The 70 Weeks Prophecy - The Ezra 6:14 Challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Nehimiah request to rebuild the wall and city. And when he got there. the walls were destroyed and the city was in shambles, i as you say, It was done long before?
Did Gabriel didn't tell Daniel, "Know and understand that from the going forth of the request of Nehemiah"? If you'd focus on DECREES and ignore REQUESTS, you'd see that the Nehemiah 2 decree is merely a subsidy for timber, period, while the Ezra 7 decree is the only one comprehensive enough to fulfill Gabriel's prophecy.

Not that it matters, but to answer your question of why did Nehemiah make his request:

Should it really surprise anyone that the most rebellious people to ever walk the Earth who'd just spent almost 70 years in captivity for disobedience would return to Israel and pick right back up where they'd left off while ignoring God's gift of "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" which was in the sight of these MP kings a glorious extension of His mercy (Ezra 9:9 KJV)?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Gabriel didn't tell Daniel, "Know and understand that from the going forth of the request of Nehemiah"? If you'd focus on DECREES and ignore REQUESTS, you'd see that the Nehemiah 2 decree is merely a subsidy for timber, period, while the Ezra 7 decree is the only one comprehensive enough to fulfill Gabriel's prophecy.

Not that it matters, but to answer your question of why did Nehemiah make his request:

Should it really surprise anyone that the most rebellious people to ever walk the Earth who'd just spent almost 70 years in captivity for disobedience would return to Israel and pick right back up where they'd left off while ignoring God's gift of "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" which was in the sight of these MP kings a glorious extension of His mercy (Ezra 9:9 KJV)?
Did Gabriel tell daniel. from the going forth of the request for Ezra?
You and the OP are both in error. there was no command to restore jerusalen in Neh 6 or 7!
Gabriel made a specific comment, from the going forth og the command to restore the CITY
So there is your starting point.
There was no command in Ezra 6 or 7 that had anything to do with rebuilding the city.. The only command given in Ezra is the command to rebuild the temple. period.
Good day

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Gabriel tell daniel. from the going forth of the request for Ezra?
No. That's why I don't point to any requests of Ezra, unlike you who keeps pointing to Nehemiah's request.
You and the OP are both in error. there was no command to restore jerusalen in Neh 6 or 7!
I don't claim there is a command in Neh 6 or 7.
Gabriel made a specific comment, from the going forth og the command to restore the CITY
So there is your starting point.
Correct.
There was no command in Ezra 6 or 7 that had anything to do with rebuilding the city.. The only command given in Ezra is the command to rebuild the temple. period.
Good day
WRONG.

There is absolutely a command to restore and build Jerusalem in Ezra 7..unless you think restoration of Jerusalem's Departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections have to do with "the temple"...which only a fool would believe, seeing that any Christian worth his salt knows that the entire "raison d'etre" of the temple is "atonement/intercession for sin" via the sacrificial system and the Levitical priesthood.

And, don't forget Ezra thanked God giving Israel "a reviving, to set up the house of our God, and to repair the desolations thereof, and to give us a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" which was "in the sight of the kings" an extension of God's mercy...the kings knew full well of God's will to restore and build Jerusalem and they were fully on board with it way back in Ezra!

But, y'all keep on clinging to that silly authorization for a timber subsidy in Nehemiah 2 as the "command to restore and build Jerusalem" if you want. The rest of us know 457 B.C. is the starting date of both the 70 Weeks and the 2,300 Days, from which the 70 Weeks are "amputated".

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful, why won't you address Ezra's thanksgiving to God for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree went forth, long before Nehemiah 2?

Why won't you address the fact that the reestablishment of Israel's Departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections in the Ezra 7 decree have nothing to do with "temple" business?

Why won't you address the fact that you keep pointing to Nehemiah's "wish list" instead of the words of a royal decree for evidence for your position?

Why won't you address the fact that the decree in Nehemiah 2 is nothing but a royal subsidy for timber, and not a command to build anything?

Eternally Grateful, the silence is deafening to everyone watching you lose this debate - the decree of Ezra 7 is the only decree that fulfills Daniel 9:25.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezra 7:8 records that Ezra arrived in Jerusalem in the seventh year of king Artaxerxes, while Nehemiah 2#Verses 1–8:1–9 has Nehemiah arriving in Artaxerxes' twentieth year. If this was Artaxerxes I (465–424 BCE), then Ezra arrived in 458 and Nehemiah in 445 BCE.

Neh 2:
11 So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days. 12 Then I arose in the night, I and a few men with me; I told no one what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem; nor was there any animal with me, except the one on which I rode. 13 And I went out by night through the Valley Gate to the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate, and I viewed the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were burned with fire. 14 Then I went on to the Fountain Gate and to the King’s Pool, but there was no room for the animal under me to pass. 15 So I went up in the night by the valley, and viewed the wall; then I turned back and entered by the Valley Gate, and so returned. 16 And the officials did not know where I had gone or what I had done; I had not yet told the Jews, the priests, the nobles, the officials, or the others who did the work.

17 Then I said to them, “You see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire. Come and let us build the wall of Jerusalem, that we may no longer be a reproach.” 18 And I told them of the hand of my God which had been good upon me, and also of the king’s words that he had spoken to me.

So they said, “Let us rise up and build.” Then they set their hands to this good
work.

It is just amazing that 13 years AFTER Ezra that the city still lies in ruins when Nehimiah is sent under the decree of artexerxes....

some people will only see what they want to see.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternally Grateful, why won't you address Ezra's thanksgiving to God for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree went forth, long before Nehemiah 2?
Why won't you address the fact that the reestablishment of Israel's Departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections in the Ezra 7 decree have nothing to do with "temple" business?

Why won't you address the fact that you keep pointing to Nehemiah's "wish list" instead of the words of a royal decree for evidence for your position?

Why won't you address the fact that the decree in Nehemiah 2 is nothing but a royal subsidy for timber, and not a command to build anything?

Eternally Grateful, the silence is deafening to everyone watching you lose this debate - the decree of Ezra 7 is the only decree that fulfills Daniel 9:25.
Why won't you address the fact that There was no command to restore the CITY in Ezra 7.

The fact that 13 years later. When Nehemiah entered the city, it still lied in ruins, and there was no one rebuilding the city.

The fact that the timeline of does not fit for Messiah the prince 69 weeks after the command given.

The defening silence is on you my friend.. I have not only made my Case. I have supported it with facts

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why won't you address the fact that There was no command to restore the CITY in Ezra 7.
Did you miss the part about where the king commands the establishment of the departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections, as well as Ezra's thanks to God for putting it in the heart of the king to give them "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem"?

I don't think you missed it...you just refuse to believe the plain words of Scripture.
The fact that 13 years later. When Nehemiah entered the city, it still lied in ruins, and there was no one rebuilding the city.
Ah, I see...if a law is passed and no one follows it, the law never passed in the first place, right? I've already told you the reason the wall was still not built is because Israel was too busy climbing back in the saddle of disobedience to God, PER EZRA AND NEHEMIAH.

And you STILL refuse to acknowledge Ezra's thanksgiving for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" which was an act of mercy "in the sight of the kings" who were fully on board with its building.
The fact that the timeline of does not fit for Messiah the prince 69 weeks after the command given.
Oh, so now we shift to timelines? OK.

483 years from 457 B.C. is 27 A.D. which is when "Messiah" ("anointed") was "baptized" ("anointed") at 30 years old - because any Christian worth his salt knows Christ was born ould have been born at what time we identify as 4 B.C.
The defening silence is on you my friend.. I have not only made my Case. I have supported it with facts
The only silence we hear is you not addressing Ezra's thanksgiving for a wall which came after Artaxerxes' decree to establish departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 36180

Oh, but it certainly does.
Oh but it does not

Taken from a study I did about 10 years ago!

The start of the 70 weeks.

there were many commands (decree's) which had to do with Israels return to jeruslaem following Babylonian captivity.

Decrees of Cyrus in 2 chron 36: 22-23, and Ezra in 1: 1-3

the Decree of Darius in Ezra 6: 3-8.

And the decree of artaxerxes in Ezra 7: 7,

However, all of these decrees had to do with the temple, and not the city proper (in fact rebuilding was halted in Ezra 4: 1-4 because they were trying to rebuild the city, which was forbidden.

In non of these decrees was the conditions of daniel 9 met.

The decree of artaxerxes, recorded in Neh 2: 1-8 is the first decree which gives permission to rebuild the city.

Neh 2

1 And it came to pass in the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was before him, that I took the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had never been sad in his presence before. 2 Therefore the king said to me, “Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing but sorrow of heart.”

So I became dreadfully afraid, 3 and said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire?”

4 Then the king said to me, “What do you request?”

So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5 And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.”

6 Then the king said to me (the queen also sitting beside him), “How long will your journey be? And when will you return?” So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.

7 Furthermore I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, let letters be given to me for the governors of the region beyond the River,[a] that they must permit me to pass through till I come to Judah, 8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he must give me timber to make beams for the gates of the citadel which pertains to the temple, for the city wall, and for the house that I will occupy.” And the king granted them to me according to the good hand of my God upon me.

so what is the date?

according to Nehemiah, the month is nisan, Many historians have held that this date was the first of nisan in the year 445 (which is when artaxes held power) which would make it march 14, 445.

The completion of the first 69 weeks. "messiah the prince"

what day Did Jesus enter Jerusalem? He entered 6 days before passover.

History shows spent the sabbath with martha's house where the supper was held which was the 9th of nissan. Thus he probably entered jerusalem the next day, on the 10th of nissan, as scripture records.

The julian date of 10 Nissan is Sunday april 6 ad 32.

looking at it. The dates from march 14, 445 (1 nissan) until April 6 32 AD (10 nissan) is exactly 173, 880 days, or 7 times 69 years of sevens (360 days according to jewish tradition and calendar)

Start: 14 march BC 445 decree goes out.

end: 6 April 32 AD

In between

476 years plus 24 days (according to Julian calendar)

but 465 years times 365 days (days in year) = 173,740 days.

Ad time from 14 March to 16 April = 24 days

add for leap years = 116 days

total = 173,880 days

using Jewish calendar. 69 times 7 (69 weeks of 7 years) times 360 (360 days in jewish year) = 173,880 days.

Thus Daniel prophesy of messiah being introduced at the end of 69 weeks is fulfilled.

Which Jesus even declares it. "saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes."

Of note for the context of this thread.

If Ezra 7 is the start. then we have the start being 13 years earlier. Which would put the end of the 69th week on or about 19 Ad.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss the part about where the king commands the establishment of the departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections, as well as Ezra's thanks to God for putting it in the heart of the king to give them "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem"?

I don't think you missed it...you just refuse to believe the plain words of Scripture.

Ah, I see...if a law is passed and no one follows it, the law never passed in the first place, right? I've already told you the reason the wall was still not built is because Israel was too busy climbing back in the saddle of disobedience to God, PER EZRA AND NEHEMIAH.

And you STILL refuse to acknowledge Ezra's thanksgiving for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" which was an act of mercy "in the sight of the kings" who were fully on board with its building.

Oh, so now we shift to timelines? OK.

483 years from 457 B.C. is 27 A.D. which is when "Messiah" ("anointed") was "baptized" ("anointed") at 30 years old - because any Christian worth his salt knows Christ was born ould have been born at what time we identify as 4 B.C.

The only silence we hear is you not addressing Ezra's thanksgiving for a wall which came after Artaxerxes' decree to establish departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections.
Like I said.

Like the op. you will only see what you want to see

there was no command to restore the city in Ezra 6 or 7.. You can say it until your blue in the fact. not one mention in ezra seven states restore the city. It is all about the temple.

Nehemiah on the other hand specifically states a command as requested to start to rebuild the city.

Baptize? Where in the OT does it say the messiah will be introduced when he is baptized? Chapter and verse please.

• Haha
Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there was no command to restore the city in Ezra 6 or 7.. You can say it until your blue in the fact. not one mention in ezra seven states restore the city. It is all about the temple.
Did you miss the part where Artaxerxes commanded the establishment of the departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections? That's municipal business, not temple business.
Nehemiah on the other hand specifically states a command as requested to start to rebuild the city.
The command was to provide timber - NOTHING about commanding the rebuilding of Jerusalem - which is why you keep going back to what Nehemiah said and ignoring what the king actually said.

Gabriel did not say, "From the going forth of Nehemiah's wish list..."
Baptize? Where in the OT does it say the messiah will be introduced when he is baptized? Chapter and verse please.
"From the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem unto Messiah ("anointed") the prince..."

Ezra 7's decree was 457 B.C. and 69 weeks later brings us to 27 A.D. when Messiah ("anointed") was anointed in baptism.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decrees of Cyrus in 2 chron 36: 22-23, and Ezra in 1: 1-3

the Decree of Darius in Ezra 6: 3-8.

And the decree of artaxerxes in Ezra 7: 7,
However, all of these decrees had to do with the temple, and not the city proper (in fact rebuilding was halted in Ezra 4: 1-4 because they were trying to rebuild the city, which was forbidden.
I repeatedly ask you what does the reestablishment of Israel's departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections have to do with the temple?

You can't answer because you know the answer: they have NOTHING to do with temple business.
In non of these decrees was the conditions of daniel 9 met.
Except Ezra 7 not only commands the restoration of Israel's departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections, but also implied authorization to build the wall per Ezra 9:9 - the only decree comprehensive enough to fulfill Daniel 9:25.
The decree of artaxerxes, recorded in Neh 2: 1-8 is the first decree which gives permission to rebuild the city.
Where? What words of Artaxerxes "give permission to rebuild the city"? You keep saying that but you never cite the words!

It's a decree authorizing a timber subsidy, not a command to rebuild anything.
Neh 2

1 And it came to pass in the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was before him, that I took the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had never been sad in his presence before. 2 Therefore the king said to me, “Why is your face sad, since you are not sick? This is nothing but sorrow of heart.”

So I became dreadfully afraid, 3 and said to the king, “May the king live forever! Why should my face not be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies waste, and its gates are burned with fire?”

So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5 And I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.”

6 Then the king said to me (the queen also sitting beside him), “How long will your journey be? And when will you return?” So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.

7 Furthermore I said to the king, “If it pleases the king, let letters be given to me for the governors of the region beyond the River,[a] that they must permit me to pass through till I come to Judah, 8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he must give me timber to make beams for the gates of the citadel which pertains to the temple, for the city wall, and for the house that I will occupy.” And the king granted them to me according to the good hand of my God upon me.
Where's the command of the king to rebuilt Jerusalem? All you have here is the king commanding a timber subsidy and toll road exemption pass. THAT'S IT - not even Nehemiah says he was commanded to rebuild anything, so why do you keep misrepresenting the facts?
according to Nehemiah, the month is nisan, Many historians have held that this date was the first of nisan in the year 445 (which is when artaxes held power) which would make it march 14, 445.

The completion of the first 69 weeks. "messiah the prince"

what day Did Jesus enter Jerusalem? He entered 6 days before passover.

History shows spent the sabbath with martha's house where the supper was held which was the 9th of nissan. Thus he probably entered jerusalem the next day, on the 10th of nissan, as scripture records.

The julian date of 10 Nissan is Sunday april 6 ad 32.

looking at it. The dates from march 14, 445 (1 nissan) until April 6 32 AD (10 nissan) is exactly 173, 880 days, or 7 times 69 years of sevens (360 days according to jewish tradition and calendar)

Start: 14 march BC 445 decree goes out.

end: 6 April 32 AD

In between

476 years plus 24 days (according to Julian calendar)

but 465 years times 365 days (days in year) = 173,740 days.

Ad time from 14 March to 16 April = 24 days

add for leap years = 116 days

total = 173,880 days

using Jewish calendar. 69 times 7 (69 weeks of 7 years) times 360 (360 days in jewish year) = 173,880 days.

Thus Daniel prophesy of messiah being introduced at the end of 69 weeks is fulfilled.

Which Jesus even declares it. "saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes."

Of note for the context of this thread.

If Ezra 7 is the start. then we have the start being 13 years earlier. Which would put the end of the 69th week on or about 19 Ad.
I'm not going to even get into a discussion about how ridiculous that math is, but suffice it to say, since 445/444 has nothing to do with the starting date of the 70 Weeks prophecy, all that is inconsequential.

The only decree comprehensive enough to fulfill Daniel 9:25 is the Ezra 7 decree.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Our understanding of Daniel is a man-made construct that satisfies our desire to know what God meant in all of the prophecies given to Daniel, particularly the five independent prophecies in Daniel 9:24-27.

The answer as to the overarching time period of the Book of Daniel can be found in Daniel 12 in these verses: -

Daniel 12:5-9: - 5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?”​
7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.
8 Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?”​
9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.​

When is the Time of the End? The Book of Revelation answers this question. The time of the end of this present world is the Great White Throne Room Judgement.

H:4150 has been given the following meaning by Strong: -

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
appointed sign, time, place of, solemn assembly, congregation, set, solemn feast​

This solemn assembly can only be pointing to the GWTHJ of all of the peoples of the earth.
Shalom my friend,
Yes, you have to put it all together, but you cannot forget the other verses that point out this timeline as this is shown in Daniel and Revelation and occurs eight times, so its important.
Daniel 7:25, "time, times and a half".
Daniel 9:27, "half one set of seven".
Daniel 12:7, "time, times and a half".
Revelation 11:2, "42 months".
Revelation 11:3, "1260 days".
Revelation 12:6, "1260 days".
Revelation 12:14, "time, times and a half".
Revelation 13:5, "42 months".

We see it in the following Bible verses referring to the period translated, "time", or the time period when this would happen, where the apostate church would try to "wear out the saints/scatter the power of the holy people", and they would hide from the serpent, or evil power.

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Daniel 7:25

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and a half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. Daniel 12:7

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. Revelation 12:14

And it would reign for 42 months and these are years when it comes to prophecy. The timeline is a prophetic period of 1260 years of apostasy prevailing in the church. For 1260 years scriptural truth would be suppressed, obscured by the traditions of men and this apostate church would set aside Gods Word and go by its own tradition.

The papacy reigned for 42 prophetic months, which equals 1,260 years, from its rise in A.D. 538 not long after the death of Theodoric the strong Ostrogothic king and the defeat of the barbarian tribes around Rome and the Roman code of law restored in Rome along with taking of temporal power as the papacy grew stronger, and its downfall in 1798 when its temporal power was taken and the Pope made prisoner by Napoleons General Berthier. We see the true church having to flee during this time..

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The true church would flee persecution by the apostate church, with its burning at the stake and forming inquisitions to persecute the true believers. This antichrist power would become a very powerful religious organization as well as political power, you can recognize it by what it would do.
Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Revelation 13:5
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Daniel 7:21
I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Revelation 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

It would be guilty of blasphemy
It would war with and persecute the saints
So its not hard to see who persecuted and destroyed millions of saints during the Dark Ages, its clear who this antichrist entity is.. The Horrors of the Church and Its Holy Inquisition

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"From the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem unto Messiah ("anointed") the prince..."

Ezra 7's decree was 457 B.C. and 69 weeks later brings us to 27 A.D. when Messiah ("anointed") was anointed in baptism.
Build jerusalem.

That was given in neh 2

as for your calculations.

1. You used the julian calendar. not the Jewish calendar

2. You have 483 years in the julian calender which is 176.295 Days

3. When you add leap years. you add 116 days which brings us to 176,411 days

this does not include the actual days of the first year or the last year so at best it is a guess.

Now when we convert this to the Jewish calendar (which is what they would have used)

69 weeks of years in the Jewish calendar is (69 weeks of 7 years) at 360 days = 173,880 days

as you can see, Your 2531 days off. or 7 years. as I explained in my post above.

Not to mention. CHrists baptism was not him being introduced to Jerusalem as messiah. That was when he entered Jerusalem on a donkey as the prophet said..

as I said, You only see what you want to

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said.

Like the op. you will only see what you want to see
And you're willfully blind to what you want to be blind.
And I'll keep reminding everyone that Artaxerxes' command to reestablish the departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections ain't got a thing to do with the temple, and that Ezra thanked God for "a wall" long before Nehemiah got to the promised land.
I've told you over and over the Nehemiah 2 decree is for supplies - NOT THE CONSTRUCTION.
As soon as Jesus began His ministry, He preached "The TIME IS FULFILLED".

Question: What prophecy that has to do with "TIME" is associated with the coming of Messiah?
Answer: The 70 Weeks.

Question: Which portion of that prophecy was Jesus referring to?
Answer: The 69 Weeks was fulfilled at His baptism.

Question: What about the 70th week?
Answer: It commenced with Jesus preaching the Gospel of Salvation "which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord (3 1/2 years) and then was CONFIRMED to us by them that heard him" (the remaining 3 1/2 years) as Jesus continued to confirm the New Covenant of grace through their ministry.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeatedly ask you what does the reestablishment of Israel's departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections have to do with the temple?
What do those things have to do with rebuilding A CITY?
You can't answer because you know the answer: they have NOTHING to do with temple business.
It does not matter, IT IS NOT A COMMAND TO REBUILD A CITY!!!

Nehemiah was given that command!
Except Ezra 7 not only commands the restoration of Israel's departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections, but also implied authorization to build the wall per Ezra 9:9 - the only decree comprehensive enough to fulfill Daniel 9:25.

Where? What words of Artaxerxes "give permission to rebuild the city"? You keep saying that but you never cite the words!

It's a decree authorizing a timber subsidy, not a command to rebuild anything.

Where's the command of the king to rebuilt Jerusalem? All you have here is the king commanding a timber subsidy and toll road exemption pass. THAT'S IT - not even Nehemiah says he was commanded to rebuild anything, so why do you keep misrepresenting the facts?

I'm not going to even get into a discussion about how ridiculous that math is, but suffice it to say, since 445/444 has nothing to do with the starting date of the 70 Weeks prophecy, all that is inconsequential.

The only decree comprehensive enough to fulfill Daniel 9:25 is the Ezra 7 decree.
I keep saying but never site the words.

smh

Neh 2

Nehemiah asks the king to send him to jerusalem TO REBUILD IT

The king answers yes to his request to REBUILD THE CITY!

dude. I can;t take you anymore.. You refuse to see the truth.. and all you do is mock.

You will never see when your mind is made up.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you're willfully blind to what you want to be blind.

And I'll keep reminding everyone that departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections ain't got a thing to do with the temple, and that Ezra thanked God for "a wall" long before Nehemiah got to the promised land.

I've told you over and over the command is for SUPPLIES - NOT THE CONSTRUCTION.

As soon as Jesus began His ministry, He preached "The TIME IS FULFILLED".

Question: What prophecy that has to do with "TIME" is associated with the coming of Messiah?
Answer: The 70 Weeks.

Question: Which portion of that prophecy was Jesus referring to?
Answer: The 69 Weeks.

Question: What about the 70th week?
Answer: It opened with Jesus preaching the Gospel of Salvation "which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord (3 1/2 years) and then was CONFIRMED to us by them that heard him" (the remaining 3 1/2 years) as Jesus continued to preach through their ministry.
You can say it all you want

Nehemiah asked the king to send him to REBUILD!!

the king said yes

THEN nehemiah also asked for the supplies. to which the king also granted.

Ezra 7:
13 I issue a decree that all those of the people of Israel and the priests and Levites in my realm, who volunteer to go up to Jerusalem, may go with you. 14 And whereas you are being sent by the king and his seven counselors to inquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem, with regard to the Law of your God which is in your hand; 15 and whereas you are to carry the silver and gold which the king and his counselors have freely offered to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem; 16 and whereas all the silver and gold that you may find in all the province of Babylon, along with the freewill offering of the people and the priests, are to be freely offered for the house of their God in Jerusalem— 17 now therefore, be careful to buy with this money bulls, rams, and lambs, with their grain offerings and their drink offerings, and offer them on the altar of the house of your God in Jerusalem.

18 And whatever seems good to you and your brethren to do with the rest of the silver and the gold, do it according to the will of your God. 19 Also the articles that are given to you for the service of the house of your God, deliver in full before the God of Jerusalem. 20 And whatever more may be needed for the house of your God, which you may have occasion to provide, pay for it from the king’s treasury.

21 And I, even I, Artaxerxes the king, issue a decree to all the treasurers who are in the region beyond the River, that whatever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the Law of the God of heaven, may require of you, let it be done diligently, 22 up to one hundred talents of silver, one hundred kors of wheat, one hundred baths of wine, one hundred baths of oil, and salt without prescribed limit. 23 Whatever [f]is commanded by the God of heaven, let it diligently be done for the [g]house of the God of heaven. For why should there be wrath against the realm of the king and his sons?

24 Also we inform you that it shall not be lawful to impose tax, tribute, or custom on any of the priests, Levites, singers, gatekeepers, Nethinim, or servants of this house of God. 25 And you, Ezra, according to your God-given wisdom, set magistrates and judges who may judge all the people who are in the region beyond the River, all such as know the laws of your God; and teach those who do not know them. 26 Whoever will not observe the law of your God and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily on him, whether it be death, or [h]banishment, or confiscation of goods, or imprisonment.

All of this concerns the HOUSE of the God of Israel.

even the majistrates and everythign in it, the house of God did all of this.

It has NOTHING to do with the rebuilding of the walls of jerusalem. PERIOD.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do those things have to do with rebuilding A CITY?
A city requires INFRASTRUCTURE - without which there is no city. After the Ezra 7 decree, the Bible says the Persian kings were fully aware and in support of God's "extension of mercy" by giving Israel "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem".
It does not matter, IT IS NOT A COMMAND TO REBUILD A CITY!!!
Ezra 7 absolutely is a command to "restore and to build Jerusalem" by the KING'S COMMAND to reestablish the departments of Education, Justice, Police, and Penal Corrections, as well as the implied COMMAND to build the wall as evidenced by Ezra 9:9...long before Nehemiah got to the promised land.
Nehemiah was given that command!
Except that you can't point to any "command" to rebuild the city! The only "command" in Nehemiah is the king's command to provide a timber subsidy - NO COMMAND TO REBUILD ANYTHING.

I keep saying but never site the words.

smh

Neh 2

Nehemiah asks the king to send him to jerusalem TO REBUILD IT

The king answers yes to his request to REBUILD THE CITY!

dude. I can;t take you anymore.. You refuse to see the truth.. and all you do is mock.

You will never see when your mind is made up.
As soon as you locate the king's command to rebuild the city, let me know.

The king's command to supply timber doesn't amount to zilch when it comes to Daniel 9:25.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As soon as you locate the king's command to rebuild the city, let me know.

The king's command to supply timber doesn't amount to zilch when it comes to Daniel 9:25.
There is no command to rebuild any city in Ezra

Not only Did Nehimiah ask the king for permission to rebuild the city in Neh . The king said yes.

You can keep pushing, but you will never prove your point.

everything in Ezra. Is about the temple. Including the temple duties..

there is nothing in Ezra. About rebuilding the CITY..

Nice try

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nehemiah asked the king to send him to REBUILD!!
You want Daniel 9:25 to say, "From the going forth of Nehemiah's wish list..." but it never will.
the king said yes
That "yes" wasn't a "command to rebuild the city" - it was "permission" for a leave of absence.

I'll Cashapp you $1,000 dollars if you can find in Nehemiah where the king says "I command for Jerusalem to be rebuilt".

The command was for supplies, not the construction.
THEN nehemiah also asked for the supplies. to which the king also granted.
You want so badly for a command that merely subsidizes timber for construction be a command for the construction...never gonna happen. Ezra had already thanked God for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" after the decree in Ezra 7, per Ezra 9:9.
25 And you, Ezra, according to your God-given wisdom, set magistrates and judges who may judge all the people who are in the region beyond the River, all such as know the laws of your God; and teach those who do not know them. 26 Whoever will not observe the law of your God and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily on him, whether it be death, or [h]banishment, or confiscation of goods, or imprisonment.

All of this concerns the HOUSE of the God of Israel.

even the majistrates and everythign in it, the house of God did all of this.
WRONG AGAIN!

Education occurred throughout the land, eg. "the Schools of the Prophets".
Priests didn't put anyone to death - they handed them over to the secular authorities for that.
The king also participated in judgments of the people, often at the gates of the city, NOT IN THE TEMPLE.
It has NOTHING to do with the rebuilding of the walls of jerusalem. PERIOD.
Except that Ezra thanked God for "a wall" after the Ezra 7 decree, right? The command was IMPLIED by the details of the rebuilding of the city infrastructure.