The Ark In Turkey?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
- In a discovery that has long been expected by some, but is inconceivable to most, a group of climbers recently discovered a copy of the King James Bible within remains of Noah's Ark.

Expedition leader Dr. Kyle Richardson, who is a part-time professor at Pensacola Christian College, told TBNN, "We had been planning this climb for over a year, hoping to come across wooden remains of Noah's Ark. When we found several very old planks on the north face of the mountain, near the summit, we thought we had found what we were looking for. After a closer inspection, we knew we were right. For example, several of the planks had pictures carved into them of various forms of animals that are now extinct. Also, there were eight names carved in the wood, presumably those of Noah, his wife, his sons, and his sons' wives."

Fellow climber Wendy Richardson, wife of Kyle, explained their greatest discovery. According to Wendy, "As we were carefully looking under a few of the wooden planks, we came across something that we did not expect. Inside a small wooden compartment, we found a near-perfect copy of the King James Bible. Based on where we found it, we have concluded that this bible was actually the one used by Noah during the flood so many years ago. The more we think about it now, the more sense it makes."

Although several Old and New Testament experts have raised serious questions about how a KJV could have possibly been on the ark, others are thrilled about the discovery. For example, Dr. Henry Beeth, professor of New Testament at Bob Jones University, said, "The discovery of the KJV among the remains of Noah's ark confirms what we have always known to be true. God actually first revealed himself in the KJV, long before either the Hebrew or Greek. The writers of the Hebrew Old Testament and Greek New Testament actually translated into their languages from the KJV. In 1611, the translators of the KJV were just going back to the original. We know some folks can't figure out the KJV, but this discovery just proves that it still stands as the perfectly revealed Word of God."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, I guess the mormons are right! The KJV was written centuries before it was written! Did they also find the skeleton of a unicorn? How about Elvis?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Aspen, you are being a Cafeteria Christian again, picking and choosing what in the Bible you desire to take seriously.

You have said before that you do not believe the story of Noah's Ark.

This although your denomination - The Catholic Church - teaches that it is absolutely true.

The denomination you left to join the Catholic Church also taught it as fact.

Either you believe all of the Bible or you believe none of it.

You are not qualified to determine which part is God-breathed and which isn't.

It really is that simple.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Catholic teaching is that the Bible with God as its author and inspired by Him is totally inerrant in all its parts - winc

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, you are being a Cafeteria Christian again, picking and choosing what in the Bible you desire to take seriously.

You have said before that you do not believe the story of Noah's Ark.

This although your denomination - The Catholic Church - teaches that it is absolutely true.

The denomination you left to join the Catholic Church also taught it as fact.

Either you believe all of the Bible or you believe none of it.

You are not qualified to determine which part is God-breathed and which isn't.

It really is that simple.

I still get a chuckle when you try to speak with authority, Foreigner.....

This thread makes a mockery out of the story of the Flood - especially if you believe the story is a literal account.

Unless you also need to believe that Noah had a magical addition of the complete translation of the Bible that was completed in 1611? I really hope that is not the case.

Catholic teaching is that the Bible with God as its author and inspired by Him is totally inerrant in all its parts - winc

I believe the Bible is inspired and inerrant. Although I believe that everything in the bible is supposed to be there, I do not believe it is all supposed to be interpreted literally.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Aspen, you are 100 percent correct when you mention that what Hitch posted doesn't pass the smell test.
I was commenting on what I already knew you used as an excuse to not believe the Bible's description of Noah and the Ark:

" believe the Bible is inspired and inerrant. Although I believe that everything in the bible is supposed to be there, I do not believe it is all supposed to be interpreted literally." - Aspen

Your church teaches it is to be taken literally and there is nothing in the Bible to indicate that it is anything other than what actually transpired.

You yourself simply pick and choose what is literal in the Bible and what isn't. Hence, the designator.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
Hi! 'Foreigner'

You really should be more careful about sharing your observations. :)
I have never before heard of a Christian being tagged as a "Cafeteria Christian" ... "picking and choosing what in the Bible you desire to take seriously".
I jus' 'bout spilled my coffee when the impact of it giggled up my funny bone.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
This thread makes a mockery out of the story of the Flood - especially if you believe the story is a literal account.

Well, I do believe it is a literal account, and I agree that the OP makes a mockery out of .... <_< the truth.

The piece doesn't say which mountain they were climbing but the Ark has been found in Turkey, yes. This I don't doubt.

There is plenty online and on youtube about it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, you are 100 percent correct when you mention that what Hitch posted doesn't pass the smell test.
I was commenting on what I already knew you used as an excuse to not believe the Bible's description of Noah and the Ark:

" believe the Bible is inspired and inerrant. Although I believe that everything in the bible is supposed to be there, I do not believe it is all supposed to be interpreted literally." - Aspen

Your church teaches it is to be taken literally and there is nothing in the Bible to indicate that it is anything other than what actually transpired.

You yourself simply pick and choose what is literal in the Bible and what isn't. Hence, the designator.

I think you are going to have to provide a quote from the Catechism for that idea, Foreigner

If the Flood account is literal, God and I will have a good laugh over my limited understanding - my ego is not tied up in being correct about doctrine. Like I have always said, the main point of the Flood account is not whether it REALLY happened - it is the Sovereignty of God.

Hitch

May 7, 2011
PeoplesRepublikofOregon
Well, I do believe it is a literal account, and I agree that the OP makes a mockery out of .... <_< the truth.

The piece doesn't say which mountain they were climbing but the Ark has been found in Turkey, yes. This I don't doubt.

There is plenty online and on youtube about it.
You do understand the the OP is making a mockery of KJV Only ,right?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - there was no indication that you were joking. You've got to be careful - weirder ideas have been posted that were taken seriously by the author

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
LMAO?

Hitch,

You do understand the the OP is making a mockery of KJV Only ,right?

To be honest, I thought it made more of a mockery of Christians who don't realise it was written in the language of the Israelites.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
- In a discovery that has long been expected by some, but is inconceivable to most, a group of climbers recently discovered a copy of the King James Bible within remains of Noah's Ark.

Expedition leader Dr. Kyle Richardson, who is a part-time professor at Pensacola Christian College, told TBNN, "We had been planning this climb for over a year, hoping to come across wooden remains of Noah's Ark. When we found several very old planks on the north face of the mountain, near the summit, we thought we had found what we were looking for. After a closer inspection, we knew we were right. For example, several of the planks had pictures carved into them of various forms of animals that are now extinct. Also, there were eight names carved in the wood, presumably those of Noah, his wife, his sons, and his sons' wives."

Fellow climber Wendy Richardson, wife of Kyle, explained their greatest discovery. According to Wendy, "As we were carefully looking under a few of the wooden planks, we came across something that we did not expect. Inside a small wooden compartment, we found a near-perfect copy of the King James Bible. Based on where we found it, we have concluded that this bible was actually the one used by Noah during the flood so many years ago. The more we think about it now, the more sense it makes."

Although several Old and New Testament experts have raised serious questions about how a KJV could have possibly been on the ark, others are thrilled about the discovery. For example, Dr. Henry Beeth, professor of New Testament at Bob Jones University, said, "The discovery of the KJV among the remains of Noah's ark confirms what we have always known to be true. God actually first revealed himself in the KJV, long before either the Hebrew or Greek. The writers of the Hebrew Old Testament and Greek New Testament actually translated into their languages from the KJV. In 1611, the translators of the KJV were just going back to the original. We know some folks can't figure out the KJV, but this discovery just proves that it still stands as the perfectly revealed Word of God."

wow.............the king james bible wasnt compiled until the 16th century.............how could noah hve had it?