The B0X

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I guess that would depend upon exactly what sin is, wouldn't it?
If you believe in a idea called sin, then there's your first problem. Anything can be extrapolated from your views of nature, if those view's are based entirely on what you assume them to be.

And the Christian seems to think that the Bible is the source to understanding what sin is, what ultimately is right & wrong.

Yet, believing that you know what is right & wrong can't actually prove the sin for you itself.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe in a idea called sin, then there's your first problem. Anything can be extrapolated from your views of nature, if those view's are based entirely on what you assume them to be.

And the Christian seems to think that the Bible is the source to understanding what sin is, what ultimately is right & wrong.

Yet, believing that you know what is right & wrong can't actually prove the sin for you itself.
I purposely avoided attempting to define in my response to you because, whether I defined it correctly or not, would not change what sin actually is.

You presume that every man called Christian falls into the same places of error which caused you to turn away from God. The man who will endure with Him to the end will not necessarily have all of your "happy" answers, but God will give that man all of the answer that man needs.

What applies to you and to many other in the way of proof, at least according to your conclusions, does not apply to a person who really loves God. The key is the loving of God. Don't be led astray by those who are in delusion due to their lack of this love:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I purposely avoided attempting to define in my response to you because, whether I defined it correctly or not, would not change what sin actually is.

You presume that every man called Christian falls into the same places of error which caused you to turn away from God. The man who will endure with Him to the end will not necessarily have all of your "happy" answers, but God will give that man all of the answer that man needs.

What applies to you and to many other in the way of proof, at least according to your conclusions, does not apply to a person who really loves God. The key is the loving of God. Don't be led astray by those who are in delusion due to their lack of this love:

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11
Why would a good & just God cause someone to fall into a strong delusion. Did Jesus cause me to become psychotic?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not published. Haven't even tried to submit anything, even though people who read my stories keep telling me I should submit.

I take that back. I did submit one thing online a few years ago, a short story titled Love and Other Unicorns. When I got my rejection letter, I was so thrilled because I felt like a real live writer with my very own rejection letter to prove it.

I won a short story contest once. Also online. But that is the extent of my renown. :D

Have you ever considered putting together a collection of short stories and self publish?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a good & just God cause someone to fall into a strong delusion. Did Jesus cause me to become psychotic?
God is good and just, but don't expect His goodness and justice to line with yours or with men's.

I don't know all of the answers, and some answers I do know I won't share with you because of where you are and where you are not. I will say that we need to trust God about things we do not know. He will not fail us if we do. I don't expect you to understand that or agree that it is a good thing, but some things are not transferrable simply for the purpose satisfying a person's lack of belief or doubt or curiosity.

You are focused on this life in the flesh as if it should be the most important thing. While it is important. it needs to remain secondary to that which should be our first love.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
God is good and just, but don't expect His goodness and justice to line with yours or with men's.

I don't know all of the answers, and some answers I do know I won't share with you because of where you are and where you are not. I will say that we need to trust God about things we do not know. He will not fail us if we do. I don't expect you to understand that or agree that it is a good thing, but some things are not transferrable simply for the purpose satisfying a person's lack of belief or doubt or curiosity.

You are focused on this life in the flesh as if it should be the most important thing. While it is important. it needs to remain secondary to that which should be our first love.
God's goodness is in a storehouse alongside with evil. When God wants to talk to a civilization that has become refracted. All he can do is send us the very opposite to what we think is right & wrong.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point. I find nothing much out there that is tasteful enough to want to go watch either. I mostly (when I do, not often) will watch something from the "Faith and Spirituality" Genre on Netflix. I had Pureflix for awhile but, it didn't seem to have nearly as many choices as Netflix. I might try Pureflix again as it was somewhat new when I subscribed to it, and they might have added more.
"...and don't jump to any conclusions that might tend to lead us to accept that good is evil and/or that evil is good." Yes, that can be a very sneaky thing..."if even, the very elect..." In Him Always!
nancy

I watched a pretty good movie last night, has a few really slow scenes but, it really picks up! I enjoyed it, it's titled "Like Arrows". It's about how a family finds God and realizes they must bring their children up in the Lord...was good. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I haven't. Haven't the first clue how to do that and might think about it if I ever find the time. :D

If you ever decide that is a direction you want to take ...I could help you format and turn it into a file to upload. There are many avenues. Free ones. Could help you with a cover, which sites are best for marketing ...stuff like that. I’m no pro but could help you get it close. You can even print paper back books to sell yourself or give to family and friends. Print on demand is an option also so they only print as someone orders so there is no overhead cost for you. I believe “The Shack” went in this direction after rejection by most publishers. Think I read the author began with family and friends and their reactions made him want to keep going.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever decide that is a direction you want to take ...I could help you format and turn it into a file to upload. There are many avenues. Free ones. Could help you with a cover, which sites are best for marketing ...stuff like that. I’m no pro but could help you get it close. You can even print paper back books to sell yourself or give to family and friends. Print on demand is an option also so they only print as someone orders so there is no overhead cost for you. I believe “The Shack” went in this direction after rejection by most publishers. Think I read the author began with family and friends and their reactions made him want to keep going.

What type of work do you do or did you do? That sounds like a lot of work for you to offer to do!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What type of work do you do or did you do? That sounds like a lot of work for you to offer to do!

Not really. I’ve been there before and what I didn’t know how to do or couldn’t figure out “the right way”; I had to learn creative ways to do it a way I could understand but worked. Many years of working through it and the experience of failure and success. Only offering to help you with what now has become pretty simple for me because I’ve been where you are in not knowing where to start.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's goodness is in a storehouse alongside with evil. When God wants to talk to a civilization that has become refracted. All he can do is send us the very opposite to what we think is right & wrong.
So... you have decided!