The Bible - How do you view it ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you view the Bible?

• Verbatim - Word of God

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Inspired - By God but has human errors

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the universe is only 12 billion years, and 1 billion being equal to an hour.
I like to think about things like this, keeps the brain active.
They figure the age of the universe based on the distance to the furthest stars, and how long it takes the light to reach us. Of course, God stretched out the heavens, so that messes up all their calculations.

Peter tells us that uniformitarianism is false anyway. So they are all wrong.

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uniformitarianism
  • n.
    The theory that all geologic phenomena may be explained as the result of existing forces having operated uniformly from the origin of the earth to the present time.
  • n.
    The theory advocated by uniformitarians: the opposite of catastrophism. See catastrophe, 3, and catastrophism.
  • n.
    The uniformitarian doctrine.
Uniformitarianism is a theory based on the work of James Hutton and made popular by Charles Lyell in the 19 th century. This theory states that the forces and processes observable at earth's surface are the same that have shaped earth's landscape throughout natural history.

It's even called a doctine.
A teaching..
doctrines of men...
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

In other words, Uniformitarian Doctrine, allows no room for God's hands forming the world.
They can observe changes according to what they see. But they don't see the force or the process itself.

Cern comes to mind.
Trying to expose black matter.
There's a reason why it's black. It says leave me alone.
But they keep picking and poking...
who knows what the hell they'll release....

oh oh.. i just found my tin foil hat..
That's Racist!
haha

Hugs

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To me the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.

It is alive.

For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (as I recall)
@Wynona : Great post! :)

Reactions: Wynona

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, how do you suggest I deal with this? You want me to be blind? How do you reconcile the fact that the universe is 14 billion years old and Genesis says “one day”?
Who told you that? lol

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that some of you here are not interpreting “one day” as literal but as millions or billions of years and that’s great. That’s the reconciliation I’m looking for. I had the same debate with a friend of mine last week and he interpreted “one day” as millions of years while also saying that ‘the Bible is concerned with conveying messages that God deems important, not a history of tectonic plates over millions of years’. That made sense to me.

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To me the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.

It is alive.

For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (as I recall)
@Wynona Great verse there. God bless His Word to you and dh.

Reactions: Wynona