Summarize what the good news is, find a scripture.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we disagree then about Circular Reasoning.
I have no idea what circular reasoning is , I say CLING TO BIBLE REASONING cause men , satan and the powers of darkness
KNOW HOW TO DECIEVE . Pope francis is of the dragon as much as any other false religoin . AND WORSE , cause he comes in as though
he is OF US yet HIMS FALSE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t expect you to be so tolerant and open minded. I appreciate that.
I don’t tend to judge other religions too much. Of course I would never join them but I don’t want to judge millions of people.
With that statement YOU JUST JUDGED JESUS . HE IS THE ONE WHO SAID HE IS THE ONLY WAY . THEM other religons are false
JESUS would never have said no such thing , nor would paul , john , jude or others . THEY false my friend and they are of satan
and that AINT JUDGING , ITS SIMPLY the TRUTH .

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With that statement YOU JUST JUDGED JESUS . HE IS THE ONE WHO SAID HE IS THE ONLY WAY . THEM other religons are false
JESUS would never have said no such thing , nor would paul , john , jude or others . THEY false my friend and they are of satan
and that AINT JUDGING , ITS SIMPLY the TRUTH .

Definitely not, maybe you’re very close minded and you don’t like to hear other things while making assumptions ?
Who am I to judge God? I’m just a sinner.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t expect you to be so tolerant and open minded. I appreciate that.
I don’t tend to judge other religions too much. Of course I would never join them but I don’t want to judge millions of people.
What you call judging i call saving . WHY dont you want to save millions . THEY aint saved . POINT THEM TO FAITH IN JESUS
cause that alone is the only hope for anyone . Folks think i am judging . NOPE i am LOVING . I know they false
and due to i love the peoples i must point them to CHRIST and away from their false religions that cant and wont save them .
ITS LOVE , NOT JUDGING .

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you call judging i call saving . WHY dont you want to save millions . THEY aint saved . POINT THEM TO FAITH IN JESUS
cause that alone is the only hope for anyone . Folks think i am judging . NOPE i am LOVING . I know they false
and due to i love the peoples i must point them to CHRIST and away from their false religions that cant and wont save them .
ITS LOVE , NOT JUDGING .

Why don’t you save them? What is your practical plan to do this? How are you going to save millions of people?
I’m just content God has given me enough knowledge to convince a dozen atheists and that’s all the impact I’m going to have.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t you save them? What is your practical plan to do this? How are you going to save millions of people?
I’m just content God has given me enough knowledge to convince a dozen atheists and that’s all the impact I’m going to have.
i cant save them , but i can preach the gospel to folks . AND not allow other religoins to feel saved in satans religoin .
THERE are truly only two religoins . JESUS CHRIST , or satan . Yeah the rest comes from satan .
JESUS himself called the UNBELIEVING JEWS of their father satan , what makes you think he is gonna give muslims or any other false
religion a pass , WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN GIVE THE JEWS A PASS . ALL OTHER RELIGIONS are OF SATAN and cannot and will not save anyone
no matter what kind of good works they preach .

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i cant save them , but i can preach the gospel to folks . AND not allow other religoins to feel saved in satans religoin .
THERE are truly only two religoins . JESUS CHRIST , or satan . Yeah the rest comes from satan .
JESUS himself called the UNBELIEVING JEWS of their father satan , what makes you think he is gonna give muslims or any other false
religion a pass , WHEN HE DIDNT EVEN GIVE THE JEWS A PASS . ALL OTHER RELIGIONS are OF SATAN and cannot and will not save anyone
no matter what kind of good works they preach .

‘Well the practical application of our behavior can be laid out in two ways:

1. You go to a Buddhist temple and tell them “they’re all wrong and they’ll go to Hell” and see how that goes or
2. You go to a Buddhist temple and you attempt to not judge them and tell them in a loving or humble manner about Christianity and Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘Well the practical application of our behavior can be laid out in two ways:

1. You go to a Buddhist temple and tell them “they’re all wrong and they’ll go to Hell” and see how that goes or
2. You go to a Buddhist temple and you attempt to not judge them and tell them in a loving or humble manner about Christianity and Jesus.
I never said otherwise . All i said was dont let them think they are okay in that religion . POINT THEM TO JESUS .
WHEN paul went into the jewish synagogues he was not screaming and yelling , BUT HE WAS POINTING TOJESUS
and HE DID tell the jews that DID reject JESUS , YOUR BLOOD be upon your own heads
and since your count yourselves unworthy of everlasting life ....................of EVERLASTING LIFE .
PAUL never left a doubt in a person who he spoke too . HE let them KNOW ABOUT JESUS . SO we must as well .
I never said yell anything . i said Preach JESUS . Be encouraged my friend . Thanks for the reminder too .

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John chapter 4 verse 14

"But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what circular reasoning is

It’s what you did. circular reasoning is When you use a conclusion as a premise to support your conclusion. It’s a bit like trying to assert something AS IF it is true by definition.

P1. Birds fly south in the winter.
P2. Birds are flying south.
C. Therefore, it is winter because the birds are flying south.

What you wrote was:
P1. Godless religions are false.
P2. This religion is Godless.
C. This is a false religion because it is Godless.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find a scripture that describes the gospel.
Again the gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ.
Find a scripture that explains or summarizes what that good news is.

"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,"
1 Cor. 15:1-4

dschelpe

Nov 27, 2021
Edegem
Faith
Christian
Country
Belgium
Unless you are promoting the heresy of OSAS, we are not talking about hyper-grace.
On the other hand it is impossible for a Christian to break the Law....because we are not under the Law.
Grace provides forgiveness for those that abide in Christ and do their best to be good and do good. Good as defined by Christ and the Apostles....not Moses.
Christ did say He did not come to break or do away with the Law, but to fulfill the law.
But even as a Christian I ty to put God first, and uphold the 10 Commandments, simply because ... well they are good.

dschelpe

Nov 27, 2021
Edegem
Faith
Christian
Country
Belgium
Interesting question. I never thought of equating something as false if it is not from God. For instance, many Eastern religions like Taoism and Buddhism are not false even though they godless.

Buddhism is essentially an expansion of the 10th Commandment. The prohibition against coveting is not false. But I do agree that A is A; religions not of God are not of God.

I do disagree here and for the following reason, and this is from people who have given this much thought, I simply agree and share:
Buddhism promotes the idea of reaching Godhood or a released state - Nirvana I think? -by oneself, while our belief clearly states that we are lost but for Jesus Christ, Our saviour.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did say He did not come to break or do away with the Law, but to fulfill the law.
But even as a Christian I ty to put God first, and uphold the 10 Commandments, simply because ... well they are good.
Welcome to Belgium! Howdy!
How are things there?
It is amazing that people can say in a single breath can show how little they know about Christianity.
Christ did say he did not come to abolish the Law. Matthew 5:17 But that does not mean the Law has anything to do with Christianity.
How is it that I can say that?

Odds are real good that you do not know the Ten Commandments that God called the Ten Commandments. And what you are referring to...there were 14 not 10.

Now your job is to find out why that is true.

Reactions: dschelpe

dschelpe

Nov 27, 2021
Edegem
Faith
Christian
Country
Belgium
And what you are referring to...there were 14 not 10.

Now your job is to find out why that is true.

I presume you are referring to Ex 20:1-26, while I simply referred to the Ten Commandments to make a distinction between Ex 20 and the 600 + laws that Judaists follow and obey.
As for the 14, are you talking about the Cesidian church?

But simply put, no the Law is not going to deliver us, for each one of us will fail. So, yes, I do put my faith in Jesus Christ, still try to follow and honour the 10 Commandments because like I said, they are good.
His Grace is sufficient, that is true, but still one, I wouldn't know why, can fall away or out.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presume you are referring to Ex 20:1-26, while I simply referred to the Ten Commandments to make a distinction between Ex 20 and the 600 + laws that Judaists follow and obey.
As for the 14, are you talking about the Cesidian church?

But simply put, no the Law is not going to deliver us, for each one of us will fail. So, yes, I do put my faith in Jesus Christ, still try to follow and honour the 10 Commandments because like I said, they are good.
His Grace is sufficient, that is true, but still one, I wouldn't know why, can fall away or out.

The Mosaic Law....613 Laws....
The event at Mt. Sinai was more or less a show. Sounds funny? The first time Yahweh had revealed Himself to the Israelite nation.
Incredible display of power from the mountain top. You could say He scared the tar out of the people. He gave a summary of Laws so they could hear His voice and the display of His power. But it terrified them.

The ten summary of laws that most reference as the Ten Commandments are not what God called the Ten Commandments or what God told Moses to write on the Two Tablets of the Testimony. Each of these summaries are detailed in the body of the 613 Laws. Just for fun, can you find the Ten Commandments that Yahweh designated as the Ten Commandment and said that they would form His Covenant with the nation of Israel and the Ten He told Moses to write on the Tablets.

It constitutes one of the larger and longest lasting misunderstandings in Christianity. But the Jews knew the difference. What they still debate is, besides what Yahweh told Moses to write on the tablets....what else was written on the Tablets?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do disagree here and for the following reason, and this is from people who have given this much thought, I simply agree and share:
Buddhism promotes the idea of reaching Godhood or a released state - Nirvana I think? -by oneself, while our belief clearly states that we are lost but for Jesus Christ, Our saviour.
I understand. It seems to me a matter of MEANS compared to the ENDS. See John 17:22, where Scripture aims us as becoming one with God.

dschelpe

Nov 27, 2021
Edegem
Faith
Christian
Country
Belgium
The Mosaic Law....613 Laws....
Just for fun, can you find the Ten Commandments that Yahweh designated as the Ten Commandment and said that they would form His Covenant with the nation of Israel and the Ten He told Moses to write on the Tablets.

It constitutes one of the larger and longest lasting misunderstandings in Christianity. But the Jews knew the difference. What they still debate is, besides what Yahweh told Moses to write on the tablets....what else was written on the Tablets?
A little shocked and ashamed to have found Ex:34 which is what I presume you were referring to? I wonder how the Ten Commandments were considered Ex;20 then, if my guess is correct.
Was there something else written on the tablets then?

dschelpe

Nov 27, 2021
Edegem
Faith
Christian
Country
Belgium
I understand. It seems to me a matter of MEANS compared to the ENDS. See John 17:22, where Scripture aims us as becoming one with God.
I fear they - i.e. the ones that follow other paths - can be easily led astray. It is even true for a lot of us that call themselves Christians, such as I. I realize I have so much yet to learn. Thirsty and hungry, I thank you. :)

Reactions: Wrangler

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little shocked and ashamed to have found Ex:34 which is what I presume you were referring to? I wonder how the Ten Commandments were considered Ex;20 then, if my guess is correct.
Was there something else written on the tablets then?

Well, I can say welcome to the proud crowd.
How many people think that the ten summary of Laws in chapter 20 are in fact "THE" Ten Commandments.
If it makes you feel better, it took the Jews a little while to catch on....because they refer to them in Deuteronomy 4:13 and 10:4.
But the Mosaic Laws do not apply to Christianity.

Of the ten summaries of laws in chapter 20, a few cannot be a part of Christian beliefs.
The Jewish Sabbath is on Saturday....we do not observe the Jewish Sabbath.
We recognize Yeshua and the Holy Spirit as Gods and that would get you killed in the Old Testament.
The prohibition on engraved images....we do not observe and have blown that out the window.
Women are not listed in the property of men as far as coveting. Of course we should not lust over another man's wife...but it is the way it worded.

Christ did not do away with them....and said nothing about them can change...until all thing are fulfilled.
What does fulfilled mean? That is a debate.
The Jews are not in our Covenant with God....so of course they believe that they are in the "Old Covenant" with God and the Laws still apply to them~~~ of course you have the Talmud and modern beliefs regarding the Mosaic Laws because if you tried to obey them now....you would end up in prison.