The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't just turn from sins and not die, we must turn to Christ and believe.

No doubt. And turning to Christ (God) means turning away from sin/unholiness; because God is holy: and to turn to God is to turn to holiness and away from unholiness/sin (see 1 Peter 1:15-16).

"if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Healing is good, I'm sure many are praying for America. I kind of think judgment is coming and it's too late. You think we'll have some healing soon?

How about forgiveness? is not forgiveness, salvation? How do we obtain salvation according to this verse except to turn from our wicked ways?

Again sin is sin, but we just don't turn away from sin and leave it at that. We turn to Christ.

Again, to turn to Christ is to turn away from unholliness/sin.

1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Unless Christ is the devil, those who are of Christ are not those who commit sin.

1Jo 2:29, If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Unless Christ is the devil, those who are of Christ are not those who commit sin.
Those in Christ cannot sin, as you said, He is not sin, but than that is because no one really knows what sin is,,, do you...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4); however, in the New Testament, we are no longer bound by the letter of the law but are to be obedient to the spirit of it (Romans 7:6).

When we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

Therefore sin is defined as walking after the flesh.

This coincides with the fact that whatsoever is not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23).

Sin is also when we know the good that we ought to do and don't do it (James 4:17).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4); however, in the New Testament, we are no longer bound by the letter of the law but are to be obedient to the spirit of it (Romans 7:6).

When we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

Therefore sin is defined as walking after the flesh.

This coincides with the fact that whatsoever is not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23).

Sin is also when we know the good that we ought to do and don't do it (James 4:17).
Sin is anything that can keep you from God, and there is only one thing that can do that, a whole topic on it, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Christ didnt die so you would be a good person, He died because for us it is impossible, dont you get it. He would have no man boast before God, not one.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is anything that can keep you from God, and there is only one thing that can do that, a whole topic on it, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Christ didnt die so you would be a good person, He died because for us it is impossible, dont you get it. He would have no man boast before God, not one.
Barnabas was a good man; full of the Holy Ghost and faith (Acts of the Apostles 11:22-24).

A fruit of the Spirit is goodness (Galatians 5:22-23).

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they did. Otherwise God would not have told them to stop sinning
Israel was chosen to be the test and example for humanity and they failed over and over again because they could not keep the Law. Today, the Jews live by the Law, turn from sin, try to live holy and what does that do for them - without Christ? If they live by faith, will Christ's cleansing be imputed to them? The Jews prior to Christ, who lived by faith, like Abraham, had Jesus' cleansing imputed to them spiritually as if they were transported to the cross. The spiritual realm exists outside of time. So then the question is, are Jews who have lived by faith since Christ cleansed as well? They have been blinded to this day ( Rom. 11), by God and so are not able until God lifts the veil.
The power that defeated sin was in His blood sacrifice and so it is possible that since that blood sacrifice cleanses past, present and future sins, all of Israel will be saved. Jesus condemned the Pharisees, so for sure tjey arent going to make it.
But then we see scriptures that say if you do not believe in Jesus, you will not be saved. They believe in a coming Messiah, but are just blind that He has been Jesus all along.

Everyone has the ability to cease from evil works

Well, then are you saying they are not slaves to sin?
The Holy Spirit is the Restrainer of sin in the world. Sin is allowed for a purpose and is woven through the fabric of time. God let humanity run wild before the Flood. This proves man is evil, left to himself without God.
We are forced to obey, to know what is right and wrong, first by our parents, then by laws of the governments and hopefully we learn from the Bible.
Otherwise left to ourselves, man will do evil continually.

Once spiritually cleansed, then sin has no power over us.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Amen.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about forgiveness? is not forgiveness, salvation? How do we obtain salvation according to this verse except to turn from our wicked ways?
Some are unable to turn from sin. They are drug attacks, slaves to lusts of the flesh and cannot stop. So they turn to God for help. He helps them, leads them to salvation, breaks that bondage of sin that they could not do themselves. Haven't you heard of people be healed by God? That is what healing is. A person possessed by demons could not do anything to get rid of them. Would Christ send you out to that person to just tell them, " Turn from your evil ways?" Sure _ that demon would laugh at you then attack you.
No, it took faith and fasting and much prayer to break Satan's strongholds. It took the power of GOD. We can do nothing without God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are unable to turn from sin. They are drug attacks, slaves to lusts of the flesh and cannot stop. So they turn to God for help. He helps them, leads them to salvation, breaks that bondage of sin that they could not do themselves. Haven't you heard of people be healed by God? That is what healing is. A person possessed by demons could not do anything to get rid of them. Would Christ send you out to that person to just tell them, " Turn from your evil ways?" Sure _ that demon would laugh at you then attack you.
No, it took faith and fasting and much prayer to break Satan's strongholds. It took the power of GOD. We can do nothing without God.
If a demon manifested itself to me I believe that the Lord has given me authority over it.

So, you are saying that the preaching of repentance will cause it to manifest.

All the better! Now the problem can be dealt with more effectively.

I have personally dealt with demons before...there was even one case where I single-handedly cast one out (with the help of God the Holy Spirit and some of His angels, of course...) In other cases, I took part in the deliverance of people who were possessed; but I was not the only believer present.

And of course I would not presume to think that such a thing is my salvation or even the proof of my salvation (see Matthew 7:22).

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Israel was chosen to be the test and example for humanity and they failed over and over again because they could not keep the Law. Today, the Jews live by the Law, turn from sin, try to live holy and what does that do for them - without Christ? If they live by faith, will Christ's cleansing be imputed to them? The Jews prior to Christ, who lived by faith, like Abraham, had Jesus' cleansing imputed to them spiritually as if they were transported to the cross. The spiritual realm exists outside of time. So then the question is, are Jews who have lived by faith since Christ cleansed as well? They have been blinded to this day ( Rom. 11), by God and so are not able until God lifts the veil.
Jews today!
Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Most of those that call themselves Jews today are rich and well known.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are saying that the preaching of repentance will cause it to manifest.
You are missing the point. My point is simply people _ sometimes _ are unable to turn from sin!!! They are slaves to it. So I gave examples: people on drugs, alcoholics, and worst case scenario, being possessed by a demon. If you told a demon possessed person to repent, he could not by himself.
THE POWER OF GOD IS NEEDED FOR REPENTANCE. FAITH IS A GIFT. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER UNLESS HE FIRST DRAWS THEM. SO THIS DRAWING POWER ENABLES THE PERSON TO REPENT. WITHOUT GOD YOU CAN DO NOTHING AND THAT INCLUDES REPENTANCE.
ACTUALLY REPENTANCE IS EVIDENCE THAT GOD IS DRAWING YOU, ENABLING YOU TO TURN.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews today!
Rev_2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev_3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Most of those that call themselves Jews today are rich and well known.
There is a remnant 1/3 Jewish population that will be saved in the End Times, the rest I would agree with you.

Romans 11 confirms this:
"I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? Far from it! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin." (vs. 1)
"In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice." (vs. 5)
"For if their rejection proves to be the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?" (vs. 15)
"You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;" (vs. 19)
"For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written:
'The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.
This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.'
In relation to the gospel they are enemies on your account, but in relation to God’s choice they are beloved on account of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy." (vs. 25-31)

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
There is a remnant 1/3 Jewish population that will be saved in the End Times, the rest I would agree with you.

Romans 11 confirms this:
"I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? Far from it! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin." (vs. 1)
"In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice." (vs. 5)
"For if their rejection proves to be the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?" (vs. 15)
"You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;" (vs. 19)
"For I do not want you, brothers and sisters, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written:
'The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.
This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.'
In relation to the gospel they are enemies on your account, but in relation to God’s choice they are beloved on account of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy." (vs. 25-31)

Many make this same mistake. Here is the correct understanding. The true Jews are from the tribe of Juda. I say this because there have been many who converted to Judism. The first being those from Babylon that came with the true Jews to rebuild the Temple and then took on the part of the Pharisees. Jesus said to them that they were of their father 'Cain'.

The children of Israel is speaking of all the tribes, not just Juda.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the point. My point is simply people _ sometimes _ are unable to turn from sin!!! They are slaves to it. So I gave examples: people on drugs, alcoholics, and worst case scenario, being possessed by a demon. If you told a demon possessed person to repent, he could not by himself.
THE POWER OF GOD IS NEEDED FOR REPENTANCE. FAITH IS A GIFT. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER UNLESS HE FIRST DRAWS THEM. SO THIS DRAWING POWER ENABLES THE PERSON TO REPENT. WITHOUT GOD YOU CAN DO NOTHING AND THAT INCLUDES REPENTANCE.
ACTUALLY REPENTANCE IS EVIDENCE THAT GOD IS DRAWING YOU, ENABLING YOU TO TURN.

Hearing the gospel message that one must repent in order to be saved may be the deciding factor that will bring a man to the end of himself so that he can trust in Jesus for his salvation.

If a man is told that he must repent, and then finds that he cannot in his own strength do so, will it not lead him to seek for the answer of how he might be able to surrender his sins to the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ?

In realizing how helpless he is, he will turn to Jesus for help; and the help will come to him from the throne room of the Lord (Hebrews 4:16).

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The children of Israel is speaking of all the tribes, not just Juda.
"All Israel will be saved", they call themselves Jews. They don't know what tribes they are from, but God does. In Rev. 7 & 14 we see 144k virgin males, 12k from each tribe, sealed before the harm comes to the earth in the Great Tribulation.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
"All Israel will be saved", they call themselves Jews. They don't know what tribes they are from, but God does. In Rev. 7 & 14 we see 144k virgin males, 12k from each tribe, sealed before the harm comes to the earth in the Great Tribulation.

The children of Israel, for the most part, don't know they of Israel. The true Jews in America know who they are, but most of the other tribes have no idea. There are others who claim to be Jews but are not.

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie;

Ben Shapiro, living in USA, is a true Jew. He can be seen on u tube. I pray that at some point he will become a Christian.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The children of Israel, for the most part, don't know they of Israel. The true Jews in America know who they are, but most of the other tribes have no idea. There are others who claim to be Jews but are not.

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan
Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie;

Ben Shapiro, living in USA, is a true Jew. He can be seen on u tube. I pray that at some point he will become a Christian.
Ben is so smart, he should slow down a little.
There are tares in the Church as well, just like the tares in the synagogues back then and now - apostates.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(3) where anyone was baptized any where in the New Testament with the following “words” from Matthew 28:19 repeated over them, “in the NAME of the Father, AND of the Son, AND of the Holy Ghost”.
What difference does it make if there is a record of such a baptism if Christ clearly commanded it?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some say, Ezekiel is in the Old Testament and therefore we ought not to heed it or pay attention to it.
Yes, they seem not to realize that the OT was all the early Christians had with which to preach the Gospel.
For it is not possible that the blood of Jesus, when it is applied, will not perform all of its functions.

It is not going to justify and not also sanctify and cleanse the believer.
Amen, Brother
It is a major part of my testimony that at conversion, the Holy Spirit came upon me with such power that I felt Him as though He were waves of liquid love flowing over me. It was such a powerful experience that I believe I may have even been in heaven for the space of about four minutes.
JBF, I've become quite fond of you, and I have had the same experience, but the devil can cause ecstatic feelings, so they can't be relied upon to gauge our experience with God.

Also, I think if you review some of your posts and take note of the instances of the words "I," "me," and "my," you might see that something may be amiss. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, I think if you review some of your posts and take note of the instances of the words "I," "me," and "my," you might see that something may be amiss. :)
I will take that into consideration.

However, I believe that we do in fact overcome the accuser of the brethren, among other things, by the word of our testimony; and how can we relate our testimony apart from using personal pronouns in the first person?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF, I've become quite fond of you, and I have had the same experience, but the devil can cause ecstatic feelings, so they can't be relied upon to gauge our experience with God.
So, in order to gauge those ecstatic feelings, one would have to know their context.

The context of mine were that I made a decision to begin reading and obeying the word of God as the direct result of rejecting the temptation to sell my soul to the devil. In this, I accepted Jesus as the Lord of my life.

I don't think that the devil would give ecstatic feelings to someone on such a basis.