Suffering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Concerning the topic of suffering. My grandsons homework tonight was to memorize Psalm 139:1-3.

O Lord, you have searched me, and have known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up, you discern my thought from far off. You search my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.

i couldn’t stop thinking about the “and are acquainted with all my ways.” Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Hebrews 4:15-16 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched (consider when the woman with the issue of blood reached out and touched…he felt her touch him) with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. [16] Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hi @VictoryinJesus Great Psalm there; God bless your grandson....

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He suffered so we wouldn't have to suffer.

consider
But in everything commending ourselves (Hebrews 12:8-10) as servants of God,
In much endurance,
In afflictions,
In hardships,
In distresses,
In beatings,
In imprisonments,
In tumults,
In labours,
In sleeplessness,
In hunger,
In purity,
In knowledge,
In patience,
In kindness,
In the Holy Spirit,
In genuine love.
In the word of the truth,
In the power of God,
By the weapons of righteousness, (2 Corinthians 10:3-4)
For the right hand and the left,
By glory and dishonor,
By evil report and good report,
[regarded) as deceivers and yet true,
As unknown yet well-known
As dying yet behold, we live;
As punished (to train children, to chasten, correct) yet not put to death.

Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord ; neither be weary of his correction: [12] For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider
In much endurance,
In afflictions,
In hardships,
In distresses,
In beatings,
In imprisonments,
In tumults,
In labours,
In sleeplessness,
In hunger,
In purity,
In knowledge,
In patience,
In kindness,
In the Holy Spirit,
In genuine love.
In the power of God,
By glory and dishonor,

Proverbs 3:11-12 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord ; neither be weary of his correction: [12] For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Being persecuted for Christ is definitely suffering for His name. But as far as suffering for our sin, feelings of guilt and condemnation, we don't have too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
consider
In much endurance,
In afflictions,
In hardships,
In distresses,
In beatings,
In imprisonments,
In tumults,
In labours,
In sleeplessness,
In hunger,
In purity,
In knowledge,
In patience,
In kindness,
In the Holy Spirit,
In genuine love.
In the power of God,
By glory and dishonor,

@VictoryinJesus Good verses there...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am thankful God is with us in our time of need. My church is on a healing series and Isaiah 53:4 was shared.

Isaiah 53:3-5

"3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

It says He bore our briefs and carried our sorrows. He suffered so we wouldn't have to suffer. I guess I'm trying to figure out since we are already healed where working through things comes into play. Because sometimes working through things hurts.
@Mayflower Wonderful chapter there in Isaiah!

Peter also speaks of 'the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow' (1 Peter 1.11). Philippians speaks of 'the fellowship of His sufferings' (Philippians 3.10).

Reactions: soul man