Street Preachers call out Roman Catholics at Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amazing how people who frequent these boards make naked contradictory statements against their Bibles.

I’m not a fan of these street preaching things, but if that’s what they feel they are called to do, who am I to judge them.
Westboro Baptists THINK they are obeying God... LOL... The hypocrisy flows like a river. Too many cooks in the kitchen ... all wanting to be head chef... NOT enough servants.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Westboro Baptists THINK they are obeying God... LOL... The hypocrisy flows like a river. Too many cooks in the kitchen ... all wanting to be head chef... NOT enough servants.
Yes , let no man , woman or child follow westboro .
Instead let us learn our bibles very well . Learn that JESUS , learn the spirit filled doctrine of the apostels as well .
Let us learn to behold both the goodness and severity of God .
Let us honor the LORD in all we do and say . And let us always examine even our own selves to see if we walk according to the Faith .
We must put on all the amour of GOD . Some will be evanglizing much more than others , but the others
can do their part by PRAYER . We should pray for those true lambs who do go out and evanglize .
but all can be a witness . Let us learn JESUS well . Too many men have really muddied the waters .
But if we step back and return to reading the scriptures daily , our minds can quickly be refreshed . Be encouraged my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A certain sister who is loved has been spotted . She knows who she is . Now let all praise and thank the LORD .
But let us always be on gaurd . Always testing those spirits , what men do teach .
Let us learn that bible well . For the holy scriptures do indeed make one wise unto salvation through our faith in Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a listen to this... in agreement and confirmation that easter (Ishtar) has nothing to do with Jesus Christ and has everything to do with Nimrod, mystery Babylon, and antichrist.

It's a shame that this is brought into Christian churches.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? ¹⁵ And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ¹⁶ And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. ¹⁷ Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, ¹⁸ And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 18:1-9 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. ² And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. ³ For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. ⁴ And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. ⁵ For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. ⁶ Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. ⁷ How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. ⁸ Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. ⁹ And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, ¹⁰ Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

It's a shame that this is brought into Christian churches. The mixture is so thorough, (almost) no one sees it anymore.... spiritual blindness.

I had a dream a year and a half ago.
I was in a house and I looked toward the city, and saw ... a huge tower in the midst of it that was on fire from the top down. It was about to come down and I knew it would crush anyone who remained in the heart of the city. I ran to try to warn the people to get out. But they were completely oblivious...walking around, talking, laughing, shopping, no concern or urgency at all. A handful did hear and were making a dash to safety, but 99.9% just didn't hear .... no "ears to hear." But that tower (Babylon) is coming down... and God is saying, "Come out of her... MY PEOPLE!" He will judge and He doesn't desire His people to partake of HER (Babylon's) JUDGMENTS ...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mystery Babylon, and antichrist.

Mystery Babylon is the Mother of Harlots: This is because SHE has continued to have a massive impact on what truly does matter to God, i.e., His Church. She is the root of many false doctrines, has changed God’s law and shed the blood of millions of Christians etc. When Israel committed spiritual adultery, God called His Old Testament Church a “WHORE”, a “HARLOT” and a “WHORISH WOMAN” and accused her of “FORNICATION” and “ADULTERY.”

The Catholic Church is guilty of much worse than Israel. In a recent address to the nations, Pope Benedict caused a major uproar among many Churches as he referred to the Catholic Church as being the “MOTHER” Church and called for all the daughter Churches to come back to HER. They are referred to as daughter Churches because they originally came from the Catholic Church, eg: Martin Luther, who had been a Catholic priest established the Lutheran Church. Some say mystery Babylon represents all false religion but not so as SHE is the Mother of Harlots as in SHE has many daughters that came from her so SHE is one Church. (Source: Mystery-Babylon.net)

The Catholic church will be judged for all her abominations and perversions. Because she is a cult... ONLY GOD is able to rescue and save those within her. Some will come out of her... some will not.

As far as these daughters of hers... the protestant churches who have perverted the HOLY WORD of God with abominations against the Holy Spirit... they will reap the same as the WHORE.

People forget that God is not only LOVING... but HE is just... HE is HOLY... and HE will NOT be MOCKED!!!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when God turns to judge your.life in the spirit demonstrated in that video, what will He see? You won't be able to get away...
I haven't watched the video in the OP. Wonder if I should. lol
I don't see anything wrong with street preaching bc Jesus told us to go out into the highways and hedges and compel people to come in (to His kingdom). Also, street preaching is basically what Jonah did at God's command. It all depends on if we're bringing His message or not.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't watched the video in the OP. Wonder if I should. lol
I don't see anything wrong with street preaching bc Jesus told us to go out into the highways and hedges and compel people to come in (to His kingdom). Also, street preaching is basically what Jonah did at God's command. It all depends on if we're bringing His message or not.
It's really not so much the message....its the attitude

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Street Preachers call out Roman Catholics at Easter. Do we follow Jesus, or the doctrines of men?

Mark 7
[6] He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
[7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctines the commandments of men.
[8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
[9] And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

I've done some street preaching of my own. I'm inclined to agree with them about Catholicism.

But I never called out any groups, just preached Christ crucified for the sins of the world.

Did it once and sometimes twice a week with friends from my church for about 3 years.

I can say that we always had a crowd who would listen, even some shouting back at us, Amen Brother!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Street Preachers call out Roman Catholics at Easter. Do we follow Jesus, or the doctrines of men?

Mark 7
[6] He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
[7] Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctines the commandments of men.
[8] For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
[9] And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

What a maroon..

Hope somebody invited him in to Mass to see for himself just how much we hold up Jesus...

Happy Easter everyone!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:15 NKJV — but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ—

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mark 7

The same can be claimed about any church. There is nothing special about that act in the OP video. The bible tells us how to tell a prophet, his prophecies will come true. So if you find a true prophet then his church will be Gods, all others may be of the devil.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you do indeed deem Jesus as "attacking" people.

Matthew 23
[13] But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
[14] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
[15] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
[16] Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
[17] Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
[18] And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
[19] Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
[20] Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
[21] And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
[22] And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
[23] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
[24] Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
[25] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
[26] Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
[27] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
[28] Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
[29] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
[30] And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
[31] Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
[32] Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
[33] Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
[34] Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
[35] That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
[36] Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Jesus preached parables to the sinners, why tell people the real truth as you see it and defy Christ's way?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 4:15 NKJV — but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head-Christ—
Yes but it often isn't 'in love' even though people say it is.

Reactions: Jostler

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Mark 7

The traditions Jesus condemned in Mark 7 were the traditions the Jews invented so they could look holy by giving everything to the Temple while ignoring their parents. This proves you can't read scripture, and cherry pick selected verses as an excuse to persecute Catholics. There are good traditions that Paul commands us to keep, and bad traditions we must avoid. Too bad you can't tell the difference, and end up creating your own traditions.

Reactions: dev553344

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mark 7

Another pathetic display of anti-Catholicism based on an abject ignorance of the Gospel.

Reactions: dev553344

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a listen to this... in agreement and confirmation that easter (Ishtar) has nothing to do with Jesus Christ and has everything to do with Nimrod, mystery Babylon, and antichrist.

It's a shame that this is brought into Christian churches.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? ¹⁵ And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ¹⁶ And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. ¹⁷ Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, ¹⁸ And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 18:1-9 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. ² And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. ³ For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. ⁴ And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. ⁵ For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. ⁶ Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. ⁷ How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. ⁸ Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. ⁹ And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, ¹⁰ Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

It's a shame that this is brought into Christian churches. The mixture is so thorough, (almost) no one sees it anymore.... spiritual blindness.

I had a dream a year and a half ago.
I was in a house and I looked toward the city, and saw ... a huge tower in the midst of it that was on fire from the top down. It was about to come down and I knew it would crush anyone who remained in the heart of the city. I ran to try to warn the people to get out. But they were completely oblivious...walking around, talking, laughing, shopping, no concern or urgency at all. A handful did hear and were making a dash to safety, but 99.9% just didn't hear .... no "ears to hear." But that tower (Babylon) is coming down... and God is saying, "Come out of her... MY PEOPLE!" He will judge and He doesn't desire His people to partake of HER (Babylon's) JUDGMENTS ...
Another victim of moronic Jack Chick tracts.

You have GOT to stop reading nonsense. Jack Chick got MOST of this garbage from a 19th century anti-Catholic named Alexander Hislop, who wrote a fictional, manure-laden treatise called, "The Two Babylons". Sadly, for Hislop fans, this book has been DEBUNKED by virtualkly every historian who ever picked it up.

Do you realize how absolutelt STUPID the whole "Ishtar/Easter" myth is? Do you even understand that English is a relitively NEW language on the world stge and that "Easter" is pronounced "Pasch", "Pesach", "Pasqua", "Pasque", etc. in other languages that have NOTHING to do with an ancient goddess??

For this idiotic myth to be true - it could ONLY be true in English-speaking aountries.
Is ANY of this making sense??

I didn't think so . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.