The Bible is Written in Metaphors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the beast is a man (antichrist denotes a man who has been against Christ for almost 2500 years) is what I am trying to tell you.

The beast out of the sea (humanity) is a man, the false prophet. The beast out of the land, earth, from under the earth, Satan is the other beast.
Now you know what was SIGNnified to John by God, not METAPHORized to John by God.

Revelation 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

A street sign, business sign, etc., is not a metaphor.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, Jesus said.."A CERTAIN MAN".....and lied.

Bummer.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of understanding, and a famine of the hearing of the word of God, sent by God, is common today.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying Jesus made up a story of "a certain man", as "a certain fictitious man" is naughty.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(format doesn't copy/paste same: see webpage for clear reading/searching/reading definitions (Biblical) )

Figures of Speech used in the Bible

https://www.holybibleinstitute.com/files/Bullinger-Figures_of_Speech_used_in_the_Bible_b_.pdf
Figures of Speech Used in the Bible E.W. Bullinger London, 1898 What follows is a hypertext outline of Bullinger's important reference work. The links lead to full entries in the Silva Rhetoricae for each of the figures discussed. Summary of Classification 1. Figures Involving Omission ¡ Affecting words ¡ Affecting the sense 2. Figures ...

2.AFFECTING THE ARRANGEMENT AND ORDER OF WORDS
1.SEPARATE WORDS
nHYPERBATON: or, Transposition. nANASTROPHE: or, Arraignment. nSYLLEPSIS: or, Change in Concord. nTIMESIS: or, Mid-Cut.
2.SENTENCES AND PHRASES
nHYSTERON-PROTERON: or, The Last, First. nHYSTEROLOGIA: or, The First, Last. nHYSTERESIS: or, Subsequent Narration. nSIMULTANEUM: or, Insertion. nANTITHESIS: or, Contrast. nENANTIOSIS: or, Contraries. nANACOLUTHON: or, Non-sequence.
3.AFFECTING THE APPLICATION OF WORDS
1.As to Sense
nSIMILE: or, Resemblance. nSYNCRISIS: or, Repeated Simile. n
METAPHOR: or, Representation. nHYPOCATASTASIS: or, Implication. nALLEGORY: or, Continued Metaphor and Hypocatastasis. nPARABOLA: or, Parable nAPOLOGUE: or, Fable nPAROEMIA: or, Proverb. nTYPE. nSYMBOL. nAENIGMA: or, Enigma nPOLYONYMIA: or, Many Names. nGNOME: or, Quotation. nCHREIAnNOEMAnACCOMODATIO nAMPHIBIOLOGIA: or, Double Meaning.

allegoryPage 1 of 2file://C:\Program Files\Teleport Pro\Projects\Bullinger...\allegory.ht23/12/1999A sustained metaphor continued through whole sentences or even through a whole discourse.

ExamplesThe most obvious use of allegory is work-length narratives such as the medieval Everyman or Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. Quintilian labels allegory what is elsewhere called a "conceit":

an extended metaphor:The ship of state has sailed through rougher storms than the tempest of these lobbyists. Allegory also occurs when an allusion is made with no introductory explanation and the speaker trusts the audience to make the connection, as in the following example, where reference is made to the historic landing of a craft on the moon, but no direct connection is made to the more mundane application of this allusion:Well, the Eagle has landed. I thought you'd never make partner in the firm.

Related Figureslmetaphorl
similel
conceitl
catachresisl
parabolal
Figures that obscure or conceal meaning: °enigma°noema°schematismusRelated Topics of InventionlComparison

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke in parables not metaphor.
Get your literary facts straight.
That is what I have been saying. A parable is a comparison with a historical event known to Jesus. A metaphor is an open ended imaginary story.

God nor Jesus spoke of imaginary stories.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
False motives and intents, purposes, are revealed , exposed, daily, by God's Word.

But only if the reader actually understands what it is that he has read.

Often busy posting people are the ones that this applies too. No time to take in the context and meaning of other peoples post because they are too busy, or have the time to meditate on what the Bible is actually saying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To you and the world, unregenerate natural man, the Bible is not comprehensible.
The Bible is incomprehensible to those that consider it metaphors and not literal.

This causes the mass false doctrine syndrome.

This allows a false teacher to redefine scripture to his or her taste.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is incomprehensible to those that consider it metaphors and not literal.
This causes the mass false doctrine syndrome.
This allows a false teacher to redefine scripture to his or her taste.
As you have in posts this last week.

As a false teacher, the premise you post, and have posted, is false. And all that follows.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you have in posts this last week.

As a false teacher, the premise you post, and have posted, is false. And all that follows.
It is false to teach Jesus spoke literally?

If he did not speak literally, he spoke falsely.

I hope you speak literally and not falsely to your loved ones, for everyone's sake.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of knowledge - not understanding "literal", "metaphor", etc, might by your difficulty, and not willful sin.
It is false to teach Jesus spoke literally?
If he did not speak literally, he spoke falsely.
I hope you speak literally and not falsely to your loved ones, for everyone's sake.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of knowledge - not understanding "literal", "metaphor", etc, might by your difficulty, and not willful sin.
No, refusing to call Jesus a literary liar is my fault.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then your sin stays with you, for reasons previously posted by you,
and your motive and desire shown here.
Bless me father, for I have sinned, this is my fifty thousandth confession....