The B0X

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sometimes I'd like to join this community in their discussions on many of the topics they post, but us non-believing devil's are censored from almost everything. Why don't you at least have some place where people can post their creative ideas? Why would you make this place a sensation for doctrinal issues only? There's so much more to us than heaven & hell, so much more than dogma in a box.

Reactions: Butterfly

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I'd like to join this community in their discussions on many of the topics they post, but us non-believing devil's are censored from almost everything. Why don't you at least have some place where people can post their creative ideas? Why would you make this place a sensation for doctrinal issues only? There's so much more to us than heaven & hell, so much more than dogma in a box.

People tend to gravitate to where they want to go.

Some want to talk about doctrinal issues for the purpose of condemning people while some want talk about them for the purpose of building up people.

What topics did you wish you could comment on?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
People tend to gravitate to where they want to go.

Some want to talk about doctrinal issues for the purpose of condemning people while some want talk about them for the purpose of building up people.

What topics did you wish you could comment on?
Actually I'm sick of this personable illusion. I would rather get to know the real you, while I have the time.

I mean in contrast, what do you know of those here? Other than their personal beliefs.

It seems to me here that there's a bullet, one that is loaded and aimed at anyone who's getting to close.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I know more about others here than you think I do. I've watched for about a year or so what they struggle with, what makes them happy, sad, angry. I know about their sicknesses, their family struggles, their pets, their spouses, the darkest periods of their lives. And some of them, I've known for much longer from other websites.

Some of us also communicate by Pm's at times, so there are entire conversations you don't see.

As much as I talk, and we all know Jen is very verbose, I listen without talking much more. So do some of them.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Check this out stunned:

I remember that episode...I love Stephen Kings stories. Dead Zone was an earlier book. Some of his more recent work is much better. His wife used to be a far better writer than him, even though He was the far more published, but he has almost caught up to her. Did you read his short story, The Good Marriage? They made it into a movie too. What a story! I'm a sucker for any good vs. evil plot.

I also adore Dean Koontz' more recent work. Oddly though, a big portion of his fan base doesn't...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I know more about others here than you think I do. I've watched for about a year or so what they struggle with, what makes them happy, sad, angry. I know about their sicknesses, their family struggles, their pets, their spouses, the darkest periods of their lives. And some of them, I've known for much longer from other websites.

Some of us also communicate by Pm's at times, so there are entire conversations you don't see.

As much as I talk, and we all know Jen is very verbose, I listen without talking much more. So do some of them.
In North America, ppl sometimes speak of walking the walk as well as talking the talk... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember that episode...I love Stephen Kings stories. Dead Zone was an earlier book. Some of his more recent work is much better. His wife used to be a far better writer than him, even though He was the far more published, but he has almost caught up to her. Did you read his short story, The Good Marriage? They made it into a movie too. What a story! I'm a sucker for any good vs. evil plot.

I also adore Dean Koontz' more recent work. Oddly though, a big portion of his fan base doesn't...
They are kind of thriller novels, aren't they: the Stephen Kings and the Dean Koontzes...

So what is Stephen King's wife's name? I didn't know she was a novelist also.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are kind of thriller novels, aren't they: the Stephen Kings and the Dean Koontzes...

So what is Stephen King's wife's name? I didn't know she was a novelist also.

Tabitha King.

Most would say they are horror novels. But whether horror, supernatural or action, I mainly see the good vs. Evil themes.

Reactions: farouk

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

I know Stephen Kings movies, but I've never read his books. I'm not a big fan of reading books, I'm more hands on learning.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone said, Point the finger, and three other fingers will point back to oneself...

I get the feeling you are trying to tell me something about myself that you think I haven't seen...:D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Stephen Kings movies, but I've never read his books. I'm not a big fan of reading books, I'm more hands on learning.

I used to be a rabid fiction reader. I rarely read fiction any more, but I'm still a sucker for a small handful of fiction writers.

I like to write short stories and micro minis. I like stories with a surprise ending.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I used to be a rabid fiction reader. I rarely read fiction any more, but I'm still a sucker for a small handful of fiction writers.

I like to write short stories and micro minis. I like stories with a surprise ending.
So did you publish any of your stories? Sometimes you can do it on the Web, via a number of sites that facilitate writers.

By micro minis you mean stories?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am currently watching a bizarre series on Netflix called Chambers, about a young woman who receives a heart transplant and then begins dreaming about the donors life. They keep making you think you know whodunnit and then you don't and then you do. So I guess any writer is fascinated with the craft of that.

Reactions: farouk