Thanksgiving Day is done!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas always starts way too early, with festive music in the shops and decorations everywhere.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christmas always starts way too early, with festive music in the shops and decorations everywhere.

In Canada, it starts right after Halloween. -because Thanksgiving Day comes before Halloween, otherwise I'm sure it would start right after Thanksgiving.

Canadians get hit with almost a full two months of Michael Buble roasting his chestnuts....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We've got another 30 days till we get our roast turkey dinners.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Canada, it starts right after Halloween. -because Thanksgiving Day comes before Halloween, otherwise I'm sure it would start right after Thanksgiving.

Canadians get hit with almost a full two months of Michael Buble roasting his chestnuts

Years ago I went down to my neighbor's to walk to church with her. She is Filipino. It was in September I think.

I was shocked to see this gigantic Christmas wreath on her door. Then when she opened the door, there was a full-sized, lit Christmas tree! Plus all sorts of Christmas decorations around the apartment.

She later told me they celebrate Christmas for four months in The Philippines.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago I went down to my neighbor's to walk to church with her. She is Filipino. It was in September I think.

I was shocked to see this gigantic Christmas wreath on her door. Then when she opened the door, there was a full-sized, lit Christmas tree! Plus all sorts of Christmas decorations around the apartment.

Oh wow!-- that's like gay-pride month in California.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I don't do much these days but I used to love having the tree up for a couple of weeks but was fed up with it all by Dec 31st and it all came down before new year. These days I just have my poinsettia, a few cones and a nativity set.

Reactions: Debp

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't do much these days but I used to love having the tree up for a couple of weeks but was fed up with it all by Dec 31st and it all came down before new year. These days I just have my poinsettia, a few cones and a nativity set.

That sounds very peaceful Pearl.

Reactions: Pearl