Street Preacher cries out: The soul who continues to sin will die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. a "soul" is the person, the "I", the ego, the self. A "soul" is any living creature. It exists as a consequence of the union of the body and the breath of life.
I think Genesis 2:7 is sufficient to keep us on track. It plainly says a soul is the result of the union of the body and the breath of life, does it not? There's not a single verse in all of Scripture that speaks of an "immortal soul" - in fact, 1 Timothy 6:16 clearly says God "only hath immortality" and Romans 2:7 says only those who "seek for immortality" are granted eternal life.

The wicked do not seek for immortality, so they will not be granted it. They will pass out of existence after their allotted time in the Lake of Fire according to their deeds. That's why Satan will burn the longest before he "shall not be anymore". - Ezekiel 28:19

Body, Soul and Spirit

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body is our flesh, the soul our emotions, feelings etc. and the spirit the eternal us.
You got two outta three!

1) Body, right
2 Soul - right - emotions, ego, self, the "I", the "me", etc. - exists only when Body is united with Breath of Life
3) Spirit is God's "life-giving principle" that animates the inanimate. It goes forth from God to give life to non-living and returns just as it arrived when life ceases to be.

There's no "eternal us". Not a single text describing that, but tons which teach the extremely important and sobering Bible principle which is "the Soul that sinneth, it shall die".

Reactions: Episkopos

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got two outta three!

1) Body, right
2 Soul - right - emotions, ego, self, the "I", the "me", etc. - exists only when Body is united with Breath of Life
3) Spirit is God's "life-giving principle" that animates the inanimate. It goes forth from God to give life to non-living and returns just as it arrived when life ceases to be.

There's no "eternal us". Not a single text describing that, but tons which teach the extremely important and sobering Bible principle which is "the Soul that sinneth, it shall die".
Do some more study. Our spirit is eternal.

What you are saying is when we die we ceased to exist and then God re-creates. That is false.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do some more study. Our spirit is eternal.

What you are saying is when we die we ceased to exist and then God re-creates. That is false.
"Our" spirit is actually not ours, but God's spirit, which He breathes into creatures to give them life and removes from them at their point of death. A person can no more claim ownership of God's life-giving Spirit than the light of a lamp can claim as its own the electricity zinging through the bulb.

Reactions: Episkopos

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that the church of today doesn't believe that sin leads to death. They believe that grace is assurance against condemnation...like God is so powerless He cannot equip us to walk like Jesus...so He rubber stamps those who give Him lip service? Only man can come up with a scheme like that.

How can the modern church be saved? We need to call the church to repentance.

Agreed

Whoever continues to sin will die? Why preach that to the unconverted when the converted don't believe it?

God commands all men everywhere to repent, and how can they repent except a preacher tells them that the wages of sin is death?

Acts 17
[30] And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:[31] Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.[32] And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.[33] So Paul departed from among them.

Reactions: Episkopos and Nancy