That's Two Christian Forums Now

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who are we to complain? It's not complaining but sharing the Gospel with them out of love because we know it is sin. Also, for churches to be in acceptance of homosexuality is a huge danger to the health of the church.

The Scriptures say it is the person - not God - that is at fault. It is the individual that burns with lust and chases what the flesh wants and it is "against nature"

I don't believe that those practicing alternative lifestyles are at all open to Christianity, and so preaching to them usually ends up more like preaching AT them. I have worked on the streets with the homeless, and addicts, and it's much the same thing. The street preachers that spew forth damnation and hell are very unproductive, and cause an awful lot of damage. I guess those two things are not even comparable, but the point is that people who are living their lives outside the realm of Christianity are indeed blinded to the truth. However, somewhere in all this, there needs to be respect and kindness. I have seen some terrible things stated in several of the threads I have read. We are to be a light on a hill. A hope for a broken world.

I absolutely AGREE that the churches who embrace alternative lifestyles as acceptable behaviour, in order to gain popularity and promote inclusiveness are in deep danger, and not only that, they are in a state of DISOBEDIENCE.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark is working today, it’s Father’s Day ( is it the same day in the USA? ) He says he would rather be busy, same with my daughter. Not sure about my middle son, think it will hit him as he often saw his dad on Father’s Day. Dan is actually doing ok at the moment, well within his set of circumstances x
I am a loner as well , but having said that I think we get use to walking along the road with the Lord by ourselves. He truly knows and understands us as individuals. Yes, I had a breakthrough a few months ago - still learning, but on more solid ground xx
Would love to share a coffee with you, and a few others xx
Rita

Yes, it is Fathers day here too. I'm glad that Dan is doing well. I will be praying for your other sons and daughter. It would be way awesome to have a cuppa with you! We need to invite a few others as well, lol.
Don't you just love the breakthroughs!!!!

"I am a loner as well , but having said that I think we get use to walking along the road with the Lord by ourselves. "

Which, in and of itself...we are never loners...with Jesus :)
xo

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are we to complain? It's not complaining but sharing the Gospel with them out of love because we know it is sin. Also, for churches to be in acceptance of homosexuality is a huge danger to the health of the church.

The Scriptures say it is the person - not God - that is at fault. It is the individual that burns with lust and chases what the flesh wants and it is "against nature"
You can't find peace on this, can you?
An open, practicing lifestyle...
I don't see gay people having sex on the streets or in businesses. I wouldn't know some people are gay someone told me.

Reactions: Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that those practicing alternative lifestyles are at all open to Christianity, and so preaching to them usually ends up more like preaching AT them. I have worked on the streets with the homeless, and addicts, and it's much the same thing. The street preachers that spew forth damnation and hell are very unproductive, and cause an awful lot of damage. I guess those two things are not even comparable, but the point is that people who are living their lives outside the realm of Christianity are indeed blinded to the truth. However, somewhere in all this, there needs to be respect and kindness. I have seen some terrible things stated in several of the threads I have read. We are to be a light on a hill. A hope for a broken world.

I absolutely AGREE that the churches who embrace alternative lifestyles as acceptable behaviour, in order to gain popularity and promote inclusiveness are in deep danger, and not only that, they are in a state of DISOBEDIENCE.

There is a time and place for all things said. But that being said, if the Gospel is being presented accurately it will always be seen as offensive. We stand guilty - all of us. We placed Christ on the cross and our lifestyle outside of Jesus is wrong no matter how good one tries to be. The Bible convicts us and exposes our evil for what it truly is, rebellion against a most Holy God. The whole point of repentance is to turn away from our evil and to Christ.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't find peace on this, can you?

I don't see gay people having sex on the streets or in businesses. I wouldn't know some people are gay someone told me.

You see them parading in the streets openly expressing their sinful life. But, what I meant by open lifestyle is that they make no attempt to hide the fact of their sin - "Pride" actually fits pretty well for a slogan.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a time and place for all things said. But that being said, if the Gospel is being presented accurately it will always be seen as offensive. We stand guilty - all of us. We placed Christ on the cross and our lifestyle outside of Jesus is wrong no matter how good one tries to be. The Bible convicts us and exposes our evil for what it truly is, rebellion against a most Holy God. The whole point of repentance is to turn away from our evil and to Christ.
I think the Gospel presented accurately is received with joy and gladness by most people. It is good news.
You see them parading in the streets openly expressing their sinful life. But, what I meant by open lifestyle is that they make no attempt to hide the fact of their sin - "Pride" actually fits pretty well for a slogan.
I have never seen this. Perhaps it's where I live.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really have nothing in common with them beyond their belief in Jesus, which in itself comes in many shades as you can see here.
I call “poppycock”. I am white and I bet we have more in common than different. Send me a private message and we can start a conversation where I will PROVE my claim.

Or we can compare private notes in public if you want to show the bystanders that playing the race card is BS.

Reactions: LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Gospel presented accurately is received with joy and gladness by most people. It is good news.
I have never seen this. Perhaps it's where I live.

One must realize the bad news before embracing the good news.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must realize the bad news before embracing the good news.
I would say we have to see our flaws before we can fix them. That's not bad news to me. In Hebrew the word for repent also means comfort.

It's like having a nagging problem that keeps coming back into your mind. When you finally see the solution, it's like a light bulb going on. You had a wrong idea somewhere -- and when you spot it and get the right one -- the light bulb goes off. That nagging problem disappears like magic.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I left this forum a few weeks ago because of how disgusted I was at the hate being expressed here towards the LGBTQ community. I can understand how some Christians believe their lifestyles and choices are sinful, but I can't understand the clear hatred behind many of the posts. So I took a break, and now that I come back, what do I see?

Multiple Christians posting blatantly racist and/or white supremacist views, and what's even more shocking, it's all tolerated! No deletions of racist posts (including those using the N-word), no banning of members who post their white supremacist views outright....nothing. Apparently within the Christian community those sorts of things are tolerated.

A few years ago I left another Christian board for the same reason (it had also become a racist hate board) and now I am walking away from this one for the exact same reason. That's led me to wonder about the state of Christianity in the western world. Survey after survey has shown fairly rapid declines in the number of Christians in developed countries, and to be honest with you, given what I've seen from Christians, I say good riddance! The more people who leave (or never become a member of) a faith that tolerates the sort of hatred expressed here, the better for all humanity.

For those Christians here who aren't racist and don't agree with the racism from your fellow Christians, why are you so passive towards the hate from your fellow Christians? Do you not understand the impact this is having on the public image of your faith? Are you in denial of it, or is it that you just don't care?

Either way, from the outside it looks very much like the crazies and haters have taken the stage from you and are increasingly becoming the face of Christianity. And from what I can tell, many of you are fine with that.

So whenever you find yourself lumped in with all the Christians who are racists, bigots, and haters you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.
This forum is a similar format to the other site I was on. Are they run by the same people?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If the church you are in is divulging in hate speech and not focusing their time and attention on doing Gods Will, they are not practising Christianity.

If the pretender is divulging in hate speech and not focusing his time and attention on asking after God's Will, (he is) not practising Christianity, but media's fake news propaganda.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This forum is a similar format to the other site I was on. Are they run by the same people?

'They' are all regulated, and I guess owned by Roman Catholic 'authority', though - I think - not <<run by the same people>>. I have made this statement many times in several of these Bible-forums / boards. 'WHYPP Media' - see the bottom-lines. And when 'they' ban you, it most likely is by 'assazzin' whatever that stands for. I cannot understand that I have not been banned by 'Christianityboard' yet. I want to thank them for having tolerated me here so far. God bless this forum and its board.
"Its hard to put a leash on a dog when you place a crown on its head." - Tyrion Lannister I found this in the signature line of Dcopymope. It applies well to what ‘they’ call ‘moderators’ of these ‘forums sites’.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GerhardEbersoehn ...This is a very tolerant forum from what I have seen in these last few weeks... Some are stricter... and DEMAND politeness... and I am kind of missing that... but... it also allows me the freedom to share my shortcomings.. and rants here and there.. and as you have just mentioned... it has been patient with you... so maybe in the long run... that's not such a bad thing...

I asked the question to ADMIN regarding whether this site was controlled and/or operated by Catholics... and he assured me that it was not.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'They' are all regulated, and I guess owned by Roman Catholic 'authority', though - I think - not <<run by the same people>>. I have made this statement many times in several of these Bible-forums / boards. 'WHYPP Media' - see the bottom-lines. And when 'they' ban you, it most likely is by 'assazzin' whatever that stands for. I cannot understand that I have not been banned by 'Christianityboard' yet. I want to thank them for having tolerated me here so far. God bless this forum and its board.
"Its hard to put a leash on a dog when you place a crown on its head." - Tyrion Lannister I found this in the signature line of Dcopymope. It applies well to what ‘they’ call ‘moderators’ of these ‘forums sites’.
Dcopymope rings a bell. I’m new to forums, this is my second attempt at finding Christian Fellowship. I’ve not been banned-yet :)