Telling people about Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a great testimony. I used to go out with church members and preach to the people that were prospecting the church. It was a great experience. I don't preach at work as I feel it's inappropriate and I got fired for it once. But to each their own.

I understand, and even understand about getting fired for tell people about Jesus Christ at work. Persecution is guaranteed. Yet we, they, and everyone needs Jesus Christ and perhaps never more so than at our work!!!!

In Proverbs we read about the Lord being called Wisdom, and Understanding - and where do we need Wisdom and Understanding the most in our lives??

Yeah - our pastors, preachers, and teachers, might cover things from Wisdom and Understanding at church but the use for Wisdom and Understanding is really needed in our relationships and in our work!!!

I can tell you the number of times I had to talk to the Lord about the computers at work to know what to do. I would have Him help me organize what I was going plan my work for the day. He has often told me what were the best clothes to wear to work, and I would have on my best work clothes when the district or regional managers would pop into the store and have on my older work clothes when I had to help unload trucks.

If I could get everyone listening to the Lord at work they all would be more efficient, have better ideas, and we all would be better off for it.

I love testimonies and there are some great one out there. Peanut butter apparently came from a man that ask the Lord for a better idea and was told how to make peanut butter. I read a testimony in a book where a Christian engineer involved in building the Hoover dam which was going to need better bushing to go under the wires which would have more electricity than ever before. He asked God and got the answer. He can help us in so many ways if we just seek Him!!

One day the Lord had me going around yard sales, which He often did on Saturdays to help me learn to talk to Him and trust Him. He had me pull up and a certain sale and while still in the car He told me this little girl at the sale like talking to Him. He told me to ask her about it. Her mom of course we up there next to her and I was feeling pretty awkward thinking I needed to ask that little girl about hearing from the Lord. Yet when I got up to where they were at it turned out that the little girls was selling little bead brackets with "Jesus" spelled out in them. That make it not so awkward asking her if she ever heard Him talking to her. "Yes" she explained. In fact just the prior day she had misplaced a toy she like and had asked Jesus where it was. He told her where, and that is where it was. She explained.

The point is; that if that little girl is smart enough and has enough faith to hear and answer to help her find a toy how much more should we be using Him, and advising others to seek Him, so that our jobs go better???

But Yeah - still people influenced by evil spirits are going to probably get us fired for telling people at work. That happened once to me, then at the next job He gave me parables because with their ears they didn't hear what was going on around them in the heavens/spiritual realm. That is what Jesus explained to His disciples. That kept me from getting fired at the next job, then after that the Lord had me open up a Christians bookstore for Him and He has had me self employed since then.

Reactions: Wynona