The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be Born Again, that is the spiritual Living rebirth...our spirit needs to be Born of the Spirit?

Born Again comes after Jesus death and resurrection and NOT before @brightfame52 ..do you understand that?

Spirit gives birth to spirit,is divine revelation, that can only come from God, via his Holy Spirit.
You are being a adversary to the Truth now, denying the death of Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
More being an adversary and now slander

Brought from Death to Life​

Jesus was saying that every person without the outpoured Spirit from above is spiritually dead like the dry bones and cannot even see the Kingdom of God. In other words, a person without God’s Holy Spirit is purely “flesh” and has no spiritual eyes, ears or heart to see, hear and comprehend the message that Jesus came to bring. The Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5). The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever he wishes (John 3:8), so we are absolutely dependent on the Holy Spirit to blow upon dead people to make them alive.

Absolute Importance of Being Born Again​

Scripture is very clear that the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit comes only through the hearing of the Gospel promises (Romans 10:17). Only in the Gospel does the Spirit move to open up a person’s eyes, ears and heart through the Father’s gift of faith (Ephesians 3:8-9). The result is what Paul terms “the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5 NASB). Overall, a person must be radically born again by the wind of the Holy Spirit and raised up from the dead in their inner person, like the dry bones in Ezekiel’s vision. Without this radical transformation lived out until death, no one can enter the eternal Kingdom of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
More being an adversary and now slander
You deny the word of God,
That we must be Born of the Spirit...you try to skip that part.
Without the Spirit you are none of His?

Jesus was saying that every person without the outpoured Spirit from above is spiritually dead like the dry bones and cannot even see the Kingdom of God. In other words, a person without God’s Holy Spirit is purely “flesh” and has no spiritual eyes, ears or heart to see, hear and comprehend the message that Jesus came to bring. The Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5). The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever he wishes (John 3:8), so we are absolutely dependent on the Holy Spirit to blow upon dead people to make them alive.

Scripture is very clear that the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit comes only through the hearing of the Gospel promises (Romans 10:17). Only in the Gospel does the Spirit move to open up a person’s eyes, ears and heart through the Father’s gift of faith (Ephesians 3:8-9). The result is what Paul terms “the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5 NASB). Overall, a person must be radically born again by the wind of the Holy Spirit and raised up from the dead in their inner person, like the dry bones in Ezekiel’s vision. Without this radical transformation lived out until death, no one can enter the eternal Kingdom of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny the word of God,
That we must be Born of the Spirit...you try to skip that part.
Without the Spirit you are none of His?

More slander

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You made a false accusation, thats slander
Then explain it?

We must be Born Again...are you Born Again?

Jesus was the atonement for our sins...without Jesus there would be no atonement for our sins and there would be NO Born Of The Spirit?

Spiritual death what is it?

Do you understand that?

Jesus Christ “came into the world … to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness; that through him all might be saved” (D&C 76:41–42). The great sacrifice He made to pay for our sins and overcome death is called the Atonement. It is the most important event that has ever occurred in the history of mankind: “For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; … yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement” (Alma 34:9).

The Fall of Adam brought two kinds of death into the world: physical death and spiritual death. Physical death is separation of the body and spirit. Spiritual death is separation from God. If these two kinds of death had not been overcome by Jesus Christ’s Atonement, two consequences would have resulted: our bodies and our spirits would have been separated forever, and we could not have lived again with our Heavenly Father (see 2 Nephi 9:7–9).

But our wise Heavenly Father prepared a wonderful, merciful plan to save us from physical and spiritual death. He planned for a Savior to come to earth to ransom (redeem) us from our sins and from death. Because of our sins and the weakness of our mortal bodies, we could not ransom ourselves (see Alma 34:10–12). The one who would be our Savior would need to be sinless and to have power over death.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then explain it?

We must be Born Again...are you Born Again?

Jesus was the atonement for our sins...without Jesus there would be no atonement for our sins and there would be NO Born Of The Spirit?

Spiritual death what is it?

Do you understand that?

Jesus Christ “came into the world … to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness; that through him all might be saved” (D&C 76:41–42). The great sacrifice He made to pay for our sins and overcome death is called the Atonement. It is the most important event that has ever occurred in the history of mankind: “For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; … yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement” (Alma 34:9).

The Fall of Adam brought two kinds of death into the world: physical death and spiritual death. Physical death is separation of the body and spirit. Spiritual death is separation from God. If these two kinds of death had not been overcome by Jesus Christ’s Atonement, two consequences would have resulted: our bodies and our spirits would have been separated forever, and we could not have lived again with our Heavenly Father (see 2 Nephi 9:7–9).

But our wise Heavenly Father prepared a wonderful, merciful plan to save us from physical and spiritual death. He planned for a Savior to come to earth to ransom (redeem) us from our sins and from death. Because of our sins and the weakness of our mortal bodies, we could not ransom ourselves (see Alma 34:10–12). The one who would be our Savior would need to be sinless and to have power over death.
I dont explain nothing to slanderers.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont explain nothing to slanderers.
I have slandered no one, and the reason being you are unable to explain.is because you lack “ understanding of Spiritual Matters”.

Those without the Spirit have no understanding of spiritual matters....

We must be Born Of The Spirit.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have slandered no one, and the reason being you are unable to explain.is because you lack “ understanding of Spiritual Matters”.

Those without the Spirit have no understanding of spiritual matters....

We must be Born Of The Spirit.
Yes you have, you slandered me so please quit stalking me

Reactions: JBO

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redeemed unto Life !

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All for whom Christ died are redeemed from/out of the curse of the Law, from the penalty of the transgressed law, death being one of the consequences of that penalty, and so Christ has redeemed them He died for, from the death that is a consequence of the Transgressed Law, and having done that, they must receive Life, and that comes from the Spirit, that He may give them Life, or as Jesus says He quickens Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

That word quickeneth is the greek word zóopoieó:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

/zōgréō, "alive" and 4160 /poiéō, "make") – properly, make alive (zōos); i.e. "quicken," vivify ("animate"); (figuratively) cause what is dead (inoperative) to have life; empower with divine life.

Notice, to cause that which is dead to have Life. The elect by nature are dead to God, inoperative spiritually, alienated from the life of God, but because Jesus died for them, redeeming them from death, which is a consequence of the curse of the Law, being that He satisfied God's Law and Justice by His Death for them, He causes them to have Life, as an evidence that Christ's redeeming death was successful in redeeming them from the curse of the Law !

In fact the same word zóopoieó in Jn 6:63 is used in 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

He is the The Author of the quickening of the Spirit in Jn 6:63, the Spirit must through Christ give life to every soul that His death redeemed from the curse of the Law !

As the Elect received subjective death for the consequences of sin against the Law, they likewise receive subjective Life out of death. Thats why back to Gal 3:13-14 those who Christ redeemed from the curse of the law, it was for the purpose that they may receive the promise of the Spirit, which gives them Life Jn 6:63 ! You see Christ's redeeming Death would be for nought if it did not produce Life and bestow it upon the redeemed, if it did not do that, His Death was less effective than Adams death was that effected subjective death ! 37

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you have, you slandered me so please quit stalking me
I have done no such thing...you said we don’t need to be Born Again...only that Jesus died and was resurrected.

You bear false witness against God’s truth....without our spirit being Born Again, we will never see the Kingdom of God...

So you lie and bear false witness against the word of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
It is the Holy Spirit that quicken our spirit ,he makes it Born Again...by his Living Holy Spirit..something you seem to lack understanding/ knowledge of.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see Christ's redeeming Death would be for nought if it did not produce Life and bestow it upon the redeemed, if it did not do that, His Death was less effective than Adams death was that effected subjective death ! 37
If Adam's death affected the whole of mankind and if Jesus' death affected only the limited "elect", then, by definition, Jesus' death was less effective, even far less effective, than was Adam's death.

But of course that is not the case. Jesus' sacrifice was for the whole world, not just the few "elect".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 15

King James Version​

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Adam's death affected the whole of mankind and if Jesus' death affected only the limited "elect", then, by definition, Jesus' death was less effective, even far less effective, than was Adam's death.

But of course that is not the case. Jesus' sacrifice was for the whole world, not just the few "elect".
Yes Jesus death is limited to them it effected life into, the elect

Status
Not open for further replies.