The actual/original really good news !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
imho the Saviour of the world would not,could not and did not do things by half measures - it is finished He said - really knowing human nature imho He has provided the way that we are saved in spite of ourselves - more later - any comments - winc

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Oh boy another Reformed.

Rehash, of the Reformed, and spam it is.

Never liked it, never ate it.

Re-formed Theology leads to Universalism, just saying.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
nothead said:
Oh boy another Reformed.

nothead said:
Oh boy another Reformed.

seems you did not notice original not reformed - but could be reformed back to original - winc

nothead

Apr 2, 2014

Saved in spite of yourself isn't wrong until you say yourself has no will...then I have to refute. FREE WILL I don't affirm, but WILL is what God gives man all his own.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
nothead said:
Saved in spite of yourself isn't wrong until you say yourself has no will...then I have to refute. FREE WILL I don't affirm, but WILL is what God gives man all his own.
winc said:
in Him we move and live and have our being - all we have to do is accept but we are too busy doing nothing - winc

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
winc said:
winc said:
in Him we move and live and have our being - all we have to do is accept but we are too busy doing nothing - winc

You mean all you have to do to begin.

Covenant.

So begin...now what? Cost you everything you got, for many. Most. Who begin.

Parable of the man who found the Pearl Maybe Earl the Pearl who names it him:

[SIZE=.75em]44 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
[SIZE=.75em]45 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
[SIZE=.75em]46 [/SIZE]Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
RANDOR said:
imho...is that the new character in the up coming Walt Disney movie?
No this is the guy who gits to them Pearly Gates. YOU for instance. Wiseacre.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
nothead said:
QUOTE]You mean all you have to do to begin.

Covenant.

So begin...now what? Cost you everything you got, for many. Most. Who begin.

Parable of the man who found the Pearl Maybe Earl the Pearl who names it him:

[SIZE=.75em]44 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
[SIZE=.75em]45 [/SIZE]Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
[SIZE=.75em]46 [/SIZE]Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

[/QUOTE]Thank you for caring again!

Matt.13:45 , 46 Making sure you understand that the "Pearl" is the Godman Lord Jesus Christ and His salvation, correct?

Old Jack

Reactions: RANDOR

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring again!

Matt.13:45 , 46 Making sure you understand that the "Pearl" is the Godman Lord Jesus Christ and His salvation, correct?

Old Jack

Yeah propitiation, which is belief in the Christ. Can't have one without the other. Whether the pearl is the propitiation or the Christ don't matter.

If it do, I don't know how. The third option is REBIRTH which also depends on belief in the Christ. To be reborn is to enter Covenant.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
nothead said:
Yeah propitiation, which is belief in the Christ. Can't have one without the other. Whether the pearl is the propitiation or the Christ don't matter.

If it do, I don't know how. The third option is REBIRTH which also depends on belief in the Christ. To be reborn is to enter Covenant.
what has this got to do with the topic/post - winc
RANDOR said:
what has this to do with the topic/post - winc
RANDOR said:
nothead said:
No this is the guy who gits to them Pearly Gates. YOU for instance. Wiseacre.
what has this to do with the topic/post -winc

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
winc said:
what has this got to do with the topic/post - winc

what has this to do with the topic/post -winc

Are you for real? Good news dude. What is the Good News dude.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
winc said:
imho the Saviour of the world would not,could not and did not do things by half measures - it is finished He said - really knowing human nature imho He has provided the way that we are saved in spite of ourselves - more later - any comments - winc
I think it refers to jesus mission to earth and his crucifixion being "finished" ..... does not mean everything is finished.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
I think it refers to jesus mission to earth and his crucifixion being "finished" ..... does not mean everything is finished.

He did his part in our Covenant with him in Spirit which for God is Covenant to Him in Spirit.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your caring again!

"He did his part..."??? Wasn't it more like the Godman's great Substitute paid the great price of ransom, paid it to the uttermost farthling.

"Did his part,"??? Ie, I almost let you ruin my day.

Old Jack recovering

As the movie once quoted, "Made my day, when He said to me, Covenant is two way man and Me."

Of Course Jesus finished all, from his end of Covenant to his God. This is why all things are UNDER him if not now then, then in heaven and on earth. At least until he gives it back so that God can be all in all 1 Cor 15.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
nothead said:
As the movie once quoted, "Made my day, when He said to me, Covenant is two way man and Me."

Of Course Jesus finished all, from his end of Covenant to his God. This is why all things are UNDER him if not now then, then in heaven and on earth. At least until he gives it back so that God can be all in all 1 Cor 15.
Thank you again for your respone, ie, make my day!

ICor.15:24 At the end Christ will return this rule and authority with all that it has accomplished to the Father's hands. We finally can agree to agree, pretty much, on something, great!

This transfer indicates no subordination of the Son to the Father as little as the transfer of the rule to Christ originally involved a subordination of the Father to the Son. Alllll three Persons rule now and forever because of the ONENESS OF THEIR BEING, yet pereminentiam Christ rules now, the Father eventually.

Old Jack

btw how's it feel to be on the winning team? - Godman Jesus!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All

THE INTERPRETATION OF MATTHEW 13:44-46

Mt 13:44-46

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man
hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth
that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought
it.

THE INYERPRETATION

44 The kingdom of God = body of believers
Treasure = believer
Field = the world
Man = Jesus
Sold all that he had = emptied himself of his glory and came down to earth
Buyeth the field = bought the world with his life

45 Merchant man = Jesus
Seeking pearls = seeking the lost sheep (pearl) of Israel
46 Found one pearl of great price = example is the lost sheep of Lu 15:4
Sold all that he had = emptied himself of his glory
Bought it = paid the ransom with his life

To God Be The Glory

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you again for your respone, ie, make my day!

ICor.15:24 At the end Christ will return this rule and authority with all that it has accomplished to the Father's hands. We finally can agree to agree, pretty much, on something, great!

This transfer indicates no subordination of the Son to the Father as little as the transfer of the rule to Christ originally involved a subordination of the Father to the Son. Alllll three Persons rule now and forever because of the ONENESS OF THEIR BEING, yet pereminentiam Christ rules now, the Father eventually.

Old Jack

btw how's it feel to be on the winning team? - Godman Jesus!
Emyeah. God takin' turns. 'Cept the much neglected third partner never gets his due. Or if HE ever did, what a turn never gets mentioned...this idea is PAGAN to the core of us.

I am ashamed to call you my brother, brother. Here's a hug. Anda smack top of yo bald head. Call it a smack kiss. Slap kiss. Oh oops that was harder than I meant.

You are bald aren't you?
Jun2u said:
To All

THE INTERPRETATION OF MATTHEW 13:44-46

Mt 13:44-46

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man
hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth
that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought
it.

THE INYERPRETATION

44 The kingdom of God = body of believers
Treasure = believer
Field = the world
Man = Jesus
Sold all that he had = emptied himself of his glory and came down to earth
Buyeth the field = bought the world with his life

45 Merchant man = Jesus
Seeking pearls = seeking the lost sheep (pearl) of Israel
46 Found one pearl of great price = example is the lost sheep of Lu 15:4
Sold all that he had = emptied himself of his glory
Bought it = paid the ransom with his life

To God Be The Glory
Good try. Okay then now bend THIS passage and your theology might even be true...

Luke 14

[SIZE=.75em]26 [/SIZE]If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]27 [/SIZE]And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

Only because Matt.13:44 is so important, ie, deals with the Kingdom of God. Note well the four points of the Parable that still needs undressing, ie, treasure, hidden, field, finding, securing ownership. Ths bottom line is the "Kingdom of God" needs to be acquired God's way, ie, shows how one becomes an owner of this Kingdom.

The tertium comparationis is what we're looking for. The hiding. God's treasure, hidden, indeed, is to be found by us. Will let you folks fill in the rest.

Old Jack