Sustainable Living

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self-sufficiency is not the same as sustainability, which is a buzzword meant to destroy self-sufficiency. A good example is how the forests in California have been destroyed by the climate activists (climate Nazis?) who keep chanting *sustainability*. They actively blocked the clearing and burning of the undergrowth in those forests, when that is an essential part of maintaining the health and viability of forests. Then the fires raged in these forests and people who chose to be self-sufficient had to flee. While millions of trees were burned to the ground for no good reason. No doubt some of these activists were also arsonists.

The New World Order does not want people to be self-sufficient. They want people running to governments for handouts, and that is exactly what Biden is doing right now. Buying votes with handouts, and claiming that *Climate Change* is the biggest hazard facing humanity. Which is total rubbish.
The elite cult has a twisted idea of what "sustainability" means ...such as pushing a bunch of "climate change" mess and enforcing laws to hamper our freedoms. They know they're feeding society a bunch of lies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, off grid is cool, but i'm not talking about that necessarily. I thought off grid meant off the internet too? Anywho, I'm not sure what off grid entails, but I like the idea of minimalist and self-sufficient living.
In my situation I generate my own power with both solar and micro turbine. I gravity feed water for the turbine and living quarters from a small stream that runs up the mountain or down the mountain....depending how you want to view it :) There is no phone reception but I do have a Satellite dish for internet. The closest township is 50 kms.

Now let me say this, if one wants to live like this, you either pay others to set it up or you have the vision and practical ability with prolonged dedication to do it yourself....and once it is set up it is not a matter of set and forget; it requires ongoing maintenance and cost.

Reactions: Tone and TLHKAJ