of chapter 1. other words a fill in the blank, as to what was not mention in chapter one, now detailed. we get a clearer or full detail about what was the sequences in A. what was CREATED, vs What was MADE.

PICJAG

Amen
It is good to agree for a change. Thanks, well worded, TRUE, post!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm curious what day it was the God was walking in the garden.

Surely it couldn't have been the seventh because he was resting.
And if you look at Jesus example, He healed on the sabbath, he didn't curse.
And Jesus said He does what he see His Father do.

So I wonder who the "we" are in the garden?
And who was listening to who
and who was doing the cursing..

First of all: One's idea of what God's 'rest' was --- Don't make your idea the measuring stick of things whether they are possible or not. It's like building your house on sand, the quick-sand of human fallible thinking or rather, own opinion.

But this is a promise of wisdom, <<I'm curious what day it was the God was walking in the garden.>>
TRADITION OBSCURED this conspicuous information right here in Genesis 3:8-24 for the curious. Which day : of the seven days of the creation week it was, is more obvious than ever will be admitted by scholars and scribes, on the assumption of one very old established ROMAN CATHOLIC HERESY, namely the erroneous and satanic teaching of that church, that Adam was created so to speak on probation, so that if he would withstand evil and sin long enough, he would improve and become like God and able never to sin -- the EVIL TRUTH AND LIFE-DESPROYING LIE of humanism of 'free will choice' that horrible ARCH-ABOMINATION.

But this is a promise of wisdom, <<I'm curious what day it was the God was walking in the garden.>>
TRADITION OBSCURED this conspicuous information right here in Genesis 3:8-24 for the curious. Which day : of the seven days of the creation week it was, is more obvious than ever will be admitted by scholars and scribes, on the assumption of one very old established ROMAN CATHOLIC HERESY, namely the erroneous and satanic teaching of that church, that Adam was created so to speak on probation, so that if he would withstand evil and sin long enough, he would improve and become like God and able never to sin -- the EVIL TRUTH AND LIFE-DESTROYING LIE of humanism's 'free will choice', that horrible ARCH-ABOMINATION.
A preconception like yours of what the rest of God comprises, must lead to conclusions like yours, <<Surely it couldn't have been the seventh because he was resting.>> Now are you not now telling God that He should oblige and not do any of His, Works, on the Sabbath unless He wants to sin BECAUSE IT IS YOUR CONCEPTION THAT TO WORK IS DISOBEDEIENCE EVEN FOR GOD? But consider that for God to "rest", exactly means "the UTMOST, THE EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER EXERTED, ENERGISED WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD". That was what it meant for God to go <<walking in the garden>> "calling" the sinners, "Where are you", lost souls, "Come to Me and I will give you Rest", "the Rest of God"! God's works are God's Rest in Jesus Christ.

Last edited: