The answer to Enoch & Abel in Hebrews 11:3-5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were set in order at God’s command, so that the visible has its origin in the invisible. 11:4 By faith Abel offered God a greater sacrifice than Cain, and through his faith he was commended as righteous, because God commended him for his offerings. And through his faith he still speaks, though he is dead. 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he did not see death, and he was not to be found because God took him up. For before his removal he had been commended as having pleased God.

As some of you may know Hebrews Chapter 11 is actually a secret message to the early believers that Christ was coming with the Roman host to discipline Israel and the scatter them throughout the earth. I wont go into that now, but I thought Hebrews 11:3-5 holds a message within a message, which the early readers would have held onto rather tightly.

The lesson here is an important one for us today and while very simple it provides great encouragement to the discerning Christian.

Question - why did the writer use Abel and Enoch as examples of faith? Assuming you accept the other hidden message that Jerusalem was going to be destroyed what did Abel & Enoch lives teach us about God and His work in these men?

For those who like to exercise their minds and find those hidden gems as per Deuteronomy 29:29, lets see your insights. By no means are my thoughts exhaustive, so lets see what the Word of God presents.

Enjoy
F2F

Last edited: