Strong delusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks ByGrace :)

I haven't been around for a couple of days, I've been as they say " under the weather" the heart doing it's own thing again......
I feel a little lost on here now...every thread has moved on so fast...I can't get a toe in! :D

Your post hit the nail...
Bless you...H

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a personal context, I only follow the actual context that's written within those Scriptures. That you believe one can personally have their own... context suggests a problem in your approach to understanding The Bible.
Enjoy "The Bible."

B

brakelite

There were additions done to the 2nd temple by Herod, so it was called by some Herod's temple, yet the Jews recognized it as God's temple, which is why they worshipped there, and is why they still worship at the Wailing Wall. Furthermore, the parameters of the prophecy Jesus gave is not one stone shall be standing on top of another. Hard to get around that, especially because of how huge those stones of the Wailing Wall are, still standing one on top of another.
That western wall, even if built by Herod and not the Romans, was just a part of a retaining wall system to make the temple complex more stable. When the disciples and Jesus were looking at it, it likely had n't even been finished...certainly not to the extent we see today.
It was not a part of the temple itself, which is what the disciples were pointing out, and to which Jesus was referring. History tells us that when the Romans destroyed the temple, their greed so overcame them, that in search for gold that had melted in the fire, and precious artifacts they deliberately went about turning over every stone they could find in search of riches. Even Titus couldn't control them, and was disgusted with his own soldiers at their behaviour, although not as disgusted as he was with the Jews who during the siege had been fighting over each others children as to who they should eat first.

B

brakelite

I haven't been around for a couple of days, I've been as they say " under the weather" the heart doing it's own thing again......
I feel a little lost on here now...every thread has moved on so fast...I can't get a toe in! :D

Your post hit the nail...
Bless you...H
Sorry to hear about your health...yep, our tickers sometimes have minds of their own. I am sure though you will catch up. Kia Ora. (Maori 'be well')

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That western wall, even if built by Herod and not the Romans, was just a part of a retaining wall system to make the temple complex more stable. When the disciples and Jesus were looking at it, it likely had n't even been finished...certainly not to the extent we see today.
It was not a part of the temple itself, which is what the disciples were pointing out, and to which Jesus was referring. History tells us that when the Romans destroyed the temple, their greed so overcame them, that in search for gold that had melted in the fire, and precious artifacts they deliberately went about turning over every stone they could find in search of riches. Even Titus couldn't control them, and was disgusted with his own soldiers at their behaviour, although not as disgusted as he was with the Jews who during the siege had been fighting over each others children as to who they should eat first.

When Jesus said not one stone on top of another, that means not one stone on top of another. Doesn't matter who placed them at the temple mount area. It could have been aliens for all I care. What Jesus said is more important.

B

brakelite

When Jesus said not one stone on top of another, that means not one stone on top of another. Doesn't matter who placed them at the temple mount area. It could have been aliens for all I care. What Jesus said is more important.
Okay.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the delusion is insidious; it rings true to us. It pushes to redefine love as self serving rather than communal....it focuses us on the moral failing of our neighbors rather than serving them.....it constantly works to erode unity - advocating for hatred and skepticism of church and replacing the experience of Godly men and women with our opinions, which we will always interpret as closer to God.

It seeks to empower us to fight against decoy delusions (political, media, controlling other’s sinful behavior through the law) and we will feel good about working against them in vain.

We will self righteously hoard our guns in the face of escalating gun violence; attempt to increase our comfort level by asserting our Christian identity/tribalism; and replace faith with skepticism, which will be applied towards all authority - church, academia, medicine, science and the rule of law. All of these distractions will be substituted for loving one another. Then, like a dieter substituting real food with aspartane, salt, and processed food, we will wonder why we remain spiritually overweight and bankrupt.

Radical individualism is the opposite of the gospel and sanctification for Hell - an eternal place/condition of radical individualism, self righteousness, righteous indignation, self murder, depostism of self, literalism and certainty of opinion unto death.

Attacking the body of Christian from the inside is the method of Satan to divide and destroy. So, why do we keep looking at the world?

Agree. Here comes the "but" though. His word teaches a house divided can not stand. Satan's attempts to divide from on the inside just won't work. For me, the real problem is what we assign as being of God when it is not of God. This lack of love and division you speak of; is not of God. Let us call it what it is: man's own righteousness being established at the sake of others. Fulfillment of what is truly unseen and hidden in the heart and the lust there of. "Out of the abundance of the heart His mouth speaketh."

Luke 6:45-46
[45] A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And the sobering truth...

46] And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

1 Corinthians 4:5
[5] Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

The increase of hidden things being brought to light...is God's work.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't have a personal context, I only follow the actual context that's written within those Scriptures. That you believe one can personally have their own... context suggests a problem in your approach to understanding The Bible.
lol, what?
are we telling Bible jokes herenow, or what