The beloved disciple ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
who, according to the bible, was the beloved disciple and why more beloved than the others, including Peter - winc

DONO

Apr 6, 2015
Temporary
I believe as do most that it was John writing about himself. Even bragging about out-running Peter to Jesus' empty tomb.

Dono

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
DONO said:
I believe as do most that it was John writing about himself. Even bragging about out-running Peter to Jesus' empty tomb.

Dono

even though Peter replied that he loved Jesus more than them all [Jn.21:15-17] - btw most just want to answer the first part of the question and I have yet to get an answer to the second part why - winc

DONO

Apr 6, 2015
Temporary
Ummmm...because he considered himself more beloved? He thought he was; Peter thought he was. If Mark, Luke or any others refered to either one of them as more beloved than the other I would completly understand your question.

Dono

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
DONO said:
Ummmm...because he considered himself more beloved? He thought he was; Peter thought he was. If Mark, Luke or any others refered to either one of them as more beloved than the other I would completly understand your question.

Dono

DONO said:

Dono

sure see JN.19:26 AND 21:20 and at the last supper - winc

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
re: "who, according to the bible, was the beloved disciple..."

We don't know; scripture doesn't say.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Winc,

According to Jo 11:3 and elsewhere in Scripture, it would have been Lazarus and he is also the disciple who wrote the Book of John.

It could not have been John because John is an Apostle and not a disciple.

John is the human writer of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John, and also the Book of Revelation.

To God Be The Glory

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Jun2u said:
Winc,

According to Jo 11:3 and elsewhere in Scripture, it would have been Lazarus and he is also the disciple who wrote the Book of John.

It could not have been John because John is an Apostle and not a disciple.

John is the human writer of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John, and also the Book of Revelation.

To God Be The Glory

They are Apostles now but were disciples then it seems - anyway even if Lazarus why beloved of Jesus and Mary [Jn.19:26-27] - winc