TBN, Make-up, and the BBN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took my dad to church in April after working third shift…

1. Northstar at 9AM
2. Dwelling Place at 10AM
3. Subway around noon

As I was worn out after a day of that I dropped dad off at the house and headed home. His lasts words to me were, ”Are you trying to impress with those stained pants?” As this was typical dad I had no reason to believe anything was wrong and went home and rested. Came back the next day and he was lying on the floor post stroke. He was the next week in the hospital before departing this world. The only religious channel on the hospital network was TBN with their many talk shows…

1. Way too much make-up on the women
2. Conversations beginning… The way I feel…
3. Conversations continuing… After my third marriage I began to realize…

I would turn the TV volume down and play BBN on the cell phone praying countless prayers as I did. I stayed with dad a couple of hours after his last breath playing the BBN and in prayer until the hospital staff came to clean him up. After giving me a strange look I told them, “From my hands to yours” and left the scene.

I was very disappointed with the TBN after going through all of that.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another woman who over did the make-up…

And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window. - 2 Kings 9:30

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember.. listening the Christian radio broadcasting..
- during the early days of my spiritual journey.
- in 1970's.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t normally watch TV and the TBN was too much for me. A little research after the terrible events I went through revealed also that Joyce Meyer got plastic surgery and many of her supporters were upset over the waste of supporter money. After just looking at her made me want to turn off the hospital TV all together..

joyce-meyers-message-tattoos.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been a decade or so since I have dealt with death in the family. Back in those days they would have TV preachers like fellow Virginian Charles Stanley, in which I have had family members get saved after listening to. I was very much surprised on how much Christian TV has changed in the last decade. After the rough week at the hospital I have thought about my position on the issues…

1. Make-up - I would not mention as not to discourage
2. Tattoo’s - I also would not mention as not to discourage

But… If asked about it…

1. Make-up - I would say to go easy on it
2. Tattoo’s - I would warn that those things do not come off easy and not to get something you may not want later on in life. No recommendations from me!

To listen to Joyce Meyers positions on tattoos and make-up as things recommended to show one’s defiance of legalism…

She also puts this as something God has said when in fact it was Joyce’s opinion on the matter. I was glad to have had the ability to turn the so-called Christian TV off and tune into the bbnradio.org during the time.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was one week at the hospital with dad post stroke. We had family fly in and had a good show up with all kinds of visitors, many of which unsaved. The TBN was to me embarrassing and did not help the visitors doubts towards Christianity. Here is a comparison of Joyce Meyer pre-tatoo and pre- plastic surgery. I had no problem with her pre-tatoo. Well, now the life of my dad is put behind me I return to work and do not see any need for TV as I have my hands full. I do plan on returning to listening to bbnradio and hope the Lord allows me to make a generous donation once the estate business is over with.

e6e8d68d95d93b8e956abafcc1cd600a.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would enter the hospital and the first thing I would do was to look up the only Christian channel on their network, TBN. When I would leave the medical staff or fellow family members would turn the channel to something else, or turn the TV off all together. That was the first time I had felt God in the last week of someones life as unimportant. I had meditated on the following scriptures many times since that fateful week...

The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, - Deuteronomy 28:56

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts... - 2 Timothy 3:6

The leader of our men's bible study left last week for Florida where he has a granddaughter who will be getting married. The last time he saw her he described her as "unrecognizable." I could imagine the changes she had made and did not ask for any photos. Well... That is the world in which we live in! I remain fearful of men's souls, especially after having went through all of that.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t normally watch TV and the TBN was too much for me. A little research after the terrible events I went through revealed also that Joyce Meyer got plastic surgery and many of her supporters were upset over the waste of supporter money. After just looking at her made me want to turn off the hospital TV all together..

That lady was false a long , long time before she even got the plastic surgery .
My advice remains the same . I call for an exodus from all strange doctrines of men gone wrong
and an entrodus back into THE BIBLE by which a lamb shall grow wise unto salvation through FAITH IN THAT JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was one week at the hospital with dad post stroke. We had family fly in and had a good show up with all kinds of visitors, many of which unsaved. The TBN was to me embarrassing and did not help the visitors doubts towards Christianity. Here is a comparison of Joyce Meyer pre-tatoo and pre- plastic surgery. I had no problem with her pre-tatoo. Well, now the life of my dad is put behind me I return to work and do not see any need for TV as I have my hands full. I do plan on returning to listening to bbnradio and hope the Lord allows me to make a generous donation once the estate business is over with.

e6e8d68d95d93b8e956abafcc1cd600a.jpg
She was false long before her tattoe . I call for an all out exodus . COME YE out from amongst them
be YE HOLY and partake not of their doctrines nor their sins . ENTER THOU in that HOLY BIBLE
and let us all learn THAT GOD , THAT CHRIST and all sound doctrine by which we will no longer be tossed to and fro
by the likes of these folks and their doctrines . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I turned her off a long time before her plastic surgery . her doctrines have been deadly for years . I could not stomach
TBN doctrines after the GRACE o GOD came upon me . The kennys and the bennys were turned off
and page by page the bible was continually read . The rick warrens and seeker friendly were fled
as day by day the pages of the bible were turned and read continually . and now these many years later
my cry is the same , COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST THEM and their doctrine . partake not of their sins
of their doctrines of their love of money and the cares and pleasures in life which CHOKE THE WORD .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I turned her off a long time before her plastic surgery . her doctrines have been deadly for years . I could not stomach
TBN doctrines after the GRACE o GOD came upon me . The kennys and the bennys were turned off
and page by page the bible was continually read . The rick warrens and seeker friendly were fled
as day by day the pages of the bible were turned and read continually . and now these many years later
my cry is the same , COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST THEM and their doctrine . partake not of their sins
of their doctrines of their love of money and the cares and pleasures in life which CHOKE THE WORD .
God bless my friend... And... God help us!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She was false long before her tattoe . I call for an all out exodus . COME YE out from amongst them
be YE HOLY and partake not of their doctrines nor their sins . ENTER THOU in that HOLY BIBLE
and let us all learn THAT GOD , THAT CHRIST and all sound doctrine by which we will no longer be tossed to and fro
save-image.png

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
save-image.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't watch TBN either i found out what they were preaching it's preety sad :(
Indeed it is . Would you like to know what saddens me more than TBN itself . THE UNTOLD NUMBER
that love to heed the lies and follow it .
The leaders teach lies and worse the people love to have it so . This world is in a mess my friend .
Would you like to know what is even worse than that . SO ARE MOST CHURCHES .
THE VERY LIGHT most claim to FOLLOW , the very CHRIST they claim to follow , the very GOD they claim to follow
IS NONE OF THE ABOVE . Its the god who DESIRES and DESIRED to be as GOD . The very dragon
they claim to hate , THEY LOVE and embrace .
THE GOD < HIS CHRIST many claim to love , THEY HATE . OH i would indeed agree , THIS BE VERY SAD DAYS my friend .
But the lambs march on , we shall point TO CHRIST , in hopes some will repent .

Reactions: shortangel

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter defining a good woman...

1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. - 1 Peter 3

No need for make-up or tattoos! A good heart is all that is required! And... We have an example!

36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.
43 And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner. - Acts 9

Dorcas "Tabitha" ... One good woman!

Dorcas.jpg

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can still visit Dorcas/Tabatha's tomb today!

Reactions: shortangel