Stranger Things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that. :(
Thank you. Honestly, I can see how it could be entertaining. (Although, I wouldn't call it Christian entertainment.) It was meant to grab people's attention, but also to make people investigate what it was really about.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh,.. it's debatable since there are obviously Christians like myself who watch it,.. but I was only posting it here because the general forums are for non-Christians. XD

angelsaroundme

Jun 20, 2021
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Season 1 is excellent, among the best stuff Netflix has produced. Later seasons are still pretty good but have some missteps.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not I haven't seen this show yet, but I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who and watching the trailer it seems really similar. I hear that it's supposed to be really good, but I'm not quite sure what it's about. :/ @Devin Wintch, @Tone, @JohnDB, or @Taodeching,.. you guys seem like the type who would be into this sort of thing. Have any of you seen it? What do you think of it? And can you get a brief summary without giving out spoilers if you have seen it? I'm thinking of watching it anyways tomorrow but I'm just curious. All I know so far is there's a girl who has powers like Carrie as I just read that part.

It's about a parallel world of darkness and dark forces released by scientific experiments. The main characters are all children, one an escaped subject of experimentation raised in confinement, but with psychic powers.
Its basically another war between good and evil, with those on the side of good still having the traits of fallen humanity.
I always liked sci-fi and horror and this series combines the two.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's about a parallel world of darkness and dark forces released by scientific experiments. The main characters are all children, one an escaped subject of experimentation raised in confinement, but with psychic powers.
Its basically another war between good and evil, with those on the side of good still having the traits of fallen humanity.
I always liked sci-fi and horror and this series combines the two.
The movie series is based on fact ....the Government's MK projects at Montauk.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The movie series is based on fact ....the Government's MK projects at Montauk.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I grew up on Long Island through the late 50s and 60s and I'm unaware of any outbreak of interdimensional monsters on long island then or since then, (but we did experience a lot of UFO sightings. )

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I grew up on Long Island through the late 50s and 60s and I'm unaware of any outbreak of interdimensional monsters on long island then or since then, (but we did experience a lot of UFO sightings. )
It is. I know survivors of Montauk ....and I myself am a survivor of MK Ultra with similar experiences to what is depicted on the movie.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you describe some of the UFO sightings? How often did you see that sort of activity?
As a kid I liked star gazing and my parents used their grocery savings stamps to order a small tassco refractory telescope for me. I couldn't use it on school nights and it wasn't powerful enough to distinguish the bands on Saturn's rings or clearly make out more than 4 of Jupiter's moons, so I didn't use it frequently, but pop had a pair of bushnell binoculars strong enough to pick out the silhouette of darkened aircraft against the star field behind them.
I spotted a few high altitude craft with no discernible wing lights, but only had the binoculars handy for one of them, and that because it kept turning and crossing the sky repeatedly like it was flying a grid. That one was exceptional in that I couldn't see any cabin lights nor any silhouette against the stars, just a white circle of light that turned elliptical and circular again repeatedly, like a disk being spun on it's long axis perpendicular to the motion. I wrote a letter to Dr. Carl Sagan about it because he was on some TV series and I respected his opinions (I thought that the object might be rotating through time,)
I grew up in Levittown, just a few miles from Grumman Aerospace and during the cold war we reported such sightings directly to MARS (you just had to dial the 4 numbers.) The Long Island Press even carried a story on one of the sightings.
A close cousin moved out to Lake Grove after his marriage and he spotted a fast moving "bright light" being pursued by a low flying F4 from the backyard of the basement apartment they were living in. He stayed in that area for a number of years and worked as a night watchman at the Shoreham nuclear facility while it was under construction. One night he and a few engineers spotted a fast moving light over the sound that suddenly dived into the water and disappeared.
I've lived most of my adult life in New Jersey and worked early hours for 24 years, so staying out late skygazing wasn't really an option even if there weren't so much light pollution and clouds in the Asbury area. I moved to North East Pennsylvania just 2 years ago, but live in woods with very little open sky.
During the last summer I hired a contractor to take down 5 large trees near my house and detached garage for safety's sake and a bit more open sky. One of the first evenings after the trees were down, I lay down in the back of my pickup as the sun was going down to watch the first stars appear. While it was still light and only a few stars were faintly visible, I saw something cylindrical (or rectangular) pass over pretty rapidly (didn't have enough time to even get a phone picture). It looked large compared to a high altitude commercial jet, had no visible wings, no contrails, didn't resemble any drone that I've ever seen, made no detectable sound, was a metallic silver in color, but almost half of it looked a pale green. It was the strangest looking thing Ive ever seen in the sky and I thought it might be the ISS. I searched on line to see if there was a flyover of NEPA and found an article that announced a flyover a week or two earlier visible in the same part of the sky, but I looked at some pictures of the station and didn't see any resemblance.
I've also had a few "dream" experiences that have common elements to the stories of "abductees", one associated with sudden relief from an aching back and serious tension headache, but I'm inclined to believe that such phenomena are of a spiritual nature and angelic or demonic in origin.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

aaronjosephhall

Oct 22, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm late to this thread BUT I am a Stranger Things fan! It was a well-made show. Plus, I love the 80s and a good story! :)