The attack of satan on the gospel that I preach.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will take that into consideration.

However, i believe that we do in fact overcome the accuser of the brethren, among other things, by the word of our testimony; and how can we relate our testimony apart from using personal pronouns in the first person?
So you won't take it into consideration. Not really, right? Oh well, I love you just the way you are, unimpressable and all. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you won't take it into consideration. Not really, right? Oh well, I love you just the way you are, unimpressionable <fify> and all. :)

I took it into consideration and perhaps rejected the idea because of what I said in response to it.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tares are the children of Cain, who was the first child of the devil. Other non Christians are just that, non Christians.

The tares sown by Satan are spread throughput the world, Church included. We don't know for sure who the reprobates are. Many non-Christians are still written in the Book of Life - I dont think there is much time left though!
"The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man; the field is the world, and the good seed are the children of the kingdom; the weeds are the children of the evil one, and the enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.
Matt. 13:38-41

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
The tares sown by Satan are spread throughput the world, Church included. We don't know for sure who the reprobates are. Many non-Christians are still written in the Book of Life - I dont think there is much time left though!
"The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man; the field is the world, and the good seed are the children of the kingdom; the weeds are the children of the evil one, and the enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.Matt. 13:38-41[/QUOTe ]

The reason that one can not understand that Cain was the son of the Serpent is because they can't fandom Eve having sex with the devil, the serpent.
The scripture says that Eve told God that she was seduced.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

beguiiled
naw-shaw'

A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Cain was the son of that wicked one, the serpent.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
It goes to show that the devil can use people who mean well but who have been incorrectly taught.

It started when he challenged anyone to show biblically how it might be taught that repentance is a requirement for salvation; and he would give them $1,000 if they could show this from the Bible.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is eternal life!
Sounds like 2 different gifts being given at the same time to me.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the wages of sin is still death.

In Romans 6:22 (the context) we find that everlasting life is given as the result of having been set free from sin.