TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I got really tired of people hawking products under a Christian umbrella.

Like Jim Baker always hawking a product as if it is the be all - end all of things to have, while trying to incorporate a Christian theme.

It really bothered me until I remembered that I own a remote...

timf

Jan 1, 2011
I remember the first time I saw TBN. I had just gotten cable installed and was going through all of the channels. I had never heard of TBN before and saw Paul and Jan sitting on the most gaudy elevated throne-like chairs I had even seen. My first thought was this has to be the tackiest country and western show ever made. It was only latter that I discovered that it was supposed to be a Christian show.

I suppose that if more air time is given to merchandise, less time will be spent trying to convince Christians that God is a magic genie who grants wishes.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if Christians boycotted TV? What a great witness that would be against consumerism! I will tell you this - I gave up TV over a year ago and I do not miss it at all - in fact, I am a lot less stressed out.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Looking forward to, "Richard Simmons sweatin to the bible" or even better "7 minute abstinence"

I think god hates TV unless it's growing pains because Kirk Cameron knows the way of the master.\

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The saddest thing about TBN is that there are those that are believers that send them money to stay on the air and make billions. Most non believers can see Paul and Jan Crouch as phony immediately however scores that are believers do not have the discernment to see them for what they are.

Personally I never could watch them. The first time I ever saw them it turned my stomach and I have not tried to watch them in years but I believe that they would today as well if I did. Some how I want to think that they started out right and got totally off track somewhere to make them end up where they are today.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like listening to Benny Hinn and Chuck Smith... although I think Benny teaches a little bit more sound doctrine...

Oh man......Robbie...Robbie!!! Not Benny Hinn (I would take Miss Piggy any day - sorry Hammer)

I worked for an arena that hosted Benny Hinn in Fresno (don't get me started on the agony of living in Fresno)
People were lined up around the block for 2 miles - all day - 115 degree heat - in hospital beds - I am not kidding!
Hinn refused to pay for outhouses - most people already knew this so they brought jars and left them for us to clean up.
The majority of the hospital beds got turned away after waiting 12 hours because they were only allowed in the far back of the stadium by Hinn. He only heals the healthy.

I have to be honest - after seeing that production - I agreed with the protesters that follow him from town to town - he is a viper.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah... because God wants us to suffer not prosper as would any good father...

Robbie God does not want us to suffer by any stretch of the imagination. HOWEVER, Benny Hinn is a hoax. He rides the world in his jet living like a king while people all over the world do without to support this lifestyle. I am as Pentecostal in my beliefs as most I know and I refuse to listen to him or give him anything.

Check out come of the things on the net about him and his relationship with Paula White. Yes I know who has the pics. They are the same ones however that blew the lid off of John Edwards and some other prominent affairs.

The prosperity Gospel that is preached by this crowd is about greed not prosperity. He should be put in jail for fraud. paul and Jan Crouch should be put in jail for fraud as well.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I met him. I worry about the people who believe in him.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
For anyone like that I kind of look at it as the same... despite who they are personally if anyone actually gets introduced to Christ through their testifying that's good... on the other hand if anyone is offended at Christ because of who they are personally that's not good... but they're the ones that are going to have to stand before God and give account of themselves... as for me I don't follow any of them... as for Benny I like listening to him talk... mainly because he reminds me of count dracula... haha

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Yeah... because God wants us to suffer not prosper as would any good father...

-- Robbie, you know better than that. Of course God wants us to prosper.
But He wants us to prosper only when we are able to HANDLE that prosperity so it won't/doesn't interfere with our relationship with Him.

But I am with Aspen on this one. Benny Hinn is a huckster.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Com'mom Robbie! lol
When Foreigner and I agree....it means something....

God wants us to prevail.....not prosper.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I guess that depends on what people see as prospering... to me prospering isn't a bad thing... to me prospering is having life and that more abundantly... I think people who use God as a way to come up off people has given the word "prosper" a bad name... because their prosperity gospel usually means them prospering off God's name by using Him as a means of gain... and I think it's wrong for me personally to use God to come up off people... but I would say not understand that God is our gain is equally as wrong... every good thing in my life is from God... so how I can deny my prosperity that comes from Him... since every bit of life I have is from Him...

I mean John Himself said, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers."

That to me doesn't mean you use the name of God to manipulate everyone into giving you money... it just means that John wants us to prosper in everything and be healthy the same way our souls do...

Is there anyone who loves someone that doesn't want them to prosper and be healthy? Is there any good parent that wants their kid to be sick and broke?

I don't have any problem with that understanding because I really took to heart everytime Jesus pointed out that we should understand our Father is good... if we ask Him for an egg He won't give us a snake and all that stuff.

And just because some people twist the scriptures into meaning we should give them our money so they can prosper doesn't mean I shouldn't give God all the credit for my prosperity...

But that's just me... I believe everything good in my life is from God... I don't see God as a means of gain like it's OK for me to create some business using His name so I can make money but I do realize that everything about God is gain to me because every bit of life I have has been given to me by Him...

Make sense?