Supernatural Christian Fiction novel advice needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteWaterCatholic

Jul 4, 2019
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Catholic, I am attempting to try my hand at writing a good supernatural Christian fiction novel and am looking for some advice. It's a YA novel with a Christian ecological spin and discusses tricky questions of faith in regards to the paranormal aspect, such as ammortal and immortal souls,the human essence, abstance, the importance of faith in the midst of temptation and uncertainty, and other moral theologies in regards to Catholicism. The story is being told from a Christian perspective and I am trying to use write this novel in a way that the subject matter of the genre is uniquely favorable to presentation of Christian truths. Any advice/insight is appreciated.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I was Catholic in my 50's and changed...

My Catholic religion was not good ! SORRY ! But we did not use the bible and that was
not good !!!!!!!
We just had the prayer books and that was not , what we are being told in this time
and age.........
Most of the new testament was not given...........
So please take a good look !

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a Catholic, I am attempting to try my hand at writing a good supernatural Christian fiction novel and am looking for some advice. It's a YA novel with a Christian ecological spin and discusses tricky questions of faith in regards to the paranormal aspect, such as ammortal and immortal souls,the human essence, abstance, the importance of faith in the midst of temptation and uncertainty, and other moral theologies in regards to Catholicism. The story is being told from a Christian perspective and I am trying to use write this novel in a way that the subject matter of the genre is uniquely favorable to presentation of Christian truths. Any advice/insight is appreciated.

If something is to be Christian it can't come from us...it must be by inspiration from the Holy Spirit...otherwise it is just you mixing in some superstition or religious inflection into a man-inspired story.

Ask God about it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My advice -> don’t do it. Fictionalizing “the real deal” requires speculation and speculation, even if well-intentioned (which is what I think your project is), can easily direct people down the wrong path.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
advice/insight is appreciated.

Most people do not understand Christianity, they think one just has to be good to get to heaven and as ' good ' is never specified, it is assumed that everyone gets to heaven.

So keep the 'Christianity' simple, but that will negate your aim of stressing Catholicism.
It'll depend whether you think Christianity or Catholicism is more important as to how you write.

Reactions: Debp

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a site call "faithwriters" (Christian Author, Christian Publishers, Christian Writer | FaithWriters) - you might want to check out.

All the best, with your novel.