• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humble people admit when they are wrong.
There is also a false humility that all must beware of , and though the mean man humble himself and speak fair words
unto thee , HEED THEM NOT . I dont care how humble a person appears , IF the same person is teaching falsehoods , THEY WONT
be followed nor believed . But yes PRIDE is a killer as well . When a lamb errs it will admit its wrong and repent . That is true as well .
For an example let me show us pope francis , the man appears kind , caring and humble , but speaks as a dragon . THUS IT WONT BE HEEDED .

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humble people admit when they are wrong.

That is true, Devin. They are able to recognize that they were wrong, and placing God first in their life, when they have wronged others, they are notified by the Holy Spirit. That is the time when a person can come to God and admit their wrongs on how they handle the situation, and perhaps reconcile with their brother or sister or stranger.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my own life, there have been many times before having come to God where I believed that I was above others. Pride in having come to know the Lord Jesus even, and looking down on other people. Even as a Christian, looking down on other people because they perhaps had done bad things, like drugs, or drinking, and despised them.

Pride, is something that comes about that starts off in our heart. Now is it okay to have pride in something you accomplished? There is nothing wrong with this, in light of what God has done for you, and perhaps being a parent and helping your son how to speak or learn homework. Or perhaps overcoming an obstacles that pervious hindered you before. There is nothing wrong with this again in light of looking to God, and being humbled in his light. Not to become prideful, because of something you have done and to down play the other doesn't seem right in my best estimation.

Being honest, humble, transparent, before God, and before Man is a good thing.

My life use to be prideful against anything the things of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, even over my own mother (thinking I would never have to work and she would), thinking that I was better than my (sister) though we both bleed the same blood, along with also thinking I was better than my (brother).

So with this I can be open and honest with you all that I have had trouble with this from my fleshy and also in the sense of spiritual pride.

I use to be someone who would boast and be prideful, but not so much anymore. Though some look at me as though I may not know anything, that I am just some punk kid who just does whatever he desires to do, and God created me, and by his grace I am what I am. He is the only one who ever came into my life through His Son Jesus Christ who had changed me, though sometimes my flesh still can come up. It is best to abide in Christ which is totally a choice on our own individual part.

I am not God; nor am I ever equal to God, just because his spirit lives with-in me, to be humble, gentle, kind, lowly is what he desires for us to by and through the spirit because of Christ Jesus. God helps us through our lives, and he deserves every respect for having kept us alive, through our very birth until now to this day. To Thank God for helping us to get through the things he helped us get through, throughout our bad choices or even good choices - He deserves the glory, praise, and lets give thanks to Him for it all, friend.

There are seven things that God detestable to him:

What are some of your thoughts?
Are there some scriptures you would like to share for this study?

Humility is key in learning Matt. Jesus said those who are like babes are the ones he selects, why? Because their humility allows them to accept the word of God, and apply it in their lives. As Christians we at one time we humbly accepted the word, but it is important to prove to ourselves the truths that are being promoted, to make sure they really are Biblical truths Matt.

Last edited:
Reactions: friend of

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your insights, Robert.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, Devin. They are able to recognize that they were wrong, and placing God first in their life, when they have wronged others, they are notified by the Holy Spirit. That is the time when a person can come to God and admit their wrongs on how they handle the situation, and perhaps reconcile with their brother or sister or stranger.
God wants us to be humble so that we forgive others also, that way he desires to forgive us seeing that we are humble. And humility before God is the way also, seeing how advanced of a life form he really is. He is beyond highly intelligent and wise. And all powerful to create the heavens and earth. He has power to share his eternal life giving spirit with us and resurrect us. And we can do none of that and are not intelligent and wise like God. But he can share some of this with us to the capacity that we can receive it as humans.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Christophany,

An attack is still an attack either way it goes. As I admire your comments about me, everything that I try to present is for the glory of God, and not myself if possible.

What is interesting is that many people take "contending for the faith" scripture as like in a boxing match, where one will win over the other. It should be taken as contending by and through reasoning and logic, but some people may differ with their approach as you are your own individual person and decide how you present yourself when you comment towards other people.

May God be praised.

This reminds me of,

James 3:13-15 KJV
13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

Let your conduct show others how wise and smart you are.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This reminds me of,

13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Much love!
@marks We were looking at James's searching Epistle last night in church...........

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pride is pleasure arising from a man thinking too highly of himself.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sinful pride is an arrogant, haughty, preeminent, insolent, self-reliant, attitude that causes a person to have an inflated, aggrandized view of oneself, one's privileges, accomplishments, and endowments. Matured Pride is the anti-God state of mind, for it thinks it can self sustain without God, who is the giver of all life and by whom we have our being.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of,

Much love!
Excellent !