Street Preacher cries out: The soul who continues to sin will die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Since the concept of "consciousness in death" is foreign to the Bible, the very next thought a person who dies will happen at the either the sound of Jesus calling them forth from the grave to their Second Life at His Second Coming or the sound of His voice calling them up after the thousand years to their Second Life, where they will face judgement and then the Second Death, from which there will be no resurrection.

The body is not conscious but the Spirit is.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body is not conscious but the Spirit is.
Yes, God's Spirit returns to Him JUST AS IT WAS before He breathed it into the nostrils of whatever creature was about to become a living soul:

Body + Breath of Life (Spirit of Life) = Living Soul

JUST AS IT WAS without any speck of us mingled with it...not our thoughts, memories, emotions, character, appearance, voice, nothing. JUST AS IT WAS before it left God it returns to God, whether it leaves the body of a saint, sinner, or animal, it returns to Him as such. Once we die, that's it, fin...until the resurrection

Reactions: Acolyte

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not yet understood?
Sin is Against God.
A Converted man Has God WiTH him, and a Converted man Sins NO MORE, by the Power of God.

So, no. Belief is a beginning. Conversion is the Gift. And Sinning No More is the Result. And a Saved soul, Quickened spirit and Glorified body is the Reward.

Glory to God,
Taken

LOL

Did you not understand my post? Read it again. I am not 'for' the modern versions, but against them. And your reasoning is why, and we agree, so what's the problem.

I am not 'for' sinning up a storm! I'm against sinning. And I am 'for' understanding the conditions of God, which in this case was "who do not walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God's Spirit returns to Him JUST AS IT WAS before He breathed it into the nostrils of whatever creature was about to become a living soul:

Body + Breath of Life (Spirit of Life) = Living Soul

JUST AS IT WAS without any speck of us mingled with it...not our thoughts, memories, emotions, character, appearance, voice, nothing. JUST AS IT WAS before it left God it returns to God, whether it leaves the body of a saint, sinner, or animal, it returns to Him as such. Once we die, that's it, fin...until the resurrection

Disagree

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

Did you not understand my post? Read it again. I am not 'for' the modern versions, but against them. And your reasoning is why, and we agree, so what's the problem.

I am not 'for' sinning up a storm! I'm against sinning. And I am 'for' understanding the conditions of God, which in this case was "who do not walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Oh ya, I miss read your post!

God Bless,
Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7 says Body + Breath = Living Soul

No different than Bulb + Electric Current = Shining Light

And, just as in the case when the Electric Current is removed from the Bulb, the Light ceases to exist, so the Living Soul ceases to exist when God's Spirit returns to Him and the Body returns to the dust (Ecclesiastes 12:7). You've a right to your own opinion, but not to your own Biblical facts, friend.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for those in Christ, our spirit returns to the Father as a different spirit from whence it was given at birth. It has been modified into a new spirit that also contains Christ's spirit.

Blessings,

APAK

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for those in Christ, our spirit returns to the Father as a different spirit from whence it was given at birth. It has been modified into a new spirit that also contains Christ's spirit.

Blessings,

APAK

I'm a little confused as to your timing. You don't mean at death do you? When we are born again of the Spirit of Christ, which must happen in order to be a Christian, our spirit will contain the seed of the Father. 1 John 3:9; Romans 8:9

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a little confused as to your timing. You don't mean at death do you? When we are born again of the Spirit of Christ, which must happen in order to be a Christian, our spirit will contain the seed of the Father. 1 John 3:9; Romans 8:9

No confusion, and you quoted two appropriate verses. Upon your rebirth, and when you pass later, you carry the 'seed' of Christ' spirit within your own spirit as the mark or seal of salvation back to the Father and even the Son himself in their keeping. My initial post was adding to CoreIssue's and Phoneman777's discussion about the soul and when the breath (spirit of life) is gone and one passes on...

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No confusion, and you quoted two appropriate verses. Upon your rebirth, and when you pass later, you carry the 'seed' of Christ' spirit within your own spirit as the mark or seal of salvation back to the Father and even the Son himself in their keeping. My initial post was adding to CoreIssue's and Phoneman777's discussion about the soul and when the breath (spirit of life) is gone and one passes on...

Bless you,

APAK

I'll send you a comment privately - watch for mail.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My problem is that I am slow to anything because I am autistic.

For example, I took a look at the leadership of the new testament church in the scripture and it took me two years to complete.

I have investigated the second coming of Jesus and 10 years later I am still going.

I, however, consider that a blessing as I tend to not jump to conclusions even though I need the exercise.
Just give God the glory my friend!

Reactions: Enoch111

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 2:7 says Body + Breath = Living Soul

No different than Bulb + Electric Current = Shining Light

And, just as in the case when the Electric Current is removed from the Bulb, the Light ceases to exist, so the Living Soul ceases to exist when God's Spirit returns to Him and the Body returns to the dust (Ecclesiastes 12:7). You've a right to your own opinion, but not to your own Biblical facts, friend.

We HAVE a body...but we ARE a soul. You need to look for more than one verse to make a proper assessment. Anybody can misunderstand by making too much out of one verse. It's like trying to figure out a language by knowing only one sentence.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We HAVE a body...but we ARE a soul. You need to look for more than one verse to make a proper assessment. Anybody can misunderstand by making too much out of one verse. It's like trying to figure out a language by knowing only one sentence.

We are Body, soul and spirit. Only the spirit continues after death.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are Body, soul and spirit. Only the spirit continues after death.

Always the same errors over and over again...

Man can kill the body...but only God can kill the soul in hell fire. We are a soul. The spirit returns to God from whence it came. The salvation of the soul is the process of sanctification by maturity in Christ. We are trying to walk by faith to the saving of the soul.

The law of sin and death is...the SOUL that sins, it shall die. Do our bodies die when we sin? No. But our souls are separated from God when we sin. We lose the connection to our spirits. When we repent and God reactivates the link in our spirits...our souls are refreshed again by His grace.

We are not spirits. God is Spirit.

We are neither a body nor a spirit....but we are in between the 2.

Reactions: 07-07-07

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this video, a street preacher declares what is written: whoever continues in sin will die.

It seems this man has the gift of Prophecy. These people can never say they did not hear the Gospel, they can never say they were not warned.

Reactions: 07-07-07

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems this man has the gift of Prophecy. These people can never say they did not hear the Gospel, they can never say they were not warned.

The problem is that the church of today doesn't believe that sin leads to death. They believe that grace is assurance against condemnation...like God is so powerless He cannot equip us to walk like Jesus...so He rubber stamps those who give Him lip service? Only man can come up with a scheme like that.

How can the modern church be saved? We need to call the church to repentance.

Whoever continues to sin will die? Why preach that to the unconverted when the converted don't believe it?

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are people who are always going to be opposed to the Gospel, but this does not mean it should not be preached faithfully.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that the church of today doesn't believe that sin leads to death. They believe that grace is assurance against condemnation...like God is so powerless He cannot equip us to walk like Jesus...so He rubber stamps those who give Him lip service? Only man can come up with a scheme like that.

Whoever continues to sin will die? Why preach that to the unconverted when the converted don't believe it?

"How can the modern church be saved? We need to call the church to repentance."

Indeed, there is a spirit of
lackadaisical-ness in many Churches. My ideal of a brick and mortar "Church" would simply be Christians gathering on a regular basis in each others homes. I know, that is not very common :(

"Why preach that to the unconverted when the converted don't believe it?"

So they can never say they (the un-converted) were not warned? Or can say they never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ? As far as many in the mainline "Church", we know them by their fruits...should not change how we treat them unless they live in open sin, IMHO. :)

"They believe that grace is assurance against condemnation."

Then it seems to me, they "went out from us..." If they love their sin more than God and, even though they show up to Sunday services bodily...they are only fooling themselves and will be standing alone, before God to give an account. I would not go so far to say these are not saved, only God knows who is. :)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you need to repent of your Gnosticism first.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We HAVE a body...but we ARE a soul.
I agree. a "soul" is the person, the "I", the ego, the self. A "soul" is any living creature. It exists as a consequence of the union of the body and the breath of life.
You need to look for more than one verse to make a proper assessment. Anybody can misunderstand by making too much out of one verse. It's like trying to figure out a language by knowing only one sentence.
I think Genesis 2:7 is sufficient to keep us on track. It plainly says a soul is the result of the union of the body and the breath of life, does it not? There's not a single verse in all of Scripture that speaks of an "immortal soul" - in fact, 1 Timothy 6:16 clearly says God "only hath immortality" and Romans 2:7 says only those who "seek for immortality" are granted eternal life.

The wicked do not seek for immortality, so they will not be granted it. They will pass out of existence after their allotted time in the Lake of Fire according to their deeds. That's why Satan will burn the longest before he "shall not be anymore". - Ezekiel 28:19

Reactions: Nancy