The anointing – The Holy Grail of Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Anointing – The Holy Grail of Christianity
I was brought up in the Marine Corp and it was not considered manly for men to touch one another. I was also cold and arrogant. I was also, having been brought up Baptist, of the Sardisean church age variety. My religion was in my head and whatever did not fit in the mental web was rejected. I am afraid that I was rude to my fellow Catholics. I knew one by the name of Bob in which he reached out with a hand of fellowship in which I heartedly refused. I have tried to look up Bob in the last decade to apologize but have never found his contact address.

My point of view changed with the likes of the early 1900's type Pentecostalism in which I spent the summer after high school with my grandmother and had a rather eventful run in with the Pentecostal Holiness church, as this area of Virginia was in a time capsule, I got an experience of early 1900's Pentecostal anointing.

I fell in with the Pentecostal Holiness church not because of the tongues, but because of the people, which were the finest I have ever met in my entire life. Pictured below is Dallas Linkous JR, which is probably the 'shoutingest' man I have ever met in my entire life. As a teenager I would put up hay with him and go with him to the revivals at night. Both him and his wife were tongue talking, shouting, happy type Pentecostals. The joy was there equally there at home as well as at work. Every one of the fruits of the spirit lamped within their lives like a great over heated pot belly stove. There was also a decency among the people like I have never seen. My grandfather was good friends with Dallas. In the 1950's they would have revivals that would go for weeks and early in the AM. Granny said that grandfather could worship the Lord until 2 AM and not have any trouble at all rising at 6 AM for work.

I remember well as a young man Dallas coming behind me to pray with me at the alter, with tears running down his cheek and onto my neck. As a guy who did not like to be touched this was quite profound. At the end of that summer we had a good revival in which the Lord seemed there in a mighty way. On reading the book, “Run Baby Run,” by Nikki Cruise, I felt a voice telling me to put the book down. I paused, and then continued again to read. The voice said again… “Put the book down.” I slept in my Grandmothers living room on an old fold away cot by the open living room door. The Katydids seemed to be singing very loud that night. There in my Grandmothers clean linens I heard the Spirit speak again, “Where is all the stress, worry and hatred?” In which, upon examining my heart, there was nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself. “Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!” I would spend the rest of the summer rejoicing with the people and in revival until I went back to Michigan later that September.

Dallas_zps81e23487.jpg

I have described the anointing as I experienced it spiritually, So, how do I mentally describe the anointing? If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that m (mass) = E / c2 (Energy)… And there are three varieties…

Natural (mass) – God put everything together with Energy and light
Intellectual E/c2 – Our thinking can produce a spiritual light
Spiritual E / c2 – Energy (Motivation, warmth, love) Light (Faith, hope. charity, joy)…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The spiritual E/c2 is picked up in the inner temple – Especially at the candlestick and the Holy of Holies…
1. Outer Wall - Justification - Faith
2. Alter - Salvation - Christ is our sacrifice
3. Laver - Sanctification - Conforming to a righteous believers standard.
*** Inner temple = Inner sanctification***
4. Lampstand - Energy, Motivation, faith, hope, charity, joy, peace, gentleness.
5. Table of Shewbread - Daily reading of God's word.
6. Alter of Golden Incense -Prayer and praise!
***Veil to the Holy of Holies***
7. Ark of the Covenant - The Baptism in the Holy Ghost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is my belief that the churches unraveled in seven ages as presented in the book of Revelation... The anointing was best available in the Ephesus and Philadelphian ages...

1. Ephesus – Apostolic – Leaving the first love… “All they which are in Asia be turned away…” – II Timothy 1:15
2. Smyrna – Martyrs – Persecutions ten days… Foxes Book of Martyrs describes ten Roman persecutions.
3. Pergamos – Orthodox – A pyrgos is a fortified structure – Needed for the dark ages.
4. Thyatira – Catholic – The Spirit of Jezebel is to persecute, control, and to dominate. Can invade any church!
5. Sardis – Protestant – A sardius is a gem, elegant yet hard and rigid. Doctrine in the head, little in the heart.
6. Philadelphia – Methodist – To obtain sanctification was to do so with love.
7. Laodicea – Charismatic – Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

To break down the spiritual E/c2...

Energy – Motivation / Love / Warmth

Light (three main wavelengths)…

A. CHARITY Galatians 5: Love, Joy , Peace, Patience, Gentleness, Goodness. I Cor 13: Kindness, Politeness, and Perfection
Caritus: Latin’s highest form of Love Charit'e: French derivative, "Cheri" means beloved Charis: Greek for Grace Chara: Greek for Joy Eucharisteo: “Much Grace” Greek for gratitude Charizomai: Well-favored
Chairo: Greek for Cheer, "Cheerio Mate!“ Chrestos: Useful, gracious Chrestotes: Excellence in character
Euchrestos: Greek for profitable Charisma: Heavenly Graciousness Chrisma: Heavenly Anointing
B. FAITH “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” –Mark 11:24
C. HOPE “My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope. “ –Ovid

In which, if I had to put these things in a list in which they are acquired it would be as such...

1. Hope - Hope is something that we all live for.
2. Faith - The second spiritual constituent is faith, which opens the door to the temple. We must continue to keep our faith up, it is a lifelong thing.
3. Learned virtues - I Cor 13: Kindness, Politeness, Perfection, etc.
4. Charis: Greek for Grace.
5. Eucharisteo: “Much Grace” Greek for gratitude
6. Charizomai: Well-favored - Kinda a mixture of love and hope.
7. Euchrestos: Greek for profitable... Let profitable thoughts rule the day!
8. Chairo: Greek for Cheer, "Cheerio Mate!“
9. Chara: Greek for joy... The joy of the Lord is your strength!
10. Chrestotes: Excellence in character
11. Charisma: Heavenly Graciousness - A charming character!
12. Chrisma: Heavenly Anointing The Holy Grail of Christianity!

But ye have an unction (Chrisma) from the Holy One... 1 John 2:20

When an individual, like Dallas pictured above, acquires the Heavenly Anointing, everyone is aware of it without even speaking a word. This spiritual wine flows out of them like rivers of living water (John 7:38). I is like a spiritual plasma flowing out in all its warmth and its light and is very much akin to the same stuff that went into the creation of the universe.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let's see, I think the definiton of the anointing has been successful, and that we can deduce that...

Spiritual E/c2= E (energy, love, motivation) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

There is also an opposite world. The opposite of energy would be absolute zero (which I will give the z variable) and the opposite of light would be darkness (d).

Spiritual z/d= z(apathy, hate, laziness) / d(fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

It is the will of satan to send as much of the z/d our way to inhibit us from reaching the holy grail of Christianity, which is the anointing of the Holy Ghost. Wait.... There is yet another...

The spirit world...

1. E/c2 - The true light and energies
2. z/d - The spiritual dark energies
3. False E/c2 - Arrogance

You will recall in scripture that Lucifer once was possibly an arch angel who was over the worship and the scripture refers to him as an anointed cherib. There came a time in which ego entered his heart and it was downhill from there.

There is yet another obstical from reaching the place of annointing and that is the flesh, so the enemies of the annointing are three...

1. Spiritual Darkness
2. Ego
3. Flesh

There have been too many men of God who have been overwhelmed by these three enemies and rendered unprofitable in the work of the Lord due to these three enemies. And I cannot tell you the people who have been deceived to the fact that unction=arrogance... Which is an impossibility.
--------------------------------------
There is fruit to the Spiritual Anointing of God, and that is the voice of God. If a man is anointed in the Spirit the people will be hearing the voice of God speak to the heart as well as the man of God speaking into the ears. Growing up Baptist we would have evangelists come to church where we would all be convicted and begin to pray.

Even as a young man you could almost actually see the anointing on the countenance of Billy Graham!

billy-graham-avatar-1130.jpg