Stop Slandering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To make things clear, the latter post was, in the previous thread, your way of calling me a crybaby over the way I responded to your abuse. Such Christian charity!

It appears that all of the bullies that used to harass me in elementary school grew up and became Calvinists; but they never stopped acting like they were in elementary school.

I've gotten better treatment when witnessing to atheists.

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I checked in here...but I think I will just leave you guys to it!
Thanks very much for this...

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself." Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.” Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.” R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.” Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks very much for this...

"If you are clear in your theology and in your doctrine you will know that no natural man can believe the gospel... So if you expect a natural man to believe the gospel simply because you are putting it to him, you are denying the gospel; you have not understood it yourself." Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

“We possess neither the ability, free will, power, nor the righteousness to repair ourselves and escape the wrath of God. It must all be God’s work, Christ’s work, or there is no salvation.” Michael Horton

“God Himself supplies the necessary condition to come to Jesus. That’s why it is sola gratia, by grace alone, that we are saved.” R.C. Sproul

“The gospel is the power of God. It does not depend upon me and my faithfulness. If it did we would all be lost. It is God’s power to keep, to justify and to sanctify and to glorify—to take us right into heaven itself. . . nothing can stop it.” Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

You are welcome. :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man can call him Lord but by the power of the Holy Ghost.
Romans 10:13 is clear that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved; I would go so far as to say that those who will not call upon the name of the Lord shall not be saved. Therefore if your adherence to Calvinism is keeping you from taking this step into salvation, we are right about how dangerous it is to people; and how it is keeping people from doing what it takes to enter in to the kingdom
Those who don’t call upon the name of the Lord don’t have the Holy Ghost.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him;

You appear to be trying to say that a man can have the Holy Ghost apart from calling on the name of the Lord; since in your estimation having the Holy Ghost comes first; I conclude that calling on the name of the Lord isn't necessary.

However, that is not a biblical statement; and because the conclusion is faulty, I would put it to you that the premise is also faulty.