The 70 Weeks Prophecy - The Ezra 6:14 Challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another clue about the Ezra 6:14 Test.
People just do not fully address the real reason for the 70 Weeks Prophecy.
Apparently, neither do you, friend. The prophecy of Daniel 9 was given to explain Daniel's confusion about the 2,300 days "vision" (Hebrew: "mareh") of Daniel 8 - the only portion of that prophecy that smacked him upside the head like a cannonball of confusion.

Daniel passed out when he heard the sanctuary would be trampled for "2,300 days" which, he could have endured standing on his head if that were literal days, seeing that he'd already endured decades of the same while in Babylon. No, he fell out sick for several days and then arose no less confused until finally he prayed for wisdom because he understood the "day/year" principle in prophecy, which meant "2,300 YEARS" of trampling.

With his own wisdom and the wisdom of others failing him, he finally turned to God in chapter 9 and prayed for understanding, at which time Gabriel was dispatched to go and give him "skill and understanding" - about what? Gabriel tells you:

"...therefore, understand the matter and consider the vision ("mareh")".

So, what immediately follows is the EXPLANATION of the 2,300 days "mareh" ... and what immediately follows? '

"Seventy Weeks are determined..."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I was very detailed in my explanation? The decree is given in Ezra 7, and the time frame fits the time between the decree and the beginning of Christ's ministry. The time frame incorporates the main focus of the prophecy, which is the ministry of Christ, his being cut off, the destruction of the temple worship, and the invasion by the Roman Army.

And it is indeed a "common view," which I explained is much more likely an interpretation than a small minority view. God's word must've spoken to people or would He have spoken at all? Diversity of opinion is normal, but eccentric views are not likely correct.

Finally, I did indeed considered all decrees on this matter. The fact I chose only one is precisely what you said must happen--there must be only one "correct view."
Absolutely - the time frame fits perfectly. 445/444 introduces confusion.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Our understanding of Daniel is a man-made construct that satisfies our desire to know what God meant in all of the prophecies given to Daniel, particularly the five independent prophecies in Daniel 9:24-27.

The answer as to the overarching time period of the Book of Daniel can be found in Daniel 12 in these verses: -

Daniel 12:5-9: - 5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?”​
7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.
8 Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?”​
9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.​

When is the Time of the End? The Book of Revelation answers this question. The time of the end of this present world is the Great White Throne Room Judgement.

H:4150 has been given the following meaning by Strong: -

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
appointed sign, time, place of, solemn assembly, congregation, set, solemn feast​

This solemn assembly can only be pointing to the GWTHJ of all of the peoples of the earth.

Now since Satan has not yet been imprisoned in the Bottomless pit yet for 1,000 years and the prophecies were given to Daniel around 2,500 years ago, the time span of the "time, times and half a time," must be around 3,500 years or a little longer. I would equate this time period in Daniel 12:7 to be three and a half ages when the word "times" represents an "age."

Now the Daniel 9:26b prophecy spans a time period of two ages, which is the time when the Armageddon Judgement of the Heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth are judged for their respective parts in the trampling of God's sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts over a period of 2,300 years from just after the time that Alexandra's Empire was divided into four parts between the four generals over Alexandra's army.

Shortly after this, the 2,300 years of the Little Horn's influence over armies given to him during this time period, began and has continued right up and until this present time. The 2,300 years will end with the observable sign of the kings of the earth assembling at the place called Armageddon in our near future, after which all of Israel will be saved.

Now if the Daniel 9:27 solemn covenant is not entered by the people of the earth until the Bottomless pit is unlocked so that those imprisoned in it can rise up out of the earth, then we have the dilemma of justifying the stretching of the 70 weeks of years over a time period of three and a half ages.

In my previous posts I have suggested that the Daniel 9:24a portion of the full verse 24 prophecy occurred over a period of 490 years, i.e., solar years, and that this 490-year period ended just prior to when Christ was Born in Bethlehem. I have also suggested that the verse 25 prophecy's time constraints, is not as important as some make out them to be, as verse 26a tells us that at some time after the conclusion of the verse 25 prophecy, that Christ died on the cross to achieve the outcome of the second half of the verse 24 prophecy.

The only constraint on the Daniel 9:26b prophecy is when it is completed. I would suggest that it ends when the Daniel 8 prophecy of the 2,300 years of the trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts comes to its prescribed end. This prophecy is the fulfilment of God's warning found in 2 Chron 7 in these verses: -

2 Chronicles 7:19-20: - 19 “But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, 20 then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.​

This warning is a repeating of the warning given in Exodus 20:4-6: -

Exodus 20:4-6: - 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth {ages of their existence} of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.​

We cannot ring fence Daniel 9:24-27 to come to an understanding of what these five independent prophecies tell us.

It is a mistake to believe that we can come to an understanding of what is being said in these prophecies unless we read widely within the scriptures themselves.

Shalom

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ezra? Only that which is found in Ezra 7:12-26 KJV.

Have you read Ezra 7:12-26?
Have you?

12 Artaxerxes, king of kings,

To Ezra the priest, a scribe of the Law of the God of heaven:

Perfect peace, and so forth.

13 I issue a decree that all those of the people of Israel and the priests and Levites in my realm, who volunteer to go up to Jerusalem, may go with you. 14 And whereas you are being sent by the king and his seven counselors to inquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem, with regard to the Law of your God which is in your hand; 15 and whereas you are to carry the silver and gold which the king and his counselors have freely offered to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem; 16 and whereas all the silver and gold that you may find in all the province of Babylon, along with the freewill offering of the people and the priests, are to be freely offered for the house of their God in Jerusalem— 17 now therefore, be careful to buy with this money bulls, rams, and lambs, with their grain offerings and their drink offerings, and offer them on the altar of the house of your God in Jerusalem.

18 And whatever seems good to you and your brethren to do with the rest of the silver and the gold, do it according to the will of your God. 19 Also the articles that are given to you for the service of the house of your God, deliver in full before the God of Jerusalem. 20 And whatever more may be needed for the house of your God, which you may have occasion to provide, pay for it from the king’s treasury.

21 And I, even I, Artaxerxes the king, issue a decree to all the treasurers who are in the region beyond the River, that whatever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the Law of the God of heaven, may require of you, let it be done diligently, 22 up to one hundred talents of silver, one hundred kors of wheat, one hundred baths of wine, one hundred baths of oil, and salt without prescribed limit. 23 Whatever [f]is commanded by the God of heaven, let it diligently be done for the house of the God of heaven. For why should there be wrath against the realm of the king and his sons?

24 Also we inform you that it shall not be lawful to impose tax, tribute, or custom on any of the priests, Levites, singers, gatekeepers, Nethinim, or servants of this house of God. 25 And you, Ezra, according to your God-given wisdom, set magistrates and judges who may judge all the people who are in the region beyond the River, all such as know the laws of your God; and teach those who do not know them. 26 Whoever will not observe the law of your God and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily on him, whether it be death, or banishment, or confiscation of goods, or imprisonment.

There is NOTHING in here about restoring the CITY. this is about the HOUSE of God. or the temple..

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Our understanding of Daniel is a man-made construct that satisfies our desire to know what God meant in all of the prophecies given to Daniel, particularly the five independent prophecies in Daniel 9:24-27.

The answer as to the overarching time period of the Book of Daniel can be found in Daniel 12 in these verses: -

Daniel 12:5-9: - 5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?”​
7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.
8 Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, “My lord, what shall be the end of these things?”​
9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.​

When is the Time of the End? The Book of Revelation answers this question. The time of the end of this present world is the Great White Throne Room Judgement.

H:4150 has been given the following meaning by Strong: -

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
appointed sign, time, place of, solemn assembly, congregation, set, solemn feast​

This solemn assembly can only be pointing to the GWTHJ of all of the peoples of the earth.

Now since Satan has not yet been imprisoned in the Bottomless pit yet for 1,000 years and the prophecies were given to Daniel around 2,500 years ago, the time span of the "time, times and half a time," must be around 3,500 years or a little longer. I would equate this time period in Daniel 12:7 to be three and a half ages when the word "times" represents an "age."

Now the Daniel 9:26b prophecy spans a time period of two ages, which is the time when the Armageddon Judgement of the Heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth are judged for their respective parts in the trampling of God's sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts over a period of 2,300 years from just after the time that Alexandra's Empire was divided into four parts between the four generals over Alexandra's army.

Shortly after this, the 2,300 years of the Little Horn's influence over armies given to him during this time period, began and has continued right up and until this present time. The 2,300 years will end with the observable sign of the kings of the earth assembling at the place called Armageddon in our near future, after which all of Israel will be saved.

Now if the Daniel 9:27 solemn covenant is not entered by the people of the earth until the Bottomless pit is unlocked so that those imprisoned in it can rise up out of the earth, then we have the dilemma of justifying the stretching of the 70 weeks of years over a time period of three and a half ages.

In my previous posts I have suggested that the Daniel 9:24a portion of the full verse 24 prophecy occurred over a period of 490 years, i.e., solar years, and that this 490-year period ended just prior to when Christ was Born in Bethlehem. I have also suggested that the verse 25 prophecy's time constraints, is not as important as some make out them to be, as verse 26a tells us that at some time after the conclusion of the verse 25 prophecy, that Christ died on the cross to achieve the outcome of the second half of the verse 24 prophecy.

The only constraint on the Daniel 9:26b prophecy is when it is completed. I would suggest that it ends when the Daniel 8 prophecy of the 2,300 years of the trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts comes to its prescribed end. This prophecy is the fulfilment of God's warning found in 2 Chron 7 in these verses: -

2 Chronicles 7:19-20: - 19 “But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, 20 then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.​

This warning is a repeating of the warning given in Exodus 20:4-6: -

Exodus 20:4-6: - 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth {ages of their existence} of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.​

We cannot ring fence Daniel 9:24-27 to come to an understanding of what these five independent prophecies tell us.

It is a mistake to believe that we can come to an understanding of what is being said in these prophecies unless we read widely within the scriptures themselves.

Shalom
These prophecies aren't independent - they are built one upon the other because God, like any good teacher, utilizes the principle of "Repetition and Enlargement" ie., Dan 2 ends with the ten toes and Christ's coming, but Dan 7 adds among other things the Little Horn and judgment before Christ and the saints receive the kingdom.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NOTHING in here about restoring the CITY. this is about the HOUSE of God. or the temple..
It is an inarguable fact that the purpose of the temple - God's "three dimensional Plan of Salvation" - was established for the singular work of atonement for sin. Got it? Atonement for sin by sacrifices and priestly intercession.
  • What does "teaching" God's law (Ezra 7:25) including secular laws have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What do "magistrates and judges" (Ezra 7:25) over secular affairs have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does enforcing God's laws (Ezra 7:26) including secular laws have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does execution of prison and death sentences (Ezra 7:26) have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does enforcing the king's law (Ezra 7:26) have to do with atonement for sin?
  • Why did Ezra thank God for "a wall" (Ezra 9:9) just after the Ezra 7 decree and long before 445/444?
These are municipal provisions for a municipality - not a temple. Insisting the Ezra 7 decree has only to do with "the temple" is simply reckless hermeneutics not supported by either Scripture or common sense.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These prophecies aren't independent - they are built one upon the other because God, like any good teacher, utilizes the principle of "Repetition and Enlargement" ie., Dan 2 ends with the ten toes and Christ's coming, but Dan 7 adds among other things the Little Horn and judgment before Christ and the saints receive the kingdom.

What you have posted is your opinion. You have made a claim that is not backed up with scripture or any other evidence.

The Daniel 2 statue prophecy is all about the land of Babylon and the people groups who have had dominion over that land. The five beasts of Daniel 7 are not connected with the people groups that are the representatives of the five segments in the statue prophecy. The timespan of this prophecy covers three and a half ages. Jeremaih 50 tells us that there is a two-age period where the land of Babylon is left desolated and devastate before it is remembered once more to receive the wrath of God for their deeds.

The five beasts mentioned in the Daniel 7 prophecy are wicked fallen heavenly hosts who have the ability to influence individuals, people groups, kingdoms, nations and empires, In this prophecy there is a 1,000-year gap between when the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are judged and when they rise up out of the Bottomless Pit during the little while period where the first four beast return an act as a single entity. Sadly, people have latched onto manmade historical events and claimed that the nations in man's historical record represent the actual beasts, whereas I would suggest that the four winds of heaven, i.e., fallen heavenly hosts who also rebelled against God with Satan, are the beasts that are pointed to in this chapter.

Now I ask you, what is the given prophetic connection between verse 24 and verse 25. these two prophetic verses are independent from each other although they do overlap each other time wise.

From a big picture perspective, what you are claiming is somewhat true, but you have not provided the full big picture. You have only given what you perceive is true by leaving out some important details.

Shalom.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an inarguable fact that the purpose of the temple - God's "three dimensional Plan of Salvation" - was established for the singular work of atonement for sin. Got it? Atonement for sin by sacrifices and priestly intercession.
  • What does "teaching" God's law (Ezra 7:25) including secular laws have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What do "magistrates and judges" (Ezra 7:25) over secular affairs have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does enforcing God's laws (Ezra 7:26) including secular laws have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does execution of prison and death sentences (Ezra 7:26) have to do with atonement for sin?
  • What does enforcing the king's law (Ezra 7:26) have to do with atonement for sin?
  • Why did Ezra thank God for "a wall" (Ezra 9:9) just after the Ezra 7 decree and long before 445/444?
These are municipal provisions for a municipality - not a temple. Insisting the Ezra 7 decree has only to do with "the temple" is simply reckless hermeneutics not supported by either Scripture or common sense.
So you can not show me where the command to restore the city is in Ezra

thank you. I knew you could not. Because t was nto given, the command to restor the city was not given until Nehemiah chapter two

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can not show me where the command to restore the city is in Ezra
I get it. You've believed for so long the Ezra decrees are limited to Temple restoration, only to have someone come along and shatter that by magnifying for you the Ezra 7 decree which establishes systems of Education, Judiciary, Constabulary and Penal Corrections - all of which have nothing to do with Temple restoration and everything to do with Municipal restoration - and it's hard to let go of a disproven belief.
thank you. I knew you could not. Because t was nto given, the command to restor the city was not given until Nehemiah chapter two
There is no "command to restore the city" in Nehemiah 2, but only timber provision for gates and a wall - no provisions for systems of Educational, Judiciary, Constabulary or Penal Corrections or anything else.

BTW, it seems you refuse to acknowledge Ezra's thanksgiving for "a wall" after the Ezra 7 decree b/c it proves the decree in Nehemiah was one of augmentation, not revelation - right or wrong?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it. You've believed for so long the Ezra decrees are limited to Temple restoration, only to have someone come along and shatter that by magnifying for you the Ezra 7 decree which establishes systems of Education, Judiciary, Constabulary and Penal Corrections - all of which have nothing to do with Temple restoration and everything to do with Municipal restoration - and it's hard to let go of a disproven belief.
Shatter me?

Nah you have not shattered me, You just proved how Manipulated you are. The command to restor jersusalem was given in the month of Nisan in the th year of king artexerxes.. As you read in chapter one. The city walls were not built. The city lie in ruins.

There is no "command to restore the city" in Nehemiah 2, but only timber provision for gates and a wall - no provisions for systems of Educational, Judiciary, Constabulary or Penal Corrections or anything else.

BTW, it seems you refuse to acknowledge Ezra's thanksgiving for "a wall" after the Ezra 7 decree b/c it proves the decree in Nehemiah was one of augmentation, not revelation - right or wrong?
LOLOL

wow man, You have not changed.

The command was to not only give him those things, but give him those things to REBUILD the city. Because they city has not been rebuilt yet

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There can only be one correct interpretation of the 70 Weeks prophecy. That means most views are wrong. I wanted to identify a single issue as the test to judge all interpretations by. I think I have found it.

Everyone argues endlessly about which king made the decree to start the whole period of the 70 Weeks. Was it Cyrus? Was it Darius? Was it Artaxerxes? Was it something else people come up with? Well, Ezra gives us the major clue.

When talking about the second temple, he says: [Ezr 6:14 LSB] 14b So they built and completed [it] according to the decree of the God of Israel and the decree of Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.

Ezra 6:14 states that there were more than just 3 decrees from earthly kings that allowed for the completion of the temple (and by extension, returning to the land and rebuilding Jerusalem). There was a fourth. In addition Ezra seems to list the earthly decrees in chronological order. That would suggest that the decree by God, which no one recognizes, happened BEFORE the one from Cyrus. Where is this decree? Why does no one recognize or address this? Can your particular system even survive taking this decree into account? Either your interpretation can't pass the test or your interpretation does not consider the Word of God as accurate.

My claim is that ALL interpretations of the 70 Weeks Prophecy can not pass this test. Except for the one correct one.
Very true, and we must dig through the three Persian decrees and see which one passes the test.

Cyrus issued the first decree in the first year of his Babylonian reign, which was 538/537 B.C. The Bible does not indicate when in the first year of his reign this decree was given, so we do not know whether the year involved was 538 or 537 B.C. Nor does the Bible tell us when Zerubbabel's party left Babylon and when they arrived in Jerusalem, so we do not know when this decree became effective. The Bible's vagueness about these details argues against this being the all important decree. Furthermore, Cyrus's decree says nothing about the restoration of the city. It only goes over the rebuilding of the Temple so this one doesnt pass the test.

Next one, we look and scripture gives no date at all for the second decree, that of Darius the Great. All we know is that it was given in the early years of his reign, because, as a result of it, the Temple was completed and dedicated. And, like Cyrus's, Darius's decree was concerned with the restoration of the Temple, not of the city so this one doesnt pass the test

Then we come to the third decree which it tells was of the seventh year of Artaxerxes, clearly recorded that we have the information necessary to locating in time this important prophecy.
Ezra 7:8-9
8 And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which was in the seventh year of the king
9 For upon the first day of the first month began he to go up from Babylon, and on the first day of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem, according to the good hand of his God upon him.

In this decree we are told that Ezra left Babylon on the first day of month 1 of the seventh year of the reign of Artaxerxes, and that he and his group arrived in Jerusalem on the first day of month 5 of the same year. For no other decree is such detail given and laid out, we can see how this one passed the test.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shatter me?

Nah you have not shattered me, You just proved how Manipulated you are.
I didn't say "shatter you" - I said "shatter that" ie., "shatter that idea". It's clear who's manipulating things.
The command to restor jersusalem was given in the month of Nisan in the th year of king artexerxes.. As you read in chapter one. The city walls were not built. The city lie in ruins.
There is no "command to restore Jerusalem" in Nehemiah. It was merely authorization of timber for gates and a wall.

The command to "restore Jerusalem" is in Ezra 7 where Artaxerxes commanded work for the temple, a Judicial system, an Educational system, a Constabulary, and a Penal Corrections system, as well as an unrecorded command to give Jerusalem "a wall" as evidenced by Ezra 9:9.
wow man, You have not changed.
Don't get emotional and accusational because your credibility continues to be diminished by your refusal to address the above facts, ESPECIALLY the one about Ezra 9:9.
The command was to not only give him those things, but give him those things to REBUILD the city. Because they city has not been rebuilt yet
If authorization for a wall didn't happen until Nehemiah, why did Ezra thank God for "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree?

Because the decree in Nehemiah was augmentation - not new revelation.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say "shatter you" - I said "shatter that" ie., "shatter that idea". It's clear who's manipulating things.

There is no "command to restore Jerusalem" in Nehemiah. It was merely authorization of timber for gates and a wall.

The command to "restore Jerusalem" is in Ezra 7 where Artaxerxes commanded work for the temple, a Judicial system, an Educational system, a Constabulary, and a Penal Corrections system, as well as an unrecorded command to give Jerusalem "a wall" as evidenced by Ezra 9:9.

Don't get emotional and accusational because your credibility continues to be diminished by your refusal to address the above facts, ESPECIALLY the one about Ezra 9:9.

If authorization for a wall didn't happen until Nehemiah, why did Ezra thank God for "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree?

Because the decree in Nehemiah was augmentation - not new revelation.
Neh :
The king said to me, “What is it you want?”

Then I prayed to the God of heaven, 5 and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.”

6 Then the king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked me, “How long will your journey take, and when will you get back?” It pleased the king to send me; so I set a time.

Nice try.

But fail

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neh :
The king said to me, “What is it you want?”

Then I prayed to the God of heaven, 5 and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.”

6 Then the king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked me, “How long will your journey take, and when will you get back?” It pleased the king to send me; so I set a time.

Nice try.

But fail
I don't care if Nehemiah asked to rebuild the city, the gates, the wall, the subway, the airport, city hall, MetroPlex theatre, and the flippin Taco Bell.

Gabriel said from the going forth of the king's commandment - not the wishlist of Nehemiah.

Understand?

Ezra 7 is the only kingly commandment which comprehensively fulfills "restore and build Jerusalem" (as evidenced by Ezra 9:9 KJV) while Nehemiah 2 is merely the king's provision for timber to rebuild gates and the wall.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if Nehemiah asked to rebuild the city, the gates, the wall, the subway, the airport, city hall, MetroPlex theatre, and the flippin Taco Bell.

Gabriel said from the going forth of the king's commandment - not the wishlist of Nehemiah.

Understand?

Ezra 7 is the only kingly commandment which comprehensively fulfills "restore and build Jerusalem" (as evidenced by Ezra 9:9 KJV) while Nehemiah 2 is merely the king's provision for timber to rebuild gates and the wall.
I know

you don;t care about truth.. we determined this long ago

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know

you don;t care about truth.. we determined this long ago
Ezra already thanked God for "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem" and your choice to hurl insults instead of addressing that serves the community well in proving how inept are your ideas.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezra already thanked God for "a wall in Judah and Jerusalem" and your choice to hurl insults instead of addressing that serves the community well in proving how inept are your ideas.
Forgive me, But I am not the type of person who when someone requests that I go buildl something, I just give him permission to buy the lumber and the materials required to build that something, then go and wait until they get the command to do so.

Common sense should take place that the person who sent him the command to get the equipment to rebuild. Also gave him the command to rebuild..

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive me, But I am not the type of person who when someone requests that I go bull something, I just give him permission to buy the lumber and the materials required to build that something, then go and wait until they get the command to do so.

Common sense should take place that the person who sent him the command to get the equipment to rebuild. Also gave him the command to rebuild..
1. Why do you insist on extrapolating what is nothing more than a mere royal subsidy of timber to the status of "command for the rebuilding of Jerusalem"?

2. Why did Ezra thank God for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree if a wall wasn't authorized until Nehemiah?

THERE WAS NO NEED TO ISSUE ANY "COMMAND" AUTHORIZING THE REBUILDING OF JERUSALEM IN NEHEMIAH BECAUSE ARTAXERXES HAD ALREADY ISSUED A COMPREHENSIVE DECREE IN EZRA 7 WHICH PROVIDED FOR BEAUTIFYING THE TEMPLE AS WELL AS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENTS OF EDUCATION, JUSTICE, POLICE, AND PENAL CORRECTIONS, AS WELL AS AN IMPLIED AUTHORIZATION TO REBUILD THE WALL, AS EVIDENCED IN EZRA 9:9 KJV.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Why do you insist on extrapolating what is nothing more than a mere royal subsidy of timber to the status of "command for the rebuilding of Jerusalem"?

2. Why did Ezra thank God for "a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem" after the Ezra 7 decree if a wall wasn't authorized until Nehemiah?

THERE WAS NO NEED TO ISSUE ANY "COMMAND" AUTHORIZING THE REBUILDING OF JERUSALEM IN NEHEMIAH BECAUSE ARTAXERXES HAD ALREADY ISSUED A COMPREHENSIVE DECREE IN EZRA 7 WHICH PROVIDED FOR BEAUTIFYING THE TEMPLE AS WELL AS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENTS OF EDUCATION, JUSTICE, POLICE, AND PENAL CORRECTIONS, AS WELL AS AN IMPLIED AUTHORIZATION TO REBUILD THE WALL, AS EVIDENCED IN EZRA 9:9 KJV.
Why did Nehimiah request to rebuild the wall and city. And when he got there. the walls were destroyed and the city was in shambles, i as you say, It was done long before?

Your argument alone destroys your teaching.