The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus Christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of Christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deliverance from unbelief !

Unbelief is one of the sins that the elect world is saved from, that's the significance of this portion Jn 16:8-9.

The Holy Spirit convicts the elect unbeliever of sin and gives them faith.

Paul is an example, he was an elect who in unbelief rejected Jesus Christ and persecuted His followers, being blinded by the god of this world, but when it pleased God, He revealed in Him Jesus christ and he became a believer.

1 Tim 1:12-15,16

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith [to believe] and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Being saved experimentally is being delivered from unbelief .

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The Fact is, no one Jesus Christ died to save, can ever die in unbelief, that would defeat one of the main purposes of His death accomplishments.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

9 And they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,

And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:8-12

Atonement is an offering for sin, no more, no less.
Verse 8 contains the statement, "For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken." Who is the "He", who is the "My", and what is the implication? Consider for a moment that the high priest under the covenant of law, first made Atonement for himself before entering the most holy place of the Tabernacle, and then made Atonement for everyone else in the mixed multitude that left Egypt.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the objectives and effects of the death of Christ ?

Why was it important for those He shed His blood for ? It provided unto them redemption per Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The word for redemption is:

apolytrōsis and means:

releasing effected by payment of ransom

a) redemption, deliverance

b) liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

The death of Christ procured the Liberation of His people who had been captive by satan and under his power of darkness.

So all them whom Christ redeemed by His blood are recipients in time of the Spirit of Liberty.

2 Cor 3:17

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

It is written of Christ in the OT Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

also Lk 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

So, one of the objectives and effects of the death of Christ for His People is their redemption which secure unto them their regeneration, or birth by the Spirit, which gives them Spiritual liberty !

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus Christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.
Why would God create unthinking robots with no free will?

What is it those type people would need to endure if they are so guaranteed salvation that they need not even think for themselves?

And if God were going to create those type of people, who would inherit salvation no matter what, then what would be the purpose of the Bible at all, or any concept of salvation or sacrifices, or any of it?

What are they being saved from?

ETA: That's not a reality at all, it's a virtual reality with no real consequences for anything.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

9 And they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,

And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:8-12

Atonement is an offering for sin, no more, no less.
Verse 8 contains the statement, "For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken." Who is the "He", who is the "My", and what is the implication? Consider for a moment that the high priest under the covenant of law, first made Atonement for himself before entering the most holy place of the Tabernacle, and then made Atonement for everyone else in the mixed multitude that left Egypt.
They had to be in the mixed multitude group though to be considered part of the people of Israel.
And He bore the sin of many, not all. That is a significant point really being made here.
Atonement by the death of Christ, shedding His blood, His death instead of our death in hellfire, forgives sins, makes restitution, sets things right, applicable just to the people who have been forgiven their transgressions against God.
Most people wont have their sins atoned for, they will die in their sins, not having atonement for them.

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Reactions: rwb and L.A.M.B.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In His name (Christ) is preached the forgiveness of sins
But unless you believe that as Christ says, "I AM HE" you will die in your sins unforgiven. That really begs that age old question, Who is Jesus Christ!

Atonement and forgiveness go hand in hand, no atonement of sins = no forgiveness, is also true the other way, not forgiven sins = no atonement of sins.
Leviticus 4,
32 ‘If he brings a lamb as his sin offering, he shall bring a female without blemish. 33 Then he shall lay his hand on the head of the sin offering, and kill it as a sin offering at the place where they kill the burnt offering. 34 The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour all the remaining blood at the base of the altar. 35 He shall remove all its fat, as the fat of the lamb is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offering. Then the priest shall burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire to the Lord.

So the priest shall make atonement for his sin that he has committed, and it shall be forgiven him.

Jesus is OUR GREAT HIGH PRIEST, He is not the Great High Priest of unbelievers
Footnotes

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Hebrews 2:17
    Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Hebrews 3:1
    The Son Was Faithful
    Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  3. Hebrews 4:14
    Our Compassionate High Priest
    Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Since He is the High Priest of our confession, we have a Great High Priest. He makes propitiation for the sins of the people of God. That is for the children God gave to Christ to be a part of His family, read Hebrews 2

Key concepts are:

Those who are His children, are given to Christ by God. Of the election according to whom God foreknows as His.
They are His family, and God loves with a great love and saves His family who are named in Heaven above, your names are written in Heaven.
Christ only aids the seed of Abraham, as in Isaac the promised child, the promise that Abraham would have a son, we are children of that promise, so we are supernaturally born as a part of that promise, Galatians 3 and Galatians 4 exposes that truth, that we as Isaac was, are children of the promise.
They are His people for whom He makes propitiation for their forgiveness of their sins.

10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”

13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”

And again:

“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.

17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had to be in the mixed multitude group though to be considered part of the people of Israel.
And He bore the sin of many, not all. That is a significant point really being made here.
Atonement by the death of Christ, shedding His blood, His death instead of our death in hellfire, forgives sins, makes restitution, sets things right, applicable just to the people who have been forgiven their transgressions against God.
Most people wont have their sins atoned for, they will die in their sins, not having atonement for them.

John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
Yes, but He paid the redemption price for all and He alone is the judge of those that reject Him, not you or I. There are two judgments in scripture. The judgement of the saints at His return and a thousand years later, the great white throne judgement. Those who received the "mark of the beast" are cast into "the lake of fire " as well as those not written in the Book of Life. Have you seen that book? Are you witness to its contents?

We're called to learn how to discern sin and judge it within the church, but with the goal of restoration. God deals with those outside and we aren't given the right to condemn anyone (and murder in the heart is as defiling as the act.)
Listen to the prophet and God's description of the fasting pleasing to Him:

Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.

“If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Isaiah 58:6-11

Who does this speak to if not the body of Christ?
This is His Way and it's supposed to be our way.
We aren't saved by judging others, but by judging ourselves and abiding in Him. He is the wellspring of grace, not condemnation, but this doesn't come naturally to us and remains the work of His Spirit. Amen.

Reactions: Cassandra

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but He paid the redemption price for all and He alone is the judge of those that reject Him, not you or I. There are two judgments in scripture. The judgement of the saints at His return and a thousand years later, the great white throne judgement. Those who received the "mark of the beast" are cast into "the lake of fire " as well as those not written in the Book of Life. Have you seen that book? Are you witness to its contents?

We're called to learn how to discern sin and judge it within the church, but with the goal of restoration. God deals with those outside and we aren't given the right to condemn anyone (and murder in the heart is as defiling as the act.)
Listen to the prophet and God's description of the fasting pleasing to Him:

Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.

“If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Isaiah 58:6-11

Who does this speak to if not the body of Christ?
This is His Way and it's supposed to be our way.
We aren't saved by judging others, but by judging ourselves and abiding in Him. He is the wellspring of grace, not condemnation, but this doesn't come naturally to us and remains the work of His Spirit. Amen.
Who is judging here?
Paul warned the Ephesian elders about not shrinking back from the whole counsel of God. As when they do they open the door to Satanic perversions-heresies against the truth of Christ. They become tainted like leaven spreading thru the loaf, or like gangrene corrupting and killing the flesh of the body.

Acts 20
25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Those who don't believe are condemned already because they have not believed.
Only God can turn the heart of the unbelieving towards Him.
God only saves the believing ones. The unbelieving, are of those whose part is in the lake of fire at the end, that is the truth and the end of the matter, for them, there is no salvation. To suggest that there is means to go against all the teaching of Christ, the Prophets, the apostles, the scriptures and God. There is no hope for those who are on the outside. All those who are outside, Christ spoke to them only in parables, so that they will remain unseeing and believe not.

MARK 4
9 And He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

The Purpose of Parables
10 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

John 3:17-19 New King James Version
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees
This is a funny story, but oh so sadly still true today.

Matthew 16,
5 Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said to them, “Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”

7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have taken no bread.”

8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?
9 Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
10 Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?
11 How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?—but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is judging here?
Paul warned the Ephesian elders about not shrinking back from the whole counsel of God. As when they do they open the door to Satanic perversions-heresies against the truth of Christ. They become tainted like leaven spreading thru the loaf, or like gangrene corrupting and killing the flesh of the body.

Acts 20
25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Those who don't believe are condemned already because they have not believed.
Only God can turn the heart of the unbelieving towards Him.
God only saves the believing ones. The unbelieving, are of those whose part is in the lake of fire at the end, that is the truth and the end of the matter, for them, there is no salvation. To suggest that there is means to go against all the teaching of Christ, the Prophets, the apostles, the scriptures and God. There is no hope for those who are on the outside. All those who are outside, Christ spoke to them only in parables, so that they will remain unseeing and believe not.

MARK 4
9 And He said to them, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

The Purpose of Parables
10 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

John 3:17-19 New King James Version
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jesus never taught this, but actually spoke of rewards to those who offered as little as a cup of water to His disciples for His names sake. I've read the scriptures many times and they clearly teach that condemnation is the result of rejecting Christ and His gospel, not of ignorance of Him or His gospel. More than this is from human doctrines, misunderstanding scripture, and a wiiful misappropriation of scripture to support unsound doctrine and redefine God in man's evil image rather than be transformed into His righteous image revealed in the person of His Son. Tell me what soul was ever condemned by Jesus while He ministered in the flesh. Name one and I'll never post on this site again. I know that's impossible according to the Lord's own words:
John 3:17-18
Now if you believe that Jesus "pre" condemned all those who are ignorant of His person, name, and word, what kind of spirit do you think that you serve? But, I'm not your judge, the Lord is. When you stand to give account of your words, will you blame some theologian for your attitude toward the lost?
Will He commend you for usurping His authority in judgment?

So, why do you "shrink back from the whole counsel of God" or are you misunderstanding it and Him?

54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. And they went to another village.
Luke 9:54-56

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

Has the "Son of Man" changed?

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:7-9

The word of God reveals the heart of man and its first application is always to our own hearts so that we might understand our carnal nature and repent of sin.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees
This is a funny story, but oh so sadly still true today.

Matthew 16,
5 Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said to them, “Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”

7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have taken no bread.”

8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?
9 Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
10 Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?
11 How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?—but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Yes and that doctrine is identified as hypocrisy.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God create unthinking robots with no free will?

What is it those type people would need to endure if they are so guaranteed salvation that they need not even think for themselves?

And if God were going to create those type of people, who would inherit salvation no matter what, then what would be the purpose of the Bible at all, or any concept of salvation or sacrifices, or any of it?

What are they being saved from?

ETA: That's not a reality at all, it's a virtual reality with no real consequences for anything.
I've never read the book myself, but Paul and Jesus both taught about bondage to sin, and Martin Luther expounded at length on the bondage of the will. Perhaps you're asking the wrong people and should read the work of the one credited with rediscovering the gospel while still a member of the Catholic church.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the objectives and effects of the death of Christ ?

Another accomplishment of the Death of Christ, it ensured the Spiritual cleansing and sanctification of all those He died for. The church.

Eph 5:25-26

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word,

Jesus pointed that out in His Prayer Jn 17:19

19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thing is we can post scriptures all day long back and forth but the word rightly divided is what matters, as Satan also quotes scriptures.
2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The shame will come when God exposes the truth, as to who has His approval and who does not.
And scriptures also tell us this,

James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.

What will happen when opinions and private interpretations have prevailed in the minds of people over scriptures when we all come before the judgement seat of Christ.

Paul's reference to factions shows the church divided, and could not agree on matters of the faith. It is no different today. When this happens it is one of those God things. God is going to be the judge, and there will be reckoning, and do you all remember when Moses was challenged in the wilderness, by some in the congregation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not their only doctrine, your being misleading by implying that.
12 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy Luke 12:12

Believe the word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.