Super Bowl Picks Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a great playoff season. A lot of worthy teams battling in their respective divisions.

Yeah.

I was telling someone in private that despite its faults, the product the NFL puts out now is SO good that it's no small wonder they draw more viewers than anything on television. Some could argue that having seven teams in each Conference make the playoffs now (they want to go to eight eventually, btw) is superfluous, and that there aren't that many truly good teams in the league. But even the Bengals/ Raiders game drew something like 28 million viewers. The entertainment value is just too good, and they know exactly what they are doing by continuing to expand the Playoffs.

What remains a marvel to me is how the rest of the world refuses to pick up the sport. I love soccer. It can be boring in stretches compared to American football, but there are these tremendous moments of excitement that pull you out of your seat, and when played really well it's a thing of beauty. But NOTHING on earth compares to the NFL, not college, not basketball or baseball, not the UFC or hockey, or racing or golf. It's the ultimate team sport and takes every single positive attribute known to man to succeed at it; strength, size, speed, height, dexterity & athleticism, intelligence, trickeration (is that how you spell it?), psychological profiling, high-level game planning...

Every four years when the Olympics come around I think, "Great. Every sport on the planet except the best one." :rolleyes: I still enjoy it and all, but I honestly think the rest of the planet has no earthly idea what they're missing.

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh. It would be even better if the Broncos were in it. :(

Buck up, Buckaroo! You have the John Elway glory days. :)

So are they gonna stick with Teddy or no? If not, can we have him back? We went 5 - 0 with Bridgewater at quarterback last year. Or was it the year before...

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buck up, Buckaroo! You have the John Elway glory days. :)

So are they gonna stick with Teddy or no? If not, can we have him back? We went 5 - 0 with Bridgewater at quarterback last year. Or was it the year before...
Not impressed with Teddy B. or Drew Lock. I don't know what they're going to do.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not impressed with Teddy B. or Drew Lock. I don't know what they're going to do.

Well, nobody we had was wildly impressive this year either. But you gotta remember, most of the great ones had at least a few years of mediocrity in the league before they started getting good. Teddy's been around so maybe that doesn't really apply to him, but I noticed that Taysom Hill started getting better and better as the games went on. I wish Sean Payton hadn't run him to death, cuz he eventually wound up getting him injured. But Taysom is a case in point for how it takes guys a while to get fully acclimated.

I'd love to have Russell Wilson, btw, but I don't know if that will happen without completely selling the farm to get him. But apart from something like that, who are we gonna get? It's a crap shoot, pardon the expression. I feel sorry for Carolina, cuz they banked on Sam Darnold, and you saw how that worked out.

I take it you're not a Carolina Panther fan, by the way.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They're my second favorite team. The year they played the Broncos in the Super Bowl was kinda tough, though I knew I would be happy whichever team won.

BTW, the Panthers had Teddy B last year. He was "just good enough to get you beat".

Oh yeah. That's right, Lol. I forgot.

Reactions: Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cincinnati can't block, and they can't run to save their life, but Tennessee is still getting Joe Burrowed, LoL.

Boy was it a fun year at LSU when we had him and Jamar Chase!

Hope Cincinnati wins.

6MEEV5QD6BEO3A6BRXHIDRDLUM.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh!!!!!! Mike Hilton!!!

But with a dumb taunting penalty.... :rolleyes:

But Tennessee better not make any more mistakes or they may be in trouble. Pounding this game out on the ground stops being an option if they get too far behind.