Terrorist Attack in NZ...49 dead...so far.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

also it challenges our fears, and attitude to this life compared to eternity. We fear what we could lose , will lose , and do our utmost to cling on and protect.
Sorry cannot type much as I am on a bus - its a bit bumpy !!!! Lol

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

also it challenges our fears, and attitude to this life compared to eternity. We fear what we could lose , will lose , and do our utmost to cling on and protect.
Sorry cannot type much as I am on a bus - its a bit bumpy !!!! Lol
Yes, that is interesting. The builders of Babel were motivated purely by self-preservation. Can we Christians be building another Babel by our constant condemnation and exclusion of an entire group of people based on the evil behaviour of a few...remember, our own "Christian" forbears were not that reluctant to shed innocent blood purely on the basis of their doctrinal differences. Babylon the Great is a religious edifice who uses the state power to legislate religious practice, then persecuting, even killing, those she disagrees with...I see Christianity being more intimately related to her than Islam or any other religion.

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just reminds me, I'm in the Lord's army. Any loss of life is sad. I was so upset when they were bombing the budda's carved in the mountainside, don't understand why I can't cry for these people. I hope our Father forgives my callousness.

(Deleted because I was receiving sphincter messages that day)

I truely am sorry for them.. for so many reasons.

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what many of you are saying, but the bottom line is whether or not we agree with this kind of action or not- as Christian do we agree with the actions of this killer ?
Just because Christians have been attacked, just because the western world has been impacted , does it mean that ' we agree ' with what they are doing and consider it okay to do the same back.

I am not sure I could answer no to your question at this time

B

Butterfly

I am not sure I could answer no to your question at this time
It's better than saying what you think people want to hear. All of us feel differently about different people during our lifetimes. I must admit that I have more compassion now than I use to have.
Rita

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a complex issue.

Murderers should be hunted down and I believe in the death penalty.

But I also have to ask why people belong to a religion as bloodied as Islam? It reduces my sympathy to a degree.

As a vet who worked in intelligence and am a student of the Bible I recognize the first times when the only answer is to exterminate the people causing the issues.

The Koran says Christians and Jews must convert or die.

But there are Muslims who are rejected by of the most for not being true Muslims because they do not uphold this belief.

As in Puerto Rico military personnel were warned where they could go and when. Muslim extremists there loved banana knives. Still true to an extent today.

They even attacked us on Guam.

My point is compassion should have a limit. It did in the Bible.

We live in a world where it is hard to figure out who we are safe with and who not.

Don't seek but be prepared to deal with it if it seeks you.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is simply amazing that no one in the West has the integrity and wisdom to deal with the Muslim issue properly.

It is crazy to see how much Christians like to demonize Muslims.

A couple of points.

The West is secular, largely. Religion does not pay a part in politics, yet islam is a social/religious political system. it covers every aspect of life. This is something our politians are not used to and don't know how to deal with.

Christians are people and the react to the news and to the information they have. The news does not paint muslims in a good way.

An interesting contrast.
noticed how the polititans and ordinary people in the 'West' have identified the victims as part of society, they are citizens with rights etc.

Now compare how the politians react to the various massacre of minorities and other religious groups by the dominant group.
There those being killed, displaced are not citzens, are second class and do not have full rights under the law.

The difference is the influence of Christianity.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of points.

The West is secular, largely. Religion does not pay a part in politics, yet islam is a social/religious political system. it covers every aspect of life. This is something our politians are not used to and don't know how to deal with.

Christians are people and the react to the news and to the information they have. The news does not paint muslims in a good way.

An interesting contrast.
noticed how the polititans and ordinary people in the 'West' have identified the victims as part of society, they are citizens with rights etc.

Now compare how the politians react to the various massacre of minorities and other religious groups by the dominant group.
There those being killed, displaced are not citzens, are second class and do not have full rights under the law.

The difference is the influence of Christianity.

Liberal talking points.

B

brakelite

Encouraging that Australia recognises this as an attack against a nation...not just a religious group. BBUS1IP.jpg

Reactions: Butterfly

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Incidents" like this are always challenging to our worldview. It challenges us to think and act in ways that we would normally not consider...not because we don't know theoretically what we ought to do, but because we don't ever think "it will happen to us", therefore we don't consider acting appropriately would ever be necessary. People in war-torn countries that have suffered decades of strife, civil war, face this issue every day. As Christians we are called upon...obligated...to love our enemies. Doing that...and in the sense that God intends for us to love...is something many people have to choose every day of the lives. We here in the west have little conception and we sit back and spew our hatred at all those who insult us or offend us even to the slightest degree while Christians elsewhere are praying for...feeding...sharing the gospel with those who a few days previous killed their children or decimated their village. But we need to take careful heed to what is going on around us. The 4 angels are slowly letting go of the four winds and the war and strife is no longer limited to the African and Middle Eastern nations. Terrorism...civil strife...rioting...hatred and mindless vindictiveness and murder has for several years now become irrevocably mainstream fare for western nations as well as those outside of the so-called "first world status". We need to seriously consider our hearts and minds before it becomes too late. We need now to choose whom and how we serve. Not loving our enemies is not an option.

We are not obligated to love our enemies. And, islam is not my enemy, it is the enemy of God. There is a difference. (Josh. 5:13-14) "...Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come....." This Captain of the Host of the LORD was telling Joshua that Joshua's enemies were not why he was come. He came because they are God's enemies.

If these incidents challenge your world view, then your world view is pretty shaky. What does islam expect? They come to every country to take over that country. They have been killing millions of people for years for not being muslim. Their goal is to subjugate you under their shariah law and when they get the numbers they will kill you and others for disobeying it. What do they or you expect? islam is the enemy of every country in the world. And they should be viewed as such. But they come in under the radar through their 'religion' status.

They, (islam) will milk this event for all it's worth. They will play to the bleeding hearts of liberals, both secular and Christian. Not only will they demand sympathy for islam, but will demand to take away all guns. And of course the bleeding hearts will cry for them. It looks good on TV. Yet how many churches have they blown up? How many heads have they cut off and some on live TV?

If you want to blame someone, blame the countries that allow islam in their country. Blame the people who support islam in their country. So, do I have any sympathy for them. No. Not a drop. They started this killing due to islam. So they shouldn't be whining when it comes back on them. Do you think they will stop blowing people up around the world who are not in agreement with islam? Of course not. Yet they want a tear when it comes back to them.

I am not advocating blowing up mosques. But neither am I surprised nor do I care if a mosque is blown up. When you throw a rattlesnake in a room full of people, are you going to surprised when someone kills it? That poor snake.

Stranger

B

brakelite

yy
We are not obligated to love our enemies. And, islam is not my enemy, it is the enemy of God.
If we have the holy Spirit abiding within, we will love our enemies. Why is this? Because while we were yet sinners, and enemies of God, Christ died for us. If you do not get the correlation, you don't understand the very fundamentals of the Christian faith.
Islam, as a religion, is an enemy, for it deceives and teaches lies and persuades members of God's creation to practice acts of violence and evil that is an abomination both to God and man. But those individual members of the Islamic faith praying in their mosque in NZ were not snakes. They were taxi drivers...labourers...clerks...truck drivers...teachers , parents, and students, and they had as much right to life as you do, despite the fact that certain 'Christians' go about murdering others because they aren't Christian. It wasn't until the late 18th century that even Protestant America officially recognised that persecuting other Christians for not being "orthodox" was against the most basic of human rights. Some who died in Christchurch were children, the youngest being 3yo...there is yet a 4yo fighting for his life in ICU.
I am not advocating blowing up mosques.
The moment you began writing the above post partly justifying the attack as something 'deserved' by those who were killed, you did indeed advocate the "blowing up of mosques".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yy
If we have the holy Spirit abiding within, we will love our enemies. Why is this? Because while we were yet sinners, and enemies of God, Christ died for us. If you do not get the correlation, you don't understand the very fundamentals of the Christian faith.
Islam, as a religion, is an enemy, for it deceives and teaches lies and persuades members of God's creation to practice acts of violence and evil that is an abomination both to God and man. But those individual members of the Islamic faith praying in their mosque in NZ were not snakes. They were taxi drivers...labourers...clerks...truck drivers...teachers , parents, and students, and they had as much right to life as you do, despite the fact that certain 'Christians' go about murdering others because they aren't Christian. It wasn't until the late 18th century that even Protestant America officially recognised that persecuting other Christians for not being "orthodox" was against the most basic of human rights. Some who died in Christchurch were children, the youngest being 3yo...there is yet a 4yo fighting for his life in ICU.

The moment you began writing the above post partly justifying the attack as something 'deserved' by those who were killed, you did indeed advocate the "blowing up of mosques".

That is what I said. islam is an enemy of God. It hates our God and Jesus Christ. This is why it blows up churches and beheads Christians. Those individual members of islam are islam. They make up islam. You cannot differentiate between them and islam.

Rights have nothing to do with it. All the people islalm has killed had a right also. So what? How many children have islam killed? You don't know and don't care. You just want to love everybody.

Well, then....The moment you began writing that islam and muslims are to be loved, then you are supporting their blowing up of churches and beheading of Christians. You are indeed advocating that. Now don't say you don't...cause you do.

Stranger

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is all very well to criticise Muslims because they have no intention of upholding the constitution. I get that. I think the constitution of the US is a magnificent document along with the bill of rights, but let us at least be consistent. You do not have to go far beck in recorded history (I'm talking decades, not centuries) to find that the Vatican has often expressed its antipathy toward the constitution...shall we ban Catholics from public office? Or ban Catholic educated politicians from public office? First, you would end up with one sitting judge on the supreme court, and 3/4 of the senate and congress would empty.
@Enoch111 while I agree that our politicians are mostly empty headed self serving glory seekers, to ban the innocent alomg with the extremists is totally unbiblical. Freedom of worship, wherever that may be, must be upheld at all costs...even for our enemies....and I would defend to the death a Muslim's right to worship because should I deny him, I give tacit permission for anyone to deny me.
What few realise is that kiwis are a unique lot for the most part. We do not see this attack so much on Islam in general or Muslims in particular...those people in those mosques wre our neighbours, possibly our friends. We bought groceries at their shops...rode in their taxis....climbed onto their buses...went to school with and possibly taught their children....this attack was against all of us. It was an attack against New Zealand. And we're hurting.

* It was a horrible crime against humanity, @brakelite, and I am sorry it has taken place on your home soil. We are all members of the human race, and this is mass murder. The death of one person is a tragedy, but when multiplied to this extent, by the hand of man, it goes beyond tragedy, it is a crime of great magnitude, and should incur the death penalty.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

B

brakelite

@Stranger I know you have read this before, perhaps you need a reminder.
KJV Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

those folk who were killed were my neighbours. Now you can pass by on the other side of the road if you like, and write them off as Samaritans and sinners, deserving whatever they get.
The time is soon to be upon us when ALL NATIONS shall hate us because of Jesus's name. And many of those nations will be calling themselves Christian. What are you going to do then?

Reactions: aspen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger I know you have read this before, perhaps you need a reminder.
KJV Matthew 5
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

those folk who were killed were my neighbours. Now you can pass by on the other side of the road if you like, and write them off as Samaritans and sinners, deserving whatever they get.
The time is soon to be upon us when ALL NATIONS shall hate us because of Jesus's name. And many of those nations will be calling themselves Christian. What are you going to do then?

I don't blame you for changing your avatar. I wouldn't want to show my face either.

You're such a 'good man'. You just 'love' everyone. Well, you're love for your neighbor muslim makes you an advocate for beheading of Christians. By your own words. So, help your neighbor muslim cut off the heads of Christians, and call yourself good.

All nations hate the Christians now. You however are siding with the enemy of God that makes you look good in front of the world. You're a coward, like most of 'christianity' today.

Stranger

Reactions: Enoch111

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m really still stunned that New Zealand was finally (yes, I was expecting it although not really believing it might happen) used by the secret powers of this world, especially in the West and Israel to further their hate crimes and to further its agenda of pro-fake-Israel and fake Christianity against innocent Muslims, not militants. It is alarming. It tells me these powers are getting very impatient in their agenda to continue in killing and wars in the Middle East. I suspect they do not like Trump’s latest common sense and Anti-Middle-East war stance.

In America it really began with catalyzing event of 911 and the phony government story of what happened, sprayed all over the media. Elements of America, Israel and Britain were involved in that one. They killed about 3000 innocent people.

And then in this massacre to use an Australian bloke to further their plans of hate. Yes, I believe he did not completely work alone, especially having the means for the types of weapons in his possession. Yes, in NZ you can semi-automatic rifles. Now the PM is calling to ban them. How convenient.

And then there is his so-called manifesto. It reminds me of the fake Ted Kaczynski manifesto dubbed the so-called Unabomber. I know quite a lot on that subject and the government was heavily complicit in that one as well.

This Aussie had help. I’m very confident of it. There were 1 to 4 other ‘alleged’ accomplices identified and not charged.

New Zealand does not deserve this. And then Australia gets the blame in a sense.

They are peaceful folks, the place where I grew up, my New Zealand. The greatest crime in my town was rape of a teenager.

If this can happen to 'little' out-of-way NZ, then what is next on their agenda?

Bless New Zealand and Australia at this time. True believers must persevere in prayer and unity.

APAK

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I’m really still stunned that New Zealand was finally (yes, I was expecting it although not really believing it might happen) used by the secret powers of this world, especially in the West and Israel to further their hate crimes and to further its agenda of pro-fake-Israel and fake Christianity against innocent Muslims, not militants. It is alarming. It tells me these powers are getting very impatient in their agenda to continue in killing and wars in the Middle East. I suspect they do not like Trump’s latest common sense and Anti-Middle-East war stance.

In America it really began with catalyzing event of 911 and the phony government story of what happened, sprayed all over the media. Elements of America, Israel and Britain were involved in that one. They killed about 3000 innocent people.

And then in this massacre to use an Australian bloke to further their plans of hate. Yes, I believe he did not completely work alone, especially having the means for the types of weapons in his possession. Yes, in NZ you can semi-automatic rifles. Now the PM is calling to ban them. How convenient.

And then there is his so-called manifesto. It reminds me of the fake Ted Kaczynski manifesto dubbed the so-called Unabomber. I know quite a lot on that subject and the government was heavily complicit in that one as well.

This Aussie had help. I’m very confident of it. There were 1 to 4 other ‘alleged’ accomplices identified and not charged.

New Zealand does not deserve this. And then Australia gets the blame in a sense.

They are peaceful folks, the place where I grew up, my New Zealand. The greatest crime in my town was rape of a teenager.

If this can happen to 'little' out-of-way NZ, then what is next on their agenda?

Bless New Zealand and Australia at this time. True believers must persevere in prayer and unity.

APAK
Thankyou bro. Yes, it's heartbreaking. FB_IMG_1552874740436.jpg

Reactions: APAK
B

brakelite

There's a large Maori community in Melbourne... They're gutted.