The anointing or something else?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God keeps putting fragrances down on my walk for me to smell. Usually they're men's cologne. And I swear I recognized one as Jesus'. But today, 4 days before mothers day I smelt my Mom's perfume. And she passed on this year.

I originally thought these were angels that weren't manifesting themselves to me visually. But then @Angelina mentioned that it happens with the anointing.

So now I'm confused. Since today was targeted towards a specific meaning for mothers day.

Ideas?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God keeps putting fragrances down on my walk for me to smell. Usually they're men's cologne. And I swear I recognized one as Jesus'. But today, 4 days before mothers day I smelt my Mom's perfume. And she passed on this year.

I originally thought these were angels that weren't manifesting themselves to me visually. But then @Angelina mentioned that it happens with the anointing.

So now I'm confused. Since today was targeted towards a specific meaning for mothers day.

Ideas?
i sometimes smell a passing beautiful fragrance that seems to come from nowhere and it is not one I recognise. I sometimes think it maybe supernatural.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i sometimes smell a passing beautiful fragrance that seems to come from nowhere is is not one I recognise. I sometimes think it maybe supernatural.
I asked God about it and a thought came to mind that said, "they are people you will see on the other side". But it was just a thought and it wasn't a profound revelation with Peace Love and Joy, which is what I recognize as God.

But yeah, it is obviously from God, as no one is anywhere near.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i sometimes smell a passing beautiful fragrance that seems to come from nowhere and it is not one I recognise. I sometimes think it maybe supernatural.
@Pearl "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour." (Ephesians 5.2)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl "And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour." (Ephesians 5.2)
I don't think that is the smell that I'm smelling though. It is exact cologne or perfume smells. Not a spiritual scent of sorts. It is physical.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every year when the privet flowers come out their fragrance fill the air like no others, and it reminds me that, as Christians, we are meant to spread the fragrance of Jesus wherever we go.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ideas?

(1) My friend Gord is a chaplain. He shared this experience. He visted Anny in a nursing home and noticed a bottle of lilac cologne on the stand by her bed. He asked her if she'd like an aide to apply it to her and she replied, "Oh, that would be lovely!" then she smiled and peacefully passed over. At the same time her daughter was in the family barn 10 miles away with her husband. She suddenly exclaimed, "Do you smell that? It smells like lilacs. Her husband concurred in amazement, especially since the lilac odor overpower the stench of pig manure in the barn. When she learned of Mom's death and arrived at the nursing home, Gord showed her the bottle of lilac cologne and shared her Mom's last request. The daughter took this as a sign that Anny had visited her and emitted the lilac odor en route to the afterlife. I have experienced floral odors of the deceased favorite flower during memorial services I performed.

(2) When faith healer Kathryn Kuhlman was dying, nurses and doctors were overpowered by the smell of roses in her hospital room. The nurse was converted through this paranormal experience. Google Kathryn Kuhlman's death and watch this nurses Youtube testimony.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1) My friend Gord is a chaplain. He shared this experience. He visted Anny in a nursing home and noticed a bottle of lilac cologne on the stand by her bed. He asked her if she'd like an aide to apply it to her and she replied, "Oh, that would be lovely!" then she smiled and peacefully passed over. At the same time her daughter was in the family barn 10 miles away with her husband. She suddenly exclaimed, "Do you smell that? It smells like lilacs. Her husband concurred in amazement, especially since the lilac odor overpower the stench of pig manure in the barn. When she learned of Mom's death and arrived at the nursing home, Gord showed her the bottle of lilac cologne and shared her Mom's last request. The daughter took this as a sign that Anny had visited her and emitted the lilac odor en route to the afterlife. I have experienced floral odors of the deceased favorite flower during memorial services I performed.

(2) When faith healer Kathryn Kuhlman was dying, nurses and doctors were overpowered by the smell of roses in her hospital room. The nurse was converted through this paranormal experience. Google Kathryn Kuhlman's death and watch this nurses Youtube testimony.
Yeah that's the answer I got from God.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior