The Beast, The mark. The number of his name.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
None of that is true. You are trying to make it complexed when it is not. It can be understood by a child.

The beasts are nations. More the super powers.
The number of the man is the number that your nation gives to you in place of your name. The mark that you use to swear falsely to the beast is the mark of the beast.
But you will all find out soon enough.

It is true, and it is NOT complex, at least not for a servant of Christ Jesus that includes all... of His Word in Bible study doing it the way He told us to, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little (Isa.28).

Endtime

Oct 18, 2012
It is true, and it is NOT complex, at least not for a servant of Christ Jesus that includes all... of His Word in Bible study doing it the way He told us to, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little (Isa.28).

You got to be kidding me? Did you read that scripture? Read it again those who do it that way are going to be snared and caught.
Isaiah 28
12 To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing"; Yet they would not hear. 13 But the word of the Lord was to them, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little," That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught.

Elle

Sep 27, 2012
I don't confess to understand the mark completely, but here is what I think in part. We are not to buy and sell or work on the Sabbath day as shown in:

Nehemiah 10:31: "And if the people of the land bring ware or any victuals on the Sabbath day to sell, that we would not buy it of them on the Sabbath, or on the holy day..."
Nehemiah 13:15-21: "In those days saw I in Judah some treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in sheaves, and lading asses; as also wine, grapes, and figs, and all manner of burdens, which they brought into Jerusalem on the sabbath day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they sold victuals. There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold on the sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem. Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day? Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the Sabbath."

So the mark given by the Beast allows people to buy and sell, but those who don't take the mark cannot buy and sell. The reason they cannot buy and sell is because they honor the Sabbath day (not Sunday, but the 7th day Sabbath which falls on Saturday) so they cannot buy and sell. Those who do not honor the true Sabbath therefore can buy and sell on the true Sabbath because they think Sunday is the true Sabbath. I do not think this is a literal mark, but rather a spiritual mark. Your master is determined by the day you think is the Sabbath. As for me, I will honor the 7th day, not the 1st day of the week. The only way it becomes a literal reality is when a Sunday law is instituted and worship becomes mandatory on that day, those who obey are therefore spiritually marked. Those who currently worship on Sunday won't even care when it is made a law because it won't effect them in the least.

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
I don't confess to understand the mark completely, but here is what I think in part. We are not to buy and sell or work on the Sabbath day as shown in:

Nehemiah 10:31: "And if the people of the land bring ware or any victuals on the Sabbath day to sell, that we would not buy it of them on the Sabbath, or on the holy day..."
Nehemiah 13:15-21: "In those days saw I in Judah some treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in sheaves, and lading asses; as also wine, grapes, and figs, and all manner of burdens, which they brought into Jerusalem on the sabbath day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they sold victuals. There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold on the sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem. Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day? Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath. And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice. Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the Sabbath."

So the mark given by the Beast allows people to buy and sell, but those who don't take the mark cannot buy and sell. The reason they cannot buy and sell is because they honor the Sabbath day (not Sunday, but the 7th day Sabbath which falls on Saturday) so they cannot buy and sell. Those who do not honor the true Sabbath therefore can buy and sell on the true Sabbath because they think Sunday is the true Sabbath. I do not think this is a literal mark, but rather a spiritual mark. Your master is determined by the day you think is the Sabbath. As for me, I will honor the 7th day, not the 1st day of the week. The only way it becomes a literal reality is when a Sunday law is instituted and worship becomes mandatory on that day, those who obey are therefore spiritually marked. Those who currently worship on Sunday won't even care when it is made a law because it won't effect them in the least.

Amen. Yes the Mark of the Beast is a spiritual Mark. Here are verses that show the meaning of "binding upon your hand" and "on the frontlets of thine eyes".

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. (Deuteronomy 6:6-8 KJV)

Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (Deuteronomy 11:18, 19 KJV)

Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the Lord did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the Lord's law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the Lord brought thee out of Egypt. (Exodus 13:7-9 KJV)

And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the Lord slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the Lord all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem. And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the Lord brought us forth out of Egypt. (Exodus 13:15, 16 KJV)

Those who suggest that it is a literal mark, bear the burden of proof. It is spiritual, for it is written.

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (Philippians 3:17 KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (Romans 16:17 KJV)

The early Christians were told to mark them that errer in the truth, and for their walks. Was it literal? No. Now, consider the world we live in today. How easy is it for government to "mark" you Christians. Consider all the social networking sites you own. Consider all your friends who own social networking sites. Is it really that difficult for the government to mark us, who are obediant.

Consider the 3 in Daniel's day, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednago who refused to bow before the statue. They were found out, were they not? And they didn't have all the technology we have today.

It is easy for Satan and his demonic force to find what Christians are doing. So, it shall be almost as easy, if not, easier in our day.

With that said, there is no Biblical Basis for a literal Mark. If someone has the Biblical Basis for one, please present it.

Elle

Sep 27, 2012
Hi Raeneske,

You said:
"Amen. Yes the Mark of the Beast is a spiritual Mark. Here are verses that show the meaning of "binding upon your hand" and "on the frontlets of thine eyes"."

See, we have some things we agree on ;) . It is amazing to me how something so obvious has been turned into a topic of much speculation. I myself bought into that whole chip controversy and then it dawned on me. What if they are putting that out there to get people to believe that the chip will be the mark to lead them astray from the real mark. It seemed way too obvious and who in their right mind would take it. Even non-believers know about this chip. That was when I started to look more into God's word for the answer and was greatly rewarded.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You got to be kidding me? Did you read that scripture? Read it again those who do it that way are going to be snared and caught.
Isaiah 28
12 To whom He said, "This is the rest with which You may cause the weary to rest," And, "This is the refreshing"; Yet they would not hear. 13 But the word of the Lord was to them, "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little," That they might go and fall backward, and be broken And snared and caught.

Thanks for revealing how you lack ability to understand God's Word as written, because in that it is GOD HIMSELF saying that as a MOCKING against those who refuse to study line upon line, precept upon precept... .

Some fall to the same kind of foolishness from lack of understanding the flow of Scripture with Isaiah 14 where GOD also uses the devil's 'own' words against him in mocking him.

For others who do care to actually understand what GOD is saying there, and to whom, read on...

Isa 28:12-14
12 To whom He said, "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear."
13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
14 Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.
(KJV)

In the Hebrew, it actually sounds like a mocking song. In other words, God's Word to them was "line upon line, precept upon precept...", and BECAUSE it was like that to "them", it caused them to stumble at The Word. They just could NOT STICK TO IT as written!!!

Is that happenned today too with many of "them"??? You betcha', they claim to be following His Word, but they STILL don't stick to it as written, and instead do what? They supplant with their 'own' traditions instead.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
Still arguing? Not getting anywhere I see. Why do you do this to each other? I suppose one is trying to expose the other... okay, I understand. Well, I'm going to pay my two cents.... shall I send it to PayPal?

Stop chopping up Isaiah 28. Read the chapter entirely. It is a beautiful and powerful word of prophecy. There is so much embedded inside of it that I weep watching you fumble around with a couple of lines, trying to make it bend to your will, as if you had the power to do so. Why do you all waste the breath? God has given you a gift that is a far sight greater than the discussion you are rambling on about. The gift is mentioned in this chapter, and it is precious. Again, I wonder what the purpose of this thread was.... to once again try to tear apart one of the most widely used scriptures from Revelation? Where is the gain in this?

What does this bring into the light? What true revelation or insight is being brought to the table? Or is this simply a battle of who has the better make-believe story, a sudden whim of imagination that has caught the mind up inside of a fury?

895 posts... unbelievable. (~Sigh~) Stop writing and start reading.

"Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." (John 9:41)

As for the person who tied this concept to Deuteronomy and Exodus.... I'll keep reading. You caught my attention.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Still arguing? Not getting anywhere I see. Why do you do this to each other? I suppose one is trying to expose the other... okay, I understand. Well, I'm going to pay my two cents.... shall I send it to PayPal?

Stop chopping up Isaiah 28. Read the chapter entirely. It is a beautiful and powerful word of prophecy. There is so much embedded inside of it that I weep watching you fumble around with a couple of lines, trying to make it bend to your will, as if you had the power to do so. Why do you all waste the breath? God has given you a gift that is a far sight greater than the discussion you are rambling on about. The gift is mentioned in this chapter, and it is precious. Again, I wonder what the purpose of this thread was.... to once again try to tear apart one of the most widely used scriptures from Revelation? Where is the gain in this?

What does this bring into the light? What true revelation or insight is being brought to the table? Or is this simply a battle of who has the better make-believe story, a sudden whim of imagination that has caught the mind up inside of a fury?

895 posts... unbelievable. (~Sigh~) Stop writing and start reading.

"Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." (John 9:41)

As for the person who tied this concept to Deuteronomy and Exodus.... I'll keep reading. You caught my attention.

Well, since you stuck your foot in it...

My reply was to wavering Reed who tried to associate my Biblical understanding as being too complex, and that's why I pointed to the Isaiah 28 Scripture where God WAS showing us how His Word must be approached with disciplined study. You do... understand the concept of disciplined Bible study don't you?

I'm not here to quote every single verse in a chapter when I try to explain something, but I am able to do that if required. I usually get heat from others here because of posting too many verses of a chapter within my explanations, which shows those are not really disciplined in Bible study. Those are used to the one-verse leaven makers they're used to hearing at Church that follow men's organizational doctrines (leaven).

And then... IF you will take time to read back farther in the posts here, you will discover my points I covered about what the Rev.13:18 verse signifies per God's Word for those disciplined in It.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
Yeah you are right Veteran, I was tired and angry last night. I have had a lot of vision this year that indicates to me that the last times are moving along quite quickly. When I see people posting arguments that usually display their lack of scriptural knowledge and ignorance of God's character I panic. I am not in this to see people fall into death without Jesus. Satan has a tactic that is common: he gets people so wrapped up in trying to understand something cryptic that they fail to see the blazing light of God. I have seem him use this method to ensnare many people over the years, and it is an undisciplined way of thought.

It is easy to become focused on a small segment of the painting, but if someone looks so closely that all they can see is a single brushstroke they miss the work of art right in front of their eyes. A brushstroke could appear to be almost anything when scrutinizing it, but the truth is that it is only one flash of colour upon the canvas.

I have seen things in this last year that terrify me. The urgency that has been impressed upon my spirit can't be ignored or denied; something is coming, and quickly. Please forgive my harsh tone, but remember this: even Jesus showed his anger. I want to draw your attention to the problem, not destroy you. It is the will of God that all come to know him, and that none perish.

I am tired of watching people perish while they post their own destruction.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Yeah you are right Veteran, I was tired and angry last night. I have had a lot of vision this year that indicates to me that the last times are moving along quite quickly. When I see people posting arguments that usually display their lack of scriptural knowledge and ignorance of God's character I panic. I am not in this to see people fall into death without Jesus. Satan has a tactic that is common: he gets people so wrapped up in trying to understand something cryptic that they fail to see the blazing light of God. I have seem him use this method to ensnare many people over the years, and it is an undisciplined way of thought.

It is easy to become focused on a small segment of the painting, but if someone looks so closely that all they can see is a single brushstroke they miss the work of art right in front of their eyes. A brushstroke could appear to be almost anything when scrutinizing it, but the truth is that it is only one flash of colour upon the canvas.

I have seen things in this last year that terrify me. The urgency that has been impressed upon my spirit can't be ignored or denied; something is coming, and quickly. Please forgive my harsh tone, but remember this: even Jesus showed his anger. I want to draw your attention to the problem, not destroy you. It is the will of God that all come to know him, and that none perish.

I am tired of watching people perish while they post their own destruction.

Your premise doesn't make sense. So it's like, don't seek to understand God's Word as written with study discipline? Just follow... something else?

No, I don't buy that kind of attitude for even a millisecond.

We can do more than just 'feel' what's coming; we can actually getting understanding about it in God's Word by The Holy Spirit! Anything else just ain't gonna' measure up.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
I study. I have discipline. We've had this conversation before. What I am saying is that I've SEEN things this year that have blown my mind. Revelation has come to life for me... I am saying that the word is alive, and speaking. The book was closed and now it's opening. Without study, without knowing the word, the visions that I see would be meaningless and without reference.

Seek God. Understanding comes from the Lord.

"But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding? Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living." (Job 28:12-13)

Not in the land of the living!? How confusing.

"And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding." (Job 28:28)

I can give you a word and you read it, I can give you a video and you watch it, or I give you a vision and you live it.

:) Have a nice day.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Sorry, but God's people do not really need any 'new' prophets. Everything we need is ALREADY written in God's Word through those whom He chose.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
What are you talking about!? You think I asked for this? I gave my life to Jesus when I was thirteen years old; I had the first vision when I was fifteen. It was so clear and powerful that I remember it with clarity twenty years later. I am not here to convince you of anything... I haven't even posted the things that I see because I don't think you can handle it. I am struggling with this. There are so many people that have flooded the Internet with lies. They claim to have vision when they do not; they use their cleverly crafted stories to sell books or market products. Sometimes they are simply selling themselves for seminars or such.

Have I asked anything of you?

The New Testament writes about the gift of prophecy yet here you are claiming that it doesn't exist, and that God's people need no further revelation, or understanding. Perhaps I am mistaken about what you ar saying, but it sounds like you are claiming that everything that needs to be written, has been written. God has a relationship with people, and in my life that relationship has changed over the years.

Could I teach you mathematics if you did not understand a number system? Could I build a brick house without first creating and firing the bricks themselves?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The New Testament writes about the gift of prophecy yet here you are claiming that it doesn't exist, and that God's people need no further revelation, or understanding.

So, God appeared to you and told you to go speak for Him like the OT prophets, and say, "Thus sayeth The LORD..."? If not, then you are no prophet, and you must default to study and understanding in His Holy Writ by The Holy Spirit like everyone else.

My mother had visions, my sister has visions, I've had visions, most here have had unctions by The Holy Spirit about matters in their life and to help their Bible understanding, or with others. Doesn't mean any of us are prophets like the ones God chose and commanded to go directly to the people and speak FOR Him.

The act of prophesying per Paul in 1 Cor.14 is about teaching by guidance of The Holy Spirit, not speaking in unknown tongues, for the word 'unknown' there was added by the translators, it's not even in the Greek NT manuscripts.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Sorry, but God's people do not really need any 'new' prophets. Everything we need is ALREADY written in God's Word through those whom He chose.

How can someone that spends time like you interpreting say such a thing? Understanding, interpreting is also the work of Prophets.
Any man that sees with the eyes of the Spirit he is a prophet. Pardes seek out the wisdom of Gods word.

My reply to Risen Angle was based on that one post. He who can read the writing on the wall he is surly a prophet.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
How can someone that spends time like you interpreting say such a thing? Understanding, interpreting is also the work of Prophets.
Any man that sees with the eyes of the Spirit he is a prophet. Pardes seek out the wisdom of Gods word.

My reply to Risen Angle was based on that one post. He who can read the writing on the wall he is surly a prophet.

I see you're another one that has been mislead with not knowing the difference between a Biblical prophet compared with the act of prophesying per Apostle Paul. Preaching under the unction of The Holy Spirit is prophesying (teaching), but does NOT mean one is a 'prophet'. If it were the same thing, then EVERYONE who preaches God's Word would be a 'prophet' like those of OT and NT times.

So do you have a new vision too that we ALL MUST heed because God commanded you to go speak FOR Him to the people? Will you also make a claim like risen did that if you revealed the vision you'd be afraid the people couldn't handle it? How is that the work of a 'prophet' sent by God to speak to the people FOR Him?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Have a good day veteran and my the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob be with you.

proph·et/ˈpräfit/
Noun:
  • A person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God: "the Old Testament prophet Jeremiah".

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Have a good day veteran and my the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob be with you.

proph·et/ˈpräfit/
Noun:
  • A person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God: "the Old Testament prophet Jeremiah".

So now God let's dictionaries define how to recognize one of His chosen prophets sent to speak for Him?

No wonder so many today are so confused as to what God's Holy Writ really says, they're too busy listening to those in the world that claim to be His prophets!!!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
My friend, a prophet is one who speaks in the power of the HS.

And no a dictionary will not point to a prophet but simply make clear what a prophet is.
If we can not even agree on what a prophet is then we may not be brothers. Matthew 12:49
Proverbs 12:18