STOP DONATING TO CHURCHES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Take a stand

Oct 17, 2023
Santa Monica/California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I stumbled across a fundraiser online. Happened to be posted by a disabled vet who barely had enough money each month from SSI to keep a roof over his and food on the table. His plea for someone, anyone, whoever, to help him get to Michigan from California so he could see his dying mother one last time. She was the last of his family members and he NEEDED our help. So, myself, being the caring individual I am, reached out to more than 100 churches asking them if they could help him in any way, I figured if enough gave him 20.00-25.00 that he would have enough money. Guess how many helped the man or actually offered up a reply to my email? ZERO! ABSOLUTELY NONE! Please remind me why we donate to churches? Why do we give to these selfish money seeking churches? Where does all these funds go? If we as a society and followers of Christ can not pitch him to help someone who served for our country to protect US then we seriously need to take a long hard look at our churches! We need to make sure that we have resources available to help those who are the most honorable and serving individuals. There is absolutely no reason for EVERY SINGLE church to ignore this man's request - NONE. Go ahead and message him and tell him he's undeserving of our help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What church does that veteran attend?
How many of the church you emailed actually know who you are?

Yes as Christians we should give to those in need.
But
We have to be wise in how we use our cash, as there are plenty of sob stories out there which are nothing more than a con.

I give to charities who I turn help those who are known to them or who they have checked out their story.
I give to my church because I want to support the work it does.

Did you investigated the veteran claims, is he really a veteran, does his mother live where he says she does etc etc.
I suspect that the church you email treated your emai as spam.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches are supposed to BE:
Gods House of Prayer.

Church members are supposed TO:
Give Support to the One who Feeds them.

The Feeding is supposed to BE:
Gods Word.

A Soldier is supposed TO:
Defend, Protect their Country and It’s Citizens.

A mans Home/Property is supposed to BE:
Established, Supported, Protected, Ruled BY:
The Head of Household.

The Governments are supposed TO:
Collect A LIMITED amount of Funds VIA TAXATION with Foreign Nations, TO:
Support it’s LIMITED Governing Powers.

The Governments are supposed TO:
VIA, Elected and Appointed SERVANTS TO:
SERVE IT’S Citizens according TO:
It’s LAWFUL LIMITED Authority.

Government, Churches, even down to Households, HAVE BECOME MADE, actual and likened to Corporate “BUSINESSES”,
TO: whit the Government has APPOINTED itself DICTATORS OVER ALL BUSINESSES.

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.". ― Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a wife of William Clinton.

We [U.S.] tax everything that moves and doesn't move, and that's not what we see in Pakistan.” - Hillary Rodham Clinton, as Appointed Secretary of State.
Hillary is definitely a Puppet, and was Appointed as US Secretary of State, and AS Secretary definitely Over-stepped her Boundaries.

Did ANYONE, elect Hillary President of the US? No.
Did ANYONE, elect Hillary to Congress where LAWS ARE established? No.
Hillary is definitely a Puppet, but was Never the Face of the US Congress.

When Governments MAKE EVERYTHING into a BUSINESS, And WHEN Governments MAKE THEMSELVES DICTATORS Over ALL Businesses….
The Liberty and Freedoms OF the Citizens at Large have BECOME the SERVANTS of TYRANTS.

The US HAS NOT has WAR DECLARED Against this Nation since WWII.

God GAVE men a CHOICE to SERVE WHOM “THEY” WILL….God or Tyrants.

It is an unfortunate story you present, but not uncommon these days, whereby American citizens have received long lasting disabilities serving in other Nations Conflicts and Wars and Families Separated by Distances through circumstances of desires and needs.

Fact is: there is a STRING tethered TO EVERY PUPPET. And while Governments are the FACE of the PUPPET, the HANDFUL of PUPPET MASTERS ARE in Control of the STRINGS and hide in Secret Behind Doors, Walls, in Luxury, with Standing Armed Guards, Counting their Riches and Plotting how to Possess Everything They WANT, and Destroy Everything They DO NOT WANT. (Including PEOPLE!)

Meantime, While you think it the DUTY of a Church, or Any individual to Give to whom you think deserving, IS noble to share a persons circumstances regarding his Desire…But at the End of the Day, Businesses and Individuals, while wearing a FACE of Prosperity, ARE: behind closed doors struggling with, Figuring their own mounting (evil and wicked) DEBTS, they have been vacuumed into VIA evil spirits influence and wicked mens intrusions, tall tales and false promises.

In Short, everyone is being sucked in VIA, will, desire, trickery, threats, force;
INTO a sinking ship.

You reaching out to (anyone) churches you are not a member of with a story of needed help for an other, was likely ignored because they do not know you.

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

STOP DONATING TO CHURCHES​

I see you've taken a stand! Will you return it?

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I stumbled across a fundraiser online. Happened to be posted by a disabled vet who barely had enough money each month from SSI to keep a roof over his and food on the table. His plea for someone, anyone, whoever, to help him get to Michigan from California so he could see his dying mother one last time. She was the last of his family members and he NEEDED our help. So, myself, being the caring individual I am, reached out to more than 100 churches asking them if they could help him in any way, I figured if enough gave him 20.00-25.00 that he would have enough money. Guess how many helped the man or actually offered up a reply to my email? ZERO! ABSOLUTELY NONE! Please remind me why we donate to churches? Why do we give to these selfish money seeking churches? Where does all these funds go? If we as a society and followers of Christ can not pitch him to help someone who served for our country to protect US then we seriously need to take a long hard look at our churches! We need to make sure that we have resources available to help those who are the most honorable and serving individuals. There is absolutely no reason for EVERY SINGLE church to ignore this man's request - NONE. Go ahead and message him and tell him he's undeserving of our help!
[Removed. Please read forum rules re: new members and links in posts]

There are many scammers on the Internet.

Even people claiming to be Christians doing God's work are often just seeking funds....not really working at all at anything. This is why churches, Christian organizations check people out thoroughly before giving them money.

If the veteran's story is really true, he should get his story onto his local news stations.

I live where you do....you must see this type of fundraising on our local stations regularly.

The reporters will thoroughly check the veteran's story out before asking for funds for him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reporters will thoroughly check the veteran's story out before asking for funds for him!

Yeah, the same reporters that support sexual perversion, baby killing, and turning this nation into a one party communist6 state!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, the same reporters that support sexual perversion, baby killing, and turning this nation into a one party communist6 state!

The original poster is asking us to donate to some unknown individual over the Internet.

Don't you agree that we should be wise in handling of finances?

If the individual's story is false or embellished, and we give him money, we are only encouraging him in his deceptive lifestyle.

It's always best to check a person out before blindly handing over money to them. And that is very hard to do over the Internet.

Christian Aid in Virginia supports thousands of indigenous pastors and missionaries in poor, third world countries.

In India alone, I recall they support about 800 local pastors, missionaries. Yet they first thoroughly check out each ministry for sound doctrine and wise handling of finances. And the pastors, missionaries they support are doing Christian work 24/7....so they really need the funds.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now.,..

They are satan's houses of deception!

Very few churches now that have not been swallowed up by the wolves
I have attended man-made churches, rarely impressed. I have watched televised church services, rarely impressed. The range from, mega feel good about yourself churches, to monotone and robotic ritual churches, to so ridiculous can hardly not laugh. Not even close as to what Jesus established as HIS Church.
Will agree there are a Few Churches with excellent Preachers, on point of Jesus’ Doctrine.

Freewill to each his own.

Glory to God,
Taken

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you agree that we should be wise in handling of finances?

Of course, AND we should ignore reporters that support sexual perversion, baby killing, and turning this nation into a one party communist state!

It's always best to check a person out before blindly handing over money to them. And that is very hard to do over the Internet.

We could ask the Lord what He would like for us to do and then wait on Him for His leading and then act accordingly.

Christian Aid in Virginia supports thousands of indigenous pastors and missionaries in poor, third world countries.

And you are kidding yourself if you don't understand that some of these folks are scammers.

Did you go over there and check them all out before giving? Why not? Sound like you just blindly accept what some "ministry" claims without checking it out personally by going over there and spending a couple of months amongst the ones you were thinking about supporting.

Yeah in case you have not heard, one living in a third world country can make a nice living off of appealing to the emotions of rich Americans. Some gather up a few children for photo ops to "prove" they are running an orphanage.

I have attended man-made churches, rarely impressed. I have watched televised church services, rarely impressed. The range from, mega feel good about yourself churches, to monotone and robotic ritual churches, to so ridiculous can hardly not laugh. Not even close as to what Jesus established as HIS Church.
Will agree there are a Few Churches with excellent Preachers, on point of Jesus’ Doctrine.

Even if one finds a wonderful church that teaches good doctrine, helps the poor, etc, etc...

Our one on one personal relationship with the Lord always comes before any church and even comes before our spouse, children, and other family members.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even if one finds a wonderful church that teaches good doctrine, helps the poor, etc, etc...

Our one on one personal relationship with the Lord always comes before any church and even comes before our spouse, children, and other family members.
Correct! Amen!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are kidding yourself if you don't understand that some of these folks are scammers.

Did you go over there and check them all out before giving? Why not? Sound like you just blindly accept what some "ministry" claims without checking it out personally by going over there and spending a couple of months amongst the ones you were thinking about supporting.

Yeah in case you have not heard, one living in a third world country can make a nice living off of appealing to the emotions of rich Americans. Some gather up a few children for photo ops to "prove" they are running an orphanage.

Christian Aid in Virginia has a director living in each area of the third world they help in.

This director visits each indigenous ministry to make sure they have sound doctrine and would handle finances wisely. Only then do they get supported through Christian Aid.

If a ministry fails in the above, they are no longer supported financially. This mission has been around about 70 years, founded by an American missionary who thought the indigenous missionaries could reach their own people better.

They also help underground missionaries in Muslim countries.
Scroll downward for stories from the field.

Reactions: mailmandan

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met Bob Finley (founder of Christian Aid)..many years ago.
- He was a pioneer..on new mode/paradigm shift..in missions.
That's interesting.

Wasn't Billy Graham associated with Christian Aid in the beginning of its founding?

And wasn't Bob Finley originally a missionary in Korea?

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting.

Wasn't Billy Graham associated with Christian Aid in the beginning of its founding?

And wasn't Bob Finley originally a missionary in Korea?
Not sure..about Billy Graham..associated with Christian Aid.
---
Bob Finley was involved in mission work(in Asia).

Reactions: Debp

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course, AND we should ignore reporters that support sexual perversion, baby killing, and turning this nation into a one party communist state!

We could ask the Lord what He would like for us to do and then wait on Him for His leading and then act accordingly.

Instead of being negative why not tell us all how we should be doing Church and managing our charitable giving?

All you've said so far is give to random online appeals, don't get involved with other christians and have a relationship with Jesus.

Christianity is about one's relationship with Jesus yes, but it is also about one's relationship with local Christians that you meet up with regularly and about one's relationship with your local non-Christian.

So tell us do you support persecuted Christians, how do you encourage missionaries in foreign lands, how do you give to charities?

• Love
Reactions: Debp

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of being negative

Whatever you do, you need to stick to just the happy verses in God's Word.

The Lord has provided lots of examples in His Word about what NOT to do andf those that ignore these warnings are ripe for satanic deception.

Billy Graham taught all faiths lead to salvation so being ecumenical makes him a false teacher.

Billy Graham taught ecumenical in this video

Last edited: