Stumbling Block verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i pumped that up mostly to illustrate how easy it is to goto Israel at the right times of year, the off seasons, apr-may and sep-oct, on BA air (accept no substitutes), for 1/3 the airfare, and if you wanna get like 2 implants cheaper than here and those pay for the whole trip; you dont need me. Stay in hostels for the best authentic experience, and bc Israel is stupid expensive, and escapr to the Sinai for cheap loot and loads of fun, very multicultural, dining on the red sea cheap, great hash cheap, tourist economy all the way so you are treated well, etc.
Thank you very much for the offer. He really did appreciate your interest, although I admit that this morning he had already forgotten last week's conversation. He doesn't always realize how bad his memory is... and when he does he is carefully not to make much of it. In the back of his mind I believe that he is afraid some man or agency of men will try to control his life. He trusts me but even with me he is careful because he doesn't always remember how trustworthy I am [LOL].

He is very economy minded, but only at the moment he has decided, [or God has decided], it is time to go. I have told him repeatedly that if he books early he gets a much better price. He hears me but he still will not even book a flight until he is ready... or until God taps him on the shoulder.

totally ignore the news hype btw, much safer than anywhere in LA, etc. If you have even one of those tiny swiss army penknives in Israel, you are subject to arrest. It is a very well run country, apartheid notwithstanding. Much. I guess i wouldnt attempt the West Bank right now...well, i would, but then i am an idiot lol
All what you said I certainly believe from personal experience overseas... and from my pastor's statements about it. He has Israeli friends and Arab friends on both sides of the ocean. To him, in traveling for God, the warring and violent feuds are distractions. He would never change his travel plans because of such things. His last trip to Israel was not delayed by the danger in Israel or the warnings by the U.S. State Dept but by huge storm that closed down airports and cancelled flights. That flight was scheduled for the month after his wife died, but even in his terrible period of mourning he refused to cancel the flight. God did it for him and he received a full refund for his already purchased ticket. Instead of a Fall flight, he went the following Spring. God does have His hand on the man. When others around him are dying at much younger ages, he is continuing to travel on his Father's business.

Huperetes

Dec 10, 2019
Millington
www.grex.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a propitiation in redeeming us back from the god of this world. We are freed...as a creation...from being under the bondage of the devil to being free to now come under grace.

Just as the sin of Adam put us under the dominion of the devil...so the does the payment of a perfect life redeem us from that dominion.

I am also onboard with anything that exposes the dead ceremonial and ritualistic religious aspects of false Christianity. Is it just me or is that the faint aroma of said dead religion manifested in this thread's crosstalk?

*edit* You may have them blocked

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, yes. Cafeteria Christianity...fooling only themselves. Why bother at all!
Leaving early for services today, I get to receive all of the many, many gifts for the many, many ministries there today!!! It is so much fun and I'm meeting so many people and, am actually comfortable in my own skin there...so many there who lift others up, to me it is what I've prayed for for a very long time...true fellowship :) and always The Word...❤
Hopefully it will remain for you just so! I have certainly been where you are more than once. I don't want to say I envy your eagerness, but I suppose that it is envy. Help me dear Lord!

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us." Ecc 1:9-10

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully it will remain for you just so! I have certainly been where you are more than once. I don't want to say I envy your eagerness, but I suppose that it is envy. Help me dear Lord!

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us." Ecc 1:9-10

Hi John!
I have been praying God would bring you into fellowship with others, and will continue to pray that.
I think that, what yo call my eagerness stems from attending a dead, dry and un friendly Church for over 2 years. I was parched! Now, I am not parched. Who knows what tomorrow might bring...? But, until then, I will learn, enjoy and worship with these people as, the spirit of them is like, a total turn around from the spirit of the other place I went.
Praying God WILL send you someone who you can fellowship with, someone you can relate to...would be wonderful if it were another couple like yourself and Kathy! But, we'll let God do it His way, lol.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi John!
I have been praying God would bring you into fellowship with others, and will continue to pray that.
I think that, what yo call my eagerness stems from attending a dead, dry and un friendly Church for over 2 years. I was parched! Now, I am not parched. Who knows what tomorrow might bring...? But, until then, I will learn, enjoy and worship with these people as, the spirit of them is like, a total turn around from the spirit of the other place I went.
Praying God WILL send you someone who you can fellowship with, someone you can relate to...would be wonderful if it were another couple like yourself and Kathy! But, we'll let God do it His way, lol.
Amen, God's Way is always best!

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thanks for the welcome :)

I am definitely on-board with the fact His life frees us from sin (and gives us the power to walk accordingly). It's just that I don't see this passage as conveying this. Jesus draws a picture with His blood representing the New Covenant. Also with His body broken for us. This is a picture of a sacrifice...and the sacrifice had to die. I guess the real issue is that if His blood, in the living sense brought us life, then why did He have to die?
Thanks for the welcome :)

I am definitely on-board with the fact His life frees us from sin (and gives us the power to walk accordingly). It's just that I don't see this passage as conveying this. Jesus draws a picture with His blood representing the New Covenant. Also with His body broken for us. This is a picture of a sacrifice...and the sacrifice had to die. I guess the real issue is that if His blood, in the living sense brought us life, then why did He have to die?
maybe since the blood was metaphorical, "blood of the grape," the death is too?

welcome to the forum btw, im mark