Switching meds now, could use some prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two types of mental illness that doctors know about, one is situational (which I see that you are addressing here) and the other is clinical. The clinical mental illness they say is caused from a chemical deficiency in the brain or brain damage of some kind. No matter how much counseling or help you get, the clinical mental illness is not going to go away without being fixed, either by the good physician or by earthly physicians. And that is the case for schizophrenics.

I will state this plainly for any readers out there who suffer from mental illness. It is never advisable for a schizophrenic or anyone with a clinical illness to be left untreated by a doctor. It can lead to disastrous consequences. And the only one left to pay the price of making a decision to not be treated is the patient. No one on any forum will take responsibility for what can happen if left untreated.

As far as schizophrenia there is this warning:

"Schizophrenia has been described as the “worst disease” to afflict mankind. It causes psychosis, which is an abnormal state of mind marked by hyperarousal, overactivation of brain circuits, and emotional distress. An untreated episode of psychosis can result in structural brain damage due to neurotoxicity." Is psychosis toxic to the brain?

Dev, I love ya for your honesty and strength. I hope the medicine works well for you.
One time at the hospital, ( I was there for major depression) one of my roommates was schizophrenic. She was in her 2nd year of nursing school when it hit.She thought one of the doctors at the hospital had put microphones in her ears, and was telling her things constantly. That would be terrifying.. The voice told her to kill herself, and I asked her what she did when it said that. She said she called 911. How much it took for her to do that when someone she perceived was in her ear, telling her to do that! I was so proud of her for calling. That has got to be a nightmare. A few weeks later, she was a different person. It is amazing with medicine can do.

I've said it a ton of times, and I'll say it again--you are one of, if not, my very favorite poster here.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get agoraphobia when i stay in or haven't done something in a while.

If I drive, then I'm scared for awhile.Then if i do it daily, I'm fine. Take me away from it for a bit, and I'm scared again. I get shaky and ultra paranoid.

When i started college, I had to weigh if i was gonna let it get the best of me, or overcome it so I could go. IO chose to overcome, even forced my self when I went to the student lounge, to ask people i did not know if i could sit with them. (I can't believe I did that, but i was never turned down, and made a bunch of friends)
I suffer from that too. I drive and just say a prayer to God that he will deliver me there and back and if it comes up I say the prayer more. When I was a kid or younger anyways, I drove like a maniac and fearlessly did everything. My agoraphobia came after experiencing a few horrifically painful medical problems. I won't explain further to not promote the fear in readers. But they were temporary medical problems so I'm OK now but left with the fear. It also goes away as I drive more and am more active, which I'm working on with my doctor. Which is part of the reason I am switching meds. So I can be more active again.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, I love ya for your honesty and strength. I hope the medicine works well for you.
One time at the hospital, ( I was there for major depression) one of my roommates was schizophrenic. She was in her 2nd year of nursing school when it hit.She thought one of the doctors at the hospital had put microphones in her ears, and was telling her things constantly. That would be terrifying.. The voice told her to kill herself, and I asked her what she did when it said that. She said she called 911. How much it took for her to do that when someone she perceived was in her ear, telling her to do that! I was so proud of her for calling. That has got to be a nightmare. A few weeks later, she was a different person. It is amazing with medicine can do.

I've said it a ton of times, and I'll say it again--you are one of, if not, my very favorite poster here.
That sounds very familiar. One time I called the FBI for similar reasons. It is strange how the ideas of schizophrenia come out similar if not the same. One of the common delusions that schizophrenics suffer in a paranoid way is that someone is poisoning their food. But given the example you gave and the example I gave, you can see that if for some reason they take matters into their own hands they can become aggressive and potentially dangerous. Which is one of the reasons I posted that.

Thanks for your support, it means a lot to me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I been here on the forum since I woke up at 2am this morning.
I will be getting ready to visit dad shortly,, and when I get back I will be back in the forum searching out the wonderful truths and mysteries of God.
Politics has left the building. I have no interest in it at this time. And that's pretty much all I watch anyways, which is nothing but a den of theives and hateful birds fighting amongst themselves and trying to bring us all under their wing.
I watch and am sober, so when these things come to pass I am ready to defend my position in the Lord with the armour of God he has supplied me with.
But right now I have to sit at his feet and listen closely because things are coming to an end very quickly.
Not only in the physical world but the spiritual even more.
Because first God speaks it, sets it in motion by the spirit then is manifested in the flesh.
So the Spirit is far beyond or ahead what we are seeing manifested in the world right now.
Which means the Kingdom of Heaven is closer than we think.
And I don't like surprises..
:D
Hugs

Visit your dad with reminiscing of times that were happy for him, times you may not know about that were happy or funny when he was a kid.
And yes, as well, I believe the world is going bonkers, Gods anger waxing, just as our own at the crazy crap. But, But But…do not forget, the Lord has “already” in His “accounting” “His book of Life” written your Name that you “already” DELIVERED, and you have NO appointment with HIS WRATH!
You WILL LIKE that surprise when it becomes manifested…Gods Word which is always faithful and true.

Col 1:
[13] Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1Thes.1
[10] And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

PS…please tell your dad, a stranger is thinking of him, loving him and blessing him this day.

God Bless You and yours,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suffer from that too. I drive and just say a prayer to God that he will deliver me there and back and if it comes up I say the prayer more. When I was a kid or younger anyways, I drove like a maniac and fearlessly did everything. My agoraphobia came after experiencing a few horrifically painful medical problems. I won't explain further to not promote the fear in readers. But they were temporary medical problems so I'm OK now but left with the fear. It also goes away as I drive more and am more active, which I'm working on with my doctor. Which is part of the reason I am switching meds. So I can be more active again.

We all have a hesitancy to drive full well knowing people routinely inexperienced drivers, under the influence of a drug, looking through their phones, etc….
I call on the Lords Angels assigned to be to be with me when I drive….

Pss 91:
[11] For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Heb 1:
[14] Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two types of mental illness that doctors know about, one is situational (which I think is being discussed a little here) and the other is clinical. The clinical mental illness they say is caused from a chemical deficiency in the brain or brain damage of some kind. No matter how much counseling or help you get, the clinical mental illness is not going to go away without being fixed, either by the good physician or by earthly physicians. And that is the case for schizophrenics.

I will state this plainly for any readers out there who suffer from mental illness. It is never advisable for a schizophrenic or anyone with a clinical illness to be left untreated by a doctor. It can lead to disastrous consequences. And the only one left to pay the price of making a decision to not be treated is the patient. No one on any forum will take responsibility for what can happen if left untreated.

As far as schizophrenia there is this warning:

"Schizophrenia has been described as the “worst disease” to afflict mankind. It causes psychosis, which is an abnormal state of mind marked by hyperarousal, overactivation of brain circuits, and emotional distress. An untreated episode of psychosis can result in structural brain damage due to neurotoxicity." Is psychosis toxic to the brain?

God Bless you friend,
Taken

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was another that used to frequent here in the non-christian threads. I.O.U
I havent seen them for awhile but I think about him often. I believe he spoke to me about the same kind of things you are speaking of Dev.
I believe he lived in Australia and was living day to day whichever way the wind blew.
He talked about not having his meds and how dificult it was for him to stay focused.
We are only here temporarily, thatwhich awaits us is much more comforting and peaceful.
Looking to that day where as Paul said:
2Co 5:4
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was another that used to frequent here in the non-christian threads. I.O.U
I havent seen them for awhile but I think about him often. I believe he spoke to me about the same kind of things you are speaking of Dev.
I believe he lived in Australia and was living day to day whichever way the wind blew.
He talked about not having his meds and how dificult it was for him to stay focused.
We are only here temporarily, thatwhich awaits us is much more comforting and peaceful.
Looking to that day where as Paul said:
2Co 5:4
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Hugs
Thanks Ziggy and I remember IOU.

Yes the schizophrenic voices can take over the mind and distract you from tasks. My sister who I help can't even hold a conversation. She lives in a nursing home. I take her out of her place to visit Dad weekly which is nice.

Before I got back on my meds I almost burned down the house twice cooking. I couldn't remember I was cooking because my mind was so consumed by the voices and arguing with them. Grease smoke filled the place and I almost died in it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctor agreed to switch my meds. I talked to him and I think it was close between just writing another letter to the courts to convince them I am disabled or trying a different medication. He decided to let me try a previous medication again.

My dizzy-hallucinating spells are disabling, traumatic and started around the same time I got on the meds I'm on now. They are a normal symptom of my bipolar schizophrenia and happen when I'm not medicated as well.

I'm trying an older medication again that I was on years ago when I could work. Back then the meds stopped the episodes. It is a sedating med so I convinced my doctor that I could take it at twice the dose I used to when my schizophrenia was new. It shouldn't be too sedating at that dosage.

I feel hope again and like there may be a chance I can work again. But it is a gamble really as to whether or not the episodes will continue on the new meds. If they do continue than I think he might write me another note to the SSI judge for my disability.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

There may be some trouble decreasing the meds and then slowly increasing the next med. So prayers that I don't go completely insane are helpful during this time which is a month or two.

Praying for you, Dev, my friend.
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctor agreed to switch my meds. I talked to him and I think it was close between just writing another letter to the courts to convince them I am disabled or trying a different medication. He decided to let me try a previous medication again.

My dizzy-hallucinating spells are disabling, traumatic and started around the same time I got on the meds I'm on now. They are a normal symptom of my bipolar schizophrenia and happen when I'm not medicated as well.

I'm trying an older medication again that I was on years ago when I could work. Back then the meds stopped the episodes. It is a sedating med so I convinced my doctor that I could take it at twice the dose I used to when my schizophrenia was new. It shouldn't be too sedating at that dosage.

I feel hope again and like there may be a chance I can work again. But it is a gamble really as to whether or not the episodes will continue on the new meds. If they do continue than I think he might write me another note to the SSI judge for my disability.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

There may be some trouble decreasing the meds and then slowly increasing the next med. So prayers that I don't go completely insane are helpful during this time which is a month or two.
Praying for you.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does inspire doctors and medicine. Get with the 21st century BBJ. That post comes across like it's derived from a cult. The kind of cult that are evil because they get people hurt.

Anybody watching the news can see the affect of mental health problems that go untreated.

Imagine if everyone stopped going to doctors. It would be population reduction. Isn't that Q'Anon stuff BBJ.
Sometimes God does heal but other times people do go to the doctors.

I take a Thyroid medication as I have a slightly underactive Thyroid. After starting the medication, my tiredness left. So I am glad the doctor discovered it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is a "PRAYER FORUM! NOT A DISCUSSION FORUM! Prayers only please! :offt: I will remove all the non prayer discussions from this thread! Please create another thread if you wish to discuss this topic without it being associated with praying...

Reactions: dev553344